Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I hated the storyline once it got past Las Venturas, but it had everything. Planes, Fighter Jets, Parachuting, Swimming, Car customization, gambling, tattoos, dildo's to beat up hookers and not to mention 3 cities and between those cities forests, mountains and deserts. IV was too gritty/realistic to me, Grand Theft Auto doesn't work in that setting.
See realism is what made 4 great for me. Tattoos customization etc.....if I want that Ill play the sims.........Fighter Jets etc fall into the same catorgory,

Although I did like the 3 cities idea, it also worked well in GTA 1

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
San Andreas and Vice City were amazing to be honest, especially San Andreas. So much replay value and great character, I'd be overjoyed if they remade San Andreas on a much larger scale.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
San Andreas was possibly the most playable game of all time. There was always something new to find. I remember when I first found the hillbilly hut with the decent moonshine car outside, creepy as feck, but brilliant.
Maybe it's because I was 16 and had no life but I lost hundreds of hours to just pissing around doing random things in that game. Harrier dogfighting, car customization, motorbike stunts, train driving, driving a car to the top of that really tall mountain and then driving off the side, doing the cop vigilante missions but in an Apache helicopter, causing mayhem in the army base in a dune buggy, tank rampages.

Quality game, the best in the series. I said to a mate earlier that GTASA on modern tech would be close to the best game ever, I hope it happens.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Maybe it's because I was 16 and had no life but I lost hundreds of hours to just pissing around doing random things in that game. Harrier dogfighting, car customization, motorbike stunts, train driving, driving a car to the top of that really tall mountain and then driving off the side, doing the cop vigilante missions but in an Apache helicopter, causing mayhem in the army base in a dune buggy, tank rampages.

Quality game, the best in the series. I said to a mate earlier that GTASA on modern tech would be close to the best game ever, I hope it happens.
Same, some of that brings out fond memories. I was the unlucky one who informed my school about the bigfoot legend, every one went off looking for it, when we came back everyone blamed me as a liar, but the fact was I never said I had seen it. I continued my search, thermal goggles/apache gunship, full on camo clothing, I hunted and hunted.

I never found bigfoot. I truly hope they put bigfoot and that mad chainsaw wielding bastard in this one, I pray it's an SA remake.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."

Nothing to do with age or circumstance man. I was 28 or 29 & i fookin loved the game, just goin for cruise in the car & being up to no general good was one of the best parts of that game. Absolutely total awesomeness of all awesomenessessess's :cool:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
San Andreas was fecking brilliant. Most people have already covered it, I loved searching the woods for bigfoot when the rumours were going round. The desert was great fun as well. It's between SA and VC for my favourite. If anything the new one needs to town down the realism. I liked IV but I didn't enjoy it as much as the others. GTA is all about the crazy shit.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Same, some of that brings out fond memories. I was the unlucky one who informed my school about the bigfoot legend, every one went off looking for it, when we came back everyone blamed me as a liar, but the fact was I never said I had seen it. I continued my search, thermal goggles/apache gunship, full on camo clothing, I hunted and hunted.

I never found bigfoot. I truly hope they put bigfoot and that mad chainsaw wielding bastard in this one, I pray it's an SA remake.
Never heard about the bigfoot legend rumour. I would have been doing that same shit man, so dont you put yourself down now.. we dont take too kindly to people who put themselves down round here...

Eriku

Never played San Andreas but I heard about the Big Foot myth and that people wasted a fair bit of time on it. I liked that in Red Dead they handed you a trophy for getting at Sasquatch, referencing San Andreas frustration in the process :)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I remember the alien map as well in that cabin, I spent ages flying round in jets and walking around near those areas looking for something.

beardsleybob

Didn't like San Andreas. Vice City is the best one IMO, can play that over and over. III is great too.
At the time I loved Vice City, proper retro which I loved. All the business missions were always so unique

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Is there a big foot in RDR?! :lol: RHD

I remember the alien map as well in that cabin, I spent ages flying round in jets and walking around near those areas looking for something.
Yep, I did that also when I had given up on Bigfoot.

I'll tell the truth, I continued hunting even though they had proved Bigfoot didn't exist, I just enjoyed the atmosphere and the apache gunship.

Plan M

I've enjoyed every GTA game since I played the first on the original Playstation, I remember buying it when I was 19 years old and taking it straight to a mate's house. We got stoned and laughed our heads off at the Country & Western radio station. I then remember being amazed by GTA 3 (the first one which wasn't overhead view IIRC).

Vice City is my personal fave because of the 80s vibe and soundtrack - reminds me of being a kid growing up watching stuff like Miami Vice.

San Andreas was excellent, had lots of fun on that but don't like the whole "gangsta theme" very much.

GTA IV was superb - I loved the scale of it, the city actually felt alive. I remember reading a good article in EDGE magazine back in 2008 where the GTA creator said "The game has matured because our audience have grown up with the game and matured with it. So there's gonna be less silly stuff and more serious stuff."

So don't hold your breath if you're expecting a "crazy ass" game in GTA V, peeps.

beardsleybob

Yup... Up north, 'round Tall Trees, you suddenly start spotting them if you play the Undead DLC. The trophy you get is "Six years in the making". Gave me a chuckle :)
If you're a big SA fan then you can't help but smile when you kill Bigfoot and the achievement pops up. It's like a teenage dream for me :lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
No love for GTA3. The game that started it all. Still my favorite. Haven't even finished GTA IV and I have countless of hours on the other games. Even bought them all the other day for 10$ on Steam. Great buy since it was my brother who owns all but IV.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
It will be interesting to see whether this comes to Wii U or not, Nintendo will be hoping that it does.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
In all likelihood it won't. Perhaps they will make some alternative GTA game that will take advantage of controller but I'm not sure.

kps88

I think it will. Chinatown on the DS should help pave the way. I'm sure Nintendo realise the significance of getting it on the Wii U if its to be taken seriously when it comes to third party games.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Vice City, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were my favourites. I don't know why but I never bought SA and the odd time I played it at a mates I couldn't get into it but you can't really drop in and out of games like this. I enjoyed IV massively apart from all the SIMS type dating and friendship bullshit. I cannot wait for a new GTA to get into.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Have it on fairly good authority that it will be San Andreas again. (Well, LA, Vegas and San Fran)

winkysmileyface.jpg

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Vice city is where it was at.

GTA4 was a terrible let down for me.

San Andreas was good but all the eating junk food and getting fat shit was crap.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Which GTA had tanks that you could fly with by continously firing bombs? Used to really love that game.

Kaos

Those of you crying out for a current gen San Andreas ought to play Saints Row 2 if you haven't already, it shits over GTA IV in terms of silly, reckless fun....just don't expect any sort of realism. Saints Row 3 is only a few weeks away too :drool:

As for this announcement...I echo whoever said that they're releasing it too early, they really ought to wait till next gen in case its feels a little too repetitive.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Those of you crying out for a current gen San Andreas ought to play Saints Row 2 if you haven't already, it shits over GTA IV in terms of silly, reckless fun....just don't expect any sort of realism. Saints Row 3 is only a few weeks away too :drool:

As for this announcement...I echo whoever said that they're releasing it too early, they really ought to wait till next gen in case its feels a little too repetitive.
Are you joking?

By the time this comes out it will be over 4 years from the previous title.

That's a bit like saying the World Cup is too frequent.

Kaos

Are you joking?

By the time this comes out it will be over 4 years from the previous title.

That's a bit like saying the World Cup is too frequent.
Its not so much the time that concerns me, I'd rather they just wait a few years till the next gen consoles go public and then develop their next GTA game on superior hardware.

I don't see the link with the world cup analogy, games shouldn't be released in set time cycles - when they're ready, they're ready.