Gaming Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) | Full game and online multiplayer confirmed in free PS VR2 update

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah it took me a while. But the key is just turning way way earlier than the corner. The thing that got me was the stupid jump at the end. Would crash into the barrier like 5m from the end and almost smash my TV

Watch the demonstration though - it really does help a lot.
yeah, apparently everyone is having that bug after the latest patch, not sure if they fixed it yet.

Makes me feel better; hope that gets fixed soon!

Thanks SW!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Seriously tempted to buy this. I normally buy them years later much cheaper but this does look good.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This game is giving me Football Manager vibes. A great game, very addicting but with very annoying minor issues that would make it an 11/10 game if they fixed it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
IB-10 took me a while. Probably the most frustrating one so far. Was 0.002 off gold at one point.
Really not looking forward to IA and S licences :lol:

Leg-End

Gold bars?

Saw one on a 1 star ticket and wasn't sure what it was for.
Yep that’s it, I think there must be levels as I’ve seen them before on 3 star, but this was a stack of 5 I think so must be 100k each.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m just watching Super GT on YouTube trying to beat his own best time on the licences.

He’s just doing S-10 and feck me, that can’t be possible using a controller.

hobbers

I’m just watching Super GT on YouTube trying to beat his own best time on the licences.

It's fine so long as you can manage the throttle okay, especially on the long corners, never be more than about 50%.

Leg-End

I went 2.5 seconds under the gold time :lol: It’s frustrating but doable.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I went 2.5 seconds under the gold time :lol: It’s frustrating but doable.
Jesus, that’s awesome!

He did something nuts like 6 seconds under but he’s on the super expensive wheel set-up. And is generally ridiculously good.

Leg-End

Jesus, that’s awesome!

He did something nuts like 6 seconds under but he’s on the super expensive wheel set-up. And is generally ridiculously good.
I can’t say I haven’t been looking at a cheap wheel setup just to get that buzz again. Trouble is nothing is actually cheap these days and it becomes hard to justify the outlay.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can’t say I haven’t been looking at a cheap wheel setup just to get that buzz again. Trouble is nothing is actually cheap these days and it becomes hard to justify the outlay.
Yea same, I love the idea but it’s not just the £250 ish for the Logitech wheel it’s something to mount it to as well, it’s expensive and takes up space.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yea same, I love the idea but it’s not just the £250 ish for the Logitech wheel it’s something to mount it to as well, it’s expensive and takes up space.
Rado, rado rado rado.

I swear you always say "i'm not buying this" like a week before you go buy it.

Enjoy your new logitech wheel next week.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Rado, rado rado rado.

I swear you always say "i'm not buying this" like a week before you go buy it.

Enjoy your new logitech wheel next week.
:lol: no this one isn’t happening; if nothing else I’ve nowhere to really store it once it’s set up as a proper seat etc.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Fecking finally got gold on S-10!

Took me most of the morning.

The issue isn’t really speed - it’s that to get all the way around without fecking up is so difficult. Each tiny mistake is fatal. I actually only completed the lap 3 times :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Has anybody jumped into the online yet? I'm thinking of getting the game soon-ish, but all the tuning that they've introduced for the online is putting me off. I haven't got the patience (or knowledge) for all that.

Was just wondering how it is in practice.

pacifictheme

Has anybody jumped into the online yet? I'm thinking of getting the game soon-ish, but all the tuning that they've introduced for the online is putting me off. I haven't got the patience (or knowledge) for all that.

Was just wondering how it is in practice.
I have really enjoyed it so far. There are YouTube videos to tune cars for the online tracks so it's not an issue. I've not bothered with any tuning and while I haven't competed for a win, I usually come top 6 or 7.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I have really enjoyed it so far. There are YouTube videos to tune cars for the online tracks so it's not an issue. I've not bothered with any tuning and while I haven't competed for a win, I usually come top 6 or 7.
Good to hear it doesn't get in the way. Still not a fan of introducing it, although I guess this Is kind of what you get with this sort of game. As long as there are tutorials where I can just copy and paste the settings it should be fine!

The Cat

I can see me getting pissed later and buying this to get the use out of my Logitech wheel and pedals.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m going to have to convince the wife to let me have a wheel. The R32 is an absolute joy to drive when fully tuned (sticks to the road like glue) as is a 911 (so twitchy and you’re fighting with the car constantly), even on a controller. Driving both on a wheel must be :drool::drool::drool:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can see me getting pissed later and buying this to get the use out of my Logitech wheel and pedals.
What you should do, just to save yourself from that possibility, is send me your Logitech wheel and pedals.

For your own good, like.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m going to have to convince the wife to let me have a wheel. The R32 is an absolute joy to drive when fully tuned (sticks to the road like glue) as is a 911 (so twitchy and you’re fighting with the car constantly), even on a controller. Driving both on a wheel must be :drool::drool::drool:
I was doing the Formula car super licence test at lunch (within hundredths of gold, confident I’ll smash it over the weekend) and thinking about how nice that car would be with a wheel. It must made an enormous difference.

Leg-End

I could justify the outlay on the wheel but the issue is the seat or stand and then storage when it’s not in use.

That’s why the Playseat Challenge looks a good option.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I could justify the outlay on the wheel but the issue is the seat or stand and then storage when it’s not in use.

That’s why the Playseat Challenge looks a good option.
Oh ffs why did I google that it looks perfect.

No. I’m not doing it.

No.

The Cat

What you should do, just to save yourself from that possibility, is send me your Logitech wheel and pedals.

For your own good, like.
I've just bought it. Will start tomorrow it looks amazing. I'm starting back in work on Monday after a year's break - that's my spare time gone for a while. I started playing with the wheel and pedals over Christmas and it was great fun - but I am absolutely shit at it until I put the practice in.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've just bought it. Will start tomorrow it looks amazing. I'm starting back in work on Monday after a year's break - that's my spare time gone for a while. I started playing with the wheel and pedals over Christmas and it was great fun - but I am absolutely shit at it until I put the practice in.
Enjoy!