Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

Fully Fledged

Can't believe Rockstar hired a crisis actor to get arrested since they leaked this themselves to get much needed publicity for the video game Grand Theft Auto 6.
I know the nerve of them. I hope they compensate him well for his time served.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Are you fecking kidding me? A female protagonist?
I know right? They claim that these games are meant to reflect reality and then they put these mythical "women" into them. Might as well add dragons while they're at it.

Herman Toothrot

Only 4 minigame/activities sounds disappointing.
This is all from what's leaked, so I'd expect more of everything. For example, I can't imagine this edition would have fewer weapons than the last and there's no way a GTA game set in Miami wouldn't have a chainsaw.

I cannot wait for this. In the 10 years since the last instalment, there's been snobbishness around Grand Theft Auto, but for me, it's still the most exciting release. Nobody does open-world like Rockstar. I've spent a good 24 hours or so enjoying Starfield, but the silent protagonist/choose your own adventure/ridiculously large universe approach is fun, but it's not in the same league as something like RDR2.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I’d rather another RDR but still I’ll be very excited to play this.

Herman Toothrot

I’d rather another RDR but still I’ll be very excited to play this.
I'm hoping RDR2 influenced the development, at least story-wise. I think it is right that GTA is a bit less serious in its approach to the story, it has its own thing, but it was probably the weakest element of five. I might not want to cry quite as much as I did in Red Dead, but I'd like to care about the character/characters as much as I did Arthur Morgan.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I'm hoping RDR2 influenced the development, at least story-wise. I think it is right that GTA is a bit less serious in its approach to the story, it has its own thing, but it was probably the weakest element of five. I might not want to cry quite as much as I did in Red Dead, but I'd like to care about the character/characters as much as I did Arthur Morgan.
That’s exactly the reason for my preference. I love the Wild West world, but it was the characters and writing that set it apart from GTA5 for me (which has a fantastic world but I wasn’t invested in the characters and story the way I was with RDR2). I agree that it doesn’t need to ape RDR exactly, and as you point out the less serious and cynical approach does suit GTA, but I’d like them to push themselves a bit more with the story and characters.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I think one of the Rockstar founders who also writes the stories of GTA and Read Dead left. Dan Houser?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I know someone that was dating someone at Rockstar and the little they could tell me was pretty exciting. Sounds like it's going to be a huge game and I'd expect to hear some details around Christmas/the end of the year.

Probably looking at an end of 2024/start of 2025 release date though.

Herman Toothrot

I know someone that was dating someone at Rockstar and the little they could tell me was pretty exciting. Sounds like it's going to be a huge game and I'd expect to hear some details around Christmas/the end of the year.

Probably looking at an end of 2024/start of 2025 release date though.
Then just another year until it comes out on PC... who am I kidding, I'll be buying a console for this if I have to.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If it's set in Florida can we go round to Glazers and bazooka the cnuts?
You can go to the Tampa Bay Feckadeers and feck deers in front of the stadium which makes you poop grenades and you throw them like a gorilla throwing poop at the zoo those guys are funny a feck just sitting there all day going pooooop and then throw weeeeeee Iol fecking amazing lad.

I'm hoping that they bring this level of comedy to the game, which would be an improvement on the last one.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It’s basically the only AAA game I am waiting for. I don’t have much hopes seeing it in the next couple of years as I’m sure they will take their time and milk the machine that V still is but once it releases I’m hoping for a 100+ hours experience.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s basically the only AAA game I am waiting for. I don’t have much hopes seeing it in the next couple of years as I’m sure they will take their time and milk the machine that V still is but once it releases I’m hoping for a 100+ hours experience.
I think we will hear details around christmas or the start of the new year and the release will be 1-2 years from then, probably 2 and nearing the end of the PS5 cycle.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
One year between GTA 3 and Vice City.
Two years between Vice City and San Andreas
4 years between San Andreas and GTA 4
5 years between GTA 4 and GTA 5.

Now we're going beyond 10 years between GTA 5 and 6? That is fecking mental.