Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Because it proves the game is still a long way off. With how beautiful RDR2 was on the last consoles there is no way the are shipping GTA6 looking anything like that. I don't just mean textures that truck probably had a low polygon count so either they still have a performance issue or they haven't created all the base assets yet.
The videos are supposedly from 2019 aren’t they?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The videos are supposedly from 2019 aren’t they?
Yeah, and they probably started working on it fully around the time RDR2 was released, which would line up. No chance they've only been working on it for a year or two. I think we'll see it in 2024 or 2025. Plenty of time for lots of PS5's and Series S/X to sell, then release GTA Online 2, then a PC version, then a next gen version on the PS6 and whatever another year or two later, then ... profit.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Let's be real here. None of us know how far away the game is or would have been. GTA IV and V was plagued with a few big delays. Rockstar might have been planning a six month fasttrack announcement to release for all we know - would be typical of Rockstar to do something different and bold. Predicting the game is many years away is like the guy who always predicts the economy is about to tank.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Because it proves the game is still a long way off. With how beautiful RDR2 was on the last consoles there is no way the are shipping GTA6 looking anything like that. I don't just mean textures that truck probably had a low polygon count so either they still have a performance issue or they haven't created all the base assets yet.
I think you seem to be the only person who thinks they would ship it looking like that.

Not only were the leaks from it running on a relatively mid-spec machine, any assets would be placeholders and not representative of how they would actually look. Creating the assets themselves is one of the easier parts.

I actually think it shows the game is closer than we think, rather than further away.

Fully Fledged

I think you seem to be the only person who thinks they would ship it looking like that.

Not only were the leaks from it running on a relatively mid-spec machine, any assets would be placeholders and not representative of how they would actually look. Creating the assets themselves is one of the easier parts.

I actually think it shows the game is closer than we think, rather than further away.
I think you will find in the post that you replied to that I didn't think they would ship it like that. Then again I never thought that CDPR would ship Cyber Punk in the state that was in so who knows.

b82REZ

I think you will find in the post that you replied to that I didn't think they would ship it like that. Then again I never thought that CDPR would ship Cyber Punk in the state that was in so who knows.
I actually think long term CP2077 has had a positive impact on the industry. Its botched release and subsequent shit show of failed promises to fix it have scared the big publishers IMO. No AAA game will ship until the Devs say it's ready. CDPR had so much goodwill in the bank after the Witcher 3 and that completely evaporated. Plus Rockstar tend to release their single player content at practically 100%.

The Firestarter

The video is from 2019

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Its not a fecking leak. They’ve released this strategically… any downturn in online play with gta online recently?
I suspect you are right about it being strategic. Its an easy way to start to ramp up interest in GTA6 and build up expectations. Not sure if its done because of a possible downturn though, they have made a monstrous amount of money out of the game already. I still play at least once a week, full servers all the time although there was a change a year ago which meant its rare to end up in a small server.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/gta/gta-5-much-money-game-made-till-now

Beans

Supports
Neutral
"Since then, new information has surfaced from well-known Breached - a hacking forum - admin pompompurin. They claim that the culprit is a 16-year-old who has been arrested for similar crimes in the past.

The 16-year-old hacker was accused of being a leader of the cyber-crime team Lapsus$ after being doxxed by former associates. According to pompompurin, the hacker - who goes by White - sent proof in a Telegram chat that they were behind the GTA 6 leaks."

https://www.thegamer.com/gta-6-leaker-rumoured-to-be-16-year-old-hacker/

Balljy

I'm confused where this 2019 footage thing has come from when some of the leaks are running on 3060's and 3080's which weren't released then?

dove

I'm confused where this 2019 footage thing has come from when some of the leaks are running on 3060's and 3080's which weren't released then?
There are loads of videos from various stages of the game dev so it's likely some of the videos are from 2019 while others are much more recent.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It will definitely be a current gen release. R* usually release their games late in the cycle to capitalise on numbers, then milk it dry with a PC and next gen release.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Jesus some of you need to get out of your parents basement. A producer who is known for leaving hints about future games on currently release work (see gta v and read dead 1) who have been smashed online about the lack of update on the next gta (and haven’t had any major releases since 2018) just so happens to get hacked (with shit renders) which has now caused people to talk about their next game because they can see the development taking place. It’s called marketing.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Jesus some of you need to get out of your parents basement. A producer who is known for leaving hints about future games on currently release work (see gta v and read dead 1) who have been smashed online about the lack of update on the next gta (and haven’t had any major releases since 2018) just so happens to get hacked (with shit renders) which has now caused people to talk about their next game because they can see the development taking place. It’s called marketing.
4D chess

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Too obvious

mu4c_20le

But it's got people talking about how shit the graphics are. Whatever happened to releasing overhyped and misleading trailers?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
But it's got people talking about how shit the graphics are. Whatever happened to releasing overhyped and misleading trailers?
They can use the excuse of source code which is convenient.

let’s be real, a company that has never been hacked is suddenly hacked. You would think security would be at its max given this will be their most anticipated title ever.