Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just took about 20 goes to gold Nat A-4, was listening to the tyres screeching too much and thought I was losing speed. I wasn't. Let the tyres screech loads on last run and was no problem.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Holy shit. This is amazing just using the motion control on the dual sense. Who needs a wheel?

Shame I'm still only playing the black and white races from the main hub because the stupid update is taking so long to download.

The replays are absolutely incredible visually as well. Can't wait to see them in colour.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So what settings you guys have on? Surely racing lines and braking points is cheating.

Also what view is everyone using?
The only assistance I use is the braking indicator so the HUD gets progressively redder as you’re approaching braking zones, it’s helpful for getting used to different cars on different tracks and then you can adapt from there and learn where you can push further etc.

Racing lines and the full braking “zone” thing is too much, and I don’t use any stability control or countersteer assistance or anything. I prefer to have traction control off too, but with some cars it’s just impossible so I will set that to “1”.

For view I typically use the one where you’re basically looking out of the front bumper but sometimes use the one where you’re a bit higher and can see the front edge of the car. Interior view looks awesome but I find it hard to judge. I’ll only use the external full car view for drifting.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just seen some gameplay. Looks as dull as ever. The way the cars slide is mega unrealistic too.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Rally ones on dirt have the car on sport hard tyres rather than dirt tyres.
Ah, I got annoyed as hell with the first dirt license in the truck, skipped it after I got bronze because I just felt "feck the dirt". Thought something felt weird af with it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: Maybe you should play it before judging it.
Would happily change my view if I do and it's drastically different from how it looks somehow. Reserve the right to have an opinion on how it looks though. Especially for a racing game. Not like you'll be missing out on world immersion or something.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The only assistance I use is the braking indicator so the HUD gets progressively redder as you’re approaching braking zones, it’s helpful for getting used to different cars on different tracks and then you can adapt from there and learn where you can push further etc.

Racing lines and the full braking “zone” thing is too much, and I don’t use any stability control or countersteer assistance or anything. I prefer to have traction control off too, but with some cars it’s just impossible so I will set that to “1”.

For view I typically use the one where you’re basically looking out of the front bumper but sometimes use the one where you’re a bit higher and can see the front edge of the car. Interior view looks awesome but I find it hard to judge. I’ll only use the external full car view for drifting.
The only thing I have on is that corner marker thing. All other assists off except TCS which I generally don’t touch and take as is. I’m just not good enough to drive cockpit view so usually behind the car.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Think we've got pretty much the same setup, the only red thing I get is the gear I think? Full thing doesn't flash red for me but tells me what gear I should be in for the next corner. Think I may have left TCS on too.

It seems the settings are working for me at the moment. I remember default settings on old GTs made some license tests near impossible.

Massively enjoying this at the moment, this feels like the first few GTs. The licenses really are quite a brilliant thing. I could literally just do licenses forever to perfect parts of tracks. They could release a weekly license test and I would do it, without it feeling like a chore.

Just waiting for my brother to get it, have a practice then decide which track / car we are going to do time trials on.

Used to be a lotus Elise on midfield raceway I think it was. 10 of us in a house before 'going round town' ... We would often skip going to town in search of the best TT among us :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The only thing I have on is that corner marker thing. All other assists off except TCS which I generally don’t touch and take as is. I’m just not good enough to drive cockpit view so usually behind the car.
Yeah I find cockpit view is a bit strange in games, I'll probably give cockpit a go once we get it in VR though :drool: I have set my cockpit view a bit different and it felt better than the default.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I find some of the licence tests and circuit experience sectors are made extremely difficult by leaving TCS on, even on low, because it slows down your acceleration out of certain corners.

Think we've got pretty much the same setup, the only red thing I get is the gear I think? Full thing doesn't flash red for me but tells me what gear I should be in for the next corner. Think I may have left TCS on too.

It seems the settings are working for me at the moment. I remember default settings on old GTs made some license tests near impossible.

Massively enjoying this at the moment, this feels like the first few GTs. The licenses really are quite a brilliant thing. I could literally just do licenses forever to perfect parts of tracks. They could release a weekly license test and I would do it, without it feeling like a chore.

Just waiting for my brother to get it, have a practice then decide which track / car we are going to do time trials on.

Used to be a lotus Elise on midfield raceway I think it was. 10 of us in a house before 'going round town' ... We would often skip going to town in search of the best TT among us :lol:
The license tests are great, and circuit experience challenges are bloody tough too!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I find some of the licence tests and circuit experience sectors are made extremely difficult by leaving TCS on, even on low, because it slows down your acceleration out of certain corners.

The license tests are great, and circuit experience challenges are bloody tough too!
When does circuit experience challenges unlock? Is that from doing the menus?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
When does circuit experience challenges unlock? Is that from doing the menus?
It’s within each location. So if you go to, for example, America and then select Laguna Seca, instead of selecting an event to enter, at the bottom there’s a few options including time trials (just you setting your best time in whatever car you’re in) and one called circuit experience. It’ll put you in a particular car and break each circuit down into segments, with bronze/silver/gold sector time targets, followed by a full lap.

The times are very challenging on some of them, and the cars are usually fast.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It’s within each location. So if you go to, for example, America and then select Laguna Seca, instead of selecting an event to enter, at the bottom there’s a few options including time trials (just you setting your best time in whatever car you’re in) and one called circuit experience. It’ll put you in a particular car and break each circuit down into segments, with bronze/silver/gold sector time targets, followed by a full lap.

The times are very challenging on some of them, and the cars are usually fast.
Ooo that sounds great. Definitely going to have to have a look at that!

I can't decide what parts of the game I want to do first :lol:

RoadTrip

I’ve done licence, now working my way through the menus. After that, probably going to do missions I think. Then I will do some research for the best online cars and have a stab at that, or maybe try gold out circuit experiences. I just did one for one of the menus, it’s basically like the S licence series.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Thanks. I’m in the 20s. Already golded the licenses. So I guess that then leaves missions and circuit experience?
more races unlock that have fuel consumption and tyre wear. Been doing them while I wait for the licences and missions to be fixed.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Got a few weeks off work and a 75" 4K TV to setup. Gonna have to get this I think.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I love how you can be .2 off a time and then suddenly smash it by .6, a gain of .8 over 2 corners :lol: shows how great F1 drivers and the likes are. Even the top GT players in the world. That kinda consistency over an entire lap, let alone 2+ is insane.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Had a week off work so was able to blast through stuff doing 500+ miles per day. :nervous: Going to have serious withdrawals.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I darent spend my coins on any shiny new cars :lol: this is way better than winning all the best cars in a few hours like that Forza bollocks.

RoadTrip

literally spent no credits except for a few thousand here and there on a few cars in order to complete some of the menu items. Aiming to save them so I can get the right cars for online but let’s see

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
literally spent no credits except for a few thousand here and there on a few cars in order to complete some of the menu items. Aiming to save them so I can get the right cars for online but let’s see
I’ve bought a few used cars and then spent bits on mods but have limited my modifications so far to just tyres and suspension as I don’t want to spend too much.

I’ve only got just over a million credits though.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I'm finding it hard to get back to playing Forza after GT 7. The driving mechanics feels almost cartoonish in Forza but could just be me. I love Forza for the collection of cars they have. The 400 cars in GT7 is on the low side.

Anyone know if Polyphony will add new cars in the future, like Forza has with its Horizon series?

pacifictheme

I think polyphony have done a great job of making a racing game and then made some mental decisions to gimp the amount people can enjoy it. Just give us some proper championships with qualifying and standing starts.

Just doing the 700pp menu championship and it's rolling starts for 20 cars so I have to use a significantly quicker car to win. There is no racing because I catch and breeze past every car over the first 3 or 4 laps. I'd rather a standing start with qualifying in a car more closely matched to the ai. The intro movie for the championship is a fecking standing start for fecks sake.

Wal2Fra

I love how you can be .2 off a time and then suddenly smash it by .6, a gain of .8 over 2 corners :lol: shows how great F1 drivers and the likes are. Even the top GT players in the world. That kinda consistency over an entire lap, let alone 2+ is insane.
I think this is something that racing games have that not many other genres do, that sense of progression. Shaving 100’s of a second off here and there. Learning how to take a corner better, feeling confident pushing the car etc…

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think this is something that racing games have that not many other genres do, that sense of progression. Shaving 100’s of a second off here and there. Learning how to take a corner better, feeling confident pushing the car etc…
Yea agreed. At the start of a new challenge like this I feel like I start to master the track bit by bit, shaving tiny fractions off corner by corner until I finally get the gold time and it’s like the 99 CL Final.

As infuriating as it can be when you get stuck on a challenge for a while, the victory is so worth it in the end!