Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Imagine the game drops a glitchy mess.

Surely that won't happen the game has probably been in development in some shape or form since 2014 and they probably ramped it up after red dead 2 came out.

SuperiorXI

You can go to the Tampa Bay Feckadeers and feck deers in front of the stadium which makes you poop grenades and you throw them like a gorilla throwing poop at the zoo those guys are funny a feck just sitting there all day going pooooop and then throw weeeeeee Iol fecking amazing lad.

I'm hoping that they bring this level of comedy to the game, which would be an improvement on the last one.
I'm frothing at the mouth at this, can't wait to shag deers and shit grenades!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think we will hear details around christmas or the start of the new year and the release will be 1-2 years from then, probably 2 and nearing the end of the PS5 cycle.
I understand how they want their customer base to be as large as it can be, hence waiting to release it towards the end of console cycle (also so that they can re-release it on the following generation). That's what they did with GTA5 and it sold immensely on both PS3 and PS4, even PS5. I was somewhat surprised they didn't release any GTA game on PS4/XO generation, even an expansion on GTA5, using same engine and virtually same game but adding locations / story missions would have sold incredibly well.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
One year between GTA 3 and Vice City.
Two years between Vice City and San Andreas
4 years between San Andreas and GTA 4
5 years between GTA 4 and GTA 5.

Now we're going beyond 10 years between GTA 5 and 6? That is fecking mental.
Games were much simpler to develop in early 2000s, and they also did not keep bringing revenue 10 years into their life cycle. What you sold at launch and within the first 12 months was basically as good as it got, any sales the came afterwards provided you with some revenue stream but it wasn't as consistent or as significant as it is now with online play and microtransactions.

GTA IV was not a huge online phenomenon either. It's only with GTA5 that they've struck a true gold mine.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I understand how they want their customer base to be as large as it can be, hence waiting to release it towards the end of console cycle (also so that they can re-release it on the following generation). That's what they did with GTA5 and it sold immensely on both PS3 and PS4, even PS5. I was somewhat surprised they didn't release any GTA game on PS4/XO generation, even an expansion on GTA5, using same engine and virtually same game but adding locations / story missions would have sold incredibly well.
I suppose they didn't predict how popular online would be and like with FIFA, why spend ages working on offline content when you can pump out online stuff with ease and get muppets to splurge on micro-transactions.

Balljy

It's definitely strange that they never released a single player expansion for GTA5. Online was an unbelievable money-maker for them but an expansion would have sold well I'm sure.

SuperiorXI

It's definitely strange that they never released a single player expansion for GTA5. Online was an unbelievable money-maker for them but an expansion would have sold well I'm sure.
There was vastly more profits for them in expanding on the online, that's probably where the resources went.

Balljy

There was vastly more profits for them in expanding on the online, that's probably where the resources went.
Yeah, and that's my worry with GTA6 in general that it will be mainly an online game with a shortish single player campaign if that's where they see the money now.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Cannot wait for this!

It’s incredible that the current game was developed for the PS3, and still holds up today. I can’t wait to see what they achieve now that they are focusing on the PS5 (and realistically the PS6 also!).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just doesn’t excite me anymore. Maybe I will be when the trailer drops.

I was a big fan of GTA till 4. MGS and GTA were the two franchises that used to get my giddy with anticipation.

With 5, my love for it just died. My only hope from 6 is that they reinvent combat / the loop in the way that Naughty Dog managed to with TLOU Part 2 which took their generic gameplay of Uncharted and TLOU and turned it into one of the best moment to moment action stealth gameplay loops I’ve played. With Rockstar, their writing and world building in RDR2 was brilliant but the gameplay was so stale and uninteresting.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Mad to think there’s as much time between vice city and V as there is between V and VI

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I tried playing 5 again recently and just didn’t enjoy it at all. Third person with dot reticle just feels so dated and non-immersive. I’m playing Far Cry 6 at the moment and first person is just so much more fun. GTA universe with Far Cry style first person immersion would be my ideal.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I tried playing 5 again recently and just didn’t enjoy it at all. Third person with dot reticle just feels so dated and non-immersive. I’m playing Far Cry 6 at the moment and first person is just so much more fun. GTA universe with Far Cry style first person immersion would be my ideal.
Did you not like the first person mode in GTAV? I think it works very well considering it was an add on, rather than something that was initially integrated into the design of the game.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Doesn't it have first person these days? I'm sure they added a mode.

Not that I'd expect it to be much better of course, certainly not an FPS level.

Adamsk7

V still holds up today. The game mechanics are amazing. The map is giant even by 2023 standards and to get everything to work well- shooting, driving, flying, parachuting, helicopters etc etc is nothing short of a miracle. Surely it’s the largest grossing game of all time?

can’t wait for VI. I’ll buy it on release because £60 doesn’t seem bad for 10 yrs of gameplay!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I miss the days of people scanning magazines onto the internet so people on forums could analyse every part of an article including all the screenshots in the folds.

Then you’d have someone zoom in on a tiny dot and be like “dogs confirmed in San Andreas?”

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Did you not like the first person mode in GTAV? I think it works very well considering it was an add on, rather than something that was initially integrated into the design of the game.
Doesn't it have first person these days? I'm sure they added a mode.

Not that I'd expect it to be much better of course, certainly not an FPS level.
To be fair I’ve completely missed this. It gives me hope they might support it out of the box for 6 though. I don’t really have the appetite to give it another go though as I’ve done the story to death.

V still holds up today. The game mechanics are amazing. The map is giant even by 2023 standards and to get everything to work well- shooting, driving, flying, parachuting, helicopters etc etc is nothing short of a miracle. Surely it’s the largest grossing game of all time?

can’t wait for VI. I’ll buy it on release because £60 doesn’t seem bad for 10 yrs of gameplay!
You mean £90 for PS5, then £40 for PC 3 years later, then £30 for PS6 to get the fully expanded game, then £20 to get it as part of the full GTA remastered collection on PS7.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
To be fair I’ve completely missed this. It gives me hope they might support it out of the box for 6 though. I don’t really have the appetite to give it another go though as I’ve done the story to death.

You mean £90 for PS5, then £40 for PC 3 years later, then £30 for PS6 to get the fully expanded game, then £20 to get it as part of the full GTA remastered collection on PS7.
Even at those prices I would still get more value from it than maybe any other game. I don't begrudge any of the money I have spent on GTAV over the past 10 years.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
GTA V released when I was in 2nd year of Uni. Since then I did an exchange year abroad, finished uni, started my first job, did a masters, on my third job post uni, got married, hit 30. By the time this is out and GTA 7 is released I will probably have had two divorces, three kids and be dead.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Since GTA V was released Manchester United have failed to score a single goal. In that time, Craggy Island FC with a budget of 20 pence have score 385 goals.

Woodzy

GTA V absolutely does not hold up imo. It’s a fun game because it’s GTA and has a decent story but overall it’s clunky as hell.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Gameplay was fine for its time but if it's still going to feel like running through custard with sticky cover mechanics in 2024, they can keep it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is third person outdated now? Man I’m getting old :lol:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Is third person outdated now? Man I’m getting old :lol:
Third person with dot reticle for a game you spend half your time shooting feels very dated. I’m no spring chicken myself