Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If it's episodic/smaller at launch and they're coming out with this guff then it probably isn't too far away from release. So....2030.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Don't know where that 'well' came from
Rockstar’s website…

What’s Next
With the unprecedented longevity of GTAV, we know many of you have been asking us about a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series. With every new project we embark on, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we have previously delivered — and we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway. We look forward to sharing more as soon as we are ready, so please stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for official details.

On behalf of our entire team, we thank you all for your support and cannot wait to step into the future with you!

- Rockstar Games
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/ak73k92o47ko75/grand-theft-auto-community-update

Suv666

I know its going to take 3+ years minimum but I'm so hyped right now

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd prefer Rockstar do something else tbh. I prefer RDR2 even with its poor gameplay to GTAV any day.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'd prefer Rockstar do something else tbh. I prefer RDR2 even with its poor gameplay to GTAV any day.
I prefer RDR2 campaign. Nothing wrong with GTA V campaign mind.

However, I ventured into RDR2 online once and wasnt impressed tbh, used to bum GTA online to death with the caf lads. Loaded it up again recently and was bored pretty quickly.

GTA is a massive cash cow though because of stupid cnuts who spend massive on shark cards and all that bollocks.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Hope they balance missions better than they did in RDR2 which was basically a full blown massacre towards the end - and I felt this wasn’t pointed out enough in reviews. Apparently even if you went down the honor route you still ended up killing at least 900 people before the end of that game which was ridiculous. You can put together a few decent missions where you don’t actually have to shoot for 20 minutes in a row. It just got very tedious. I seem to remember previous GTA games being far better in that regard.

I would guess it will release sometime around 2026/27 towards the end of current gen cycle. I still find it unbelievable there was no new GTA game for the entire generation of PS4/XO.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hope they balance missions better than they did in RDR2 which was basically a full blown massacre towards the end - and I felt this wasn’t pointed out enough in reviews. Apparently even if you went down the honor route you still ended up killing at least 900 people before the end of that game which was ridiculous. You can put together a few decent missions where you don’t actually have to shoot for 20 minutes in a row. It just got very tedious. I seem to remember previous GTA games being far better in that record.

I would guess it will release sometime around 2026/27 towards the end of current gen cycle. I still find it unbelievable there was no new GTA game for the entire generation of PS4/XO.
Nakeyjakeys video about Rockstar games was the best I’ve seen. They need to revolutionise the open world genre somehow.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I live quite close to Rockstar North will go take a look in the window.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
So much of the hype around GTA is built around nostalgia, and so much of the enjoyment of playing it as a kid was the ability to do things that you couldn't do in real life like drive cars, fly planes and shoot guns. It does lose a bit of that when you're an adult but you just know it's still going to be a banger of a game. For a lot of people the story doesn't even matter in GTA, it's all about what fun you can create in the world given to you with the tools provided.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
GTA is one of those game series that never really lives up to the hype for me. Vice City aside, I've always fallen off them hard. I put in around ten hours or so, then that's it. They pride themselves on putting a lot of side content into their games (being able to play tennis, golf, bowling, taxi missions, etc.), but it all feels very shallow. Once you've got a five-star wanted level a few times and caused a bit of carnage, it quickly wears off.

And no doubt this new game will lean heavily into the multiplayer element which never appealed to me.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Any criticism of Rockstar’s game worlds is wild. Which games are you being that are better in that respect?

Most don’t even come close.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think RDR2 > GTA 5. There’s an awful lot more depth to Rdr. They are the best games I’ve ever played on the PS4. Anyone got any better suggestions? I tried the Witcher 3? And that weird disco Elysian on the laptop couldn’t get into either but that’s always the way with me and what I did with Rdr 2. Open it, mess around for a few hours and leave it for ages and then get bored one day and get fully into it for a few weeks

MiceOnMeth

I think RDR2 > GTA 5. There’s an awful lot more depth to Rdr. They are the best games I’ve ever played on the PS4. Anyone got any better suggestions? I tried the Witcher 3? And that weird disco Elysian on the laptop couldn’t get into either but that’s always the way with me and what I did with Rdr 2. Open it, mess around for a few hours and leave it for ages and then get bored one day and get fully into it for a few weeks
Nobody makes games quite like Rockstar unfortunately. I've never been able to scratch the gta/rdr itch with other series

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Any criticism of Rockstar’s game worlds is wild. Which games are you being that are better in that respect?

Most don’t even come close.
This aimed at me?

I mean, they're not beyond criticism for a start. And yeah, obviously it's all subjective, and I didn't say Rockstar - I said the GTA series. Despite the fact that I really dislike RDR2, the world that they created is phenomenal. The GTA games just don't do it for me. The ability to cause carnage is fine for a couple of hours, but then it just becomes boring. The side stuff is of no interest. No, I don't wanna go bowling, stop ringing me Brucie!

In terms of open-world games that are better, it's hard to draw any comparisons really because they're all so different. Phantom Pain is an open-world game that's exceptional, but obviously, it's apples and oranges. There are other game worlds that are far superior (IMO), but again they share no similarity so makes no sense to compare them.

I just always fall off hard on all the GTA games. The reality never quite lives up to the promise for me.

MiceOnMeth

would guess it will release sometime around 2026/27 towards the end of current gen cycle. I still find it unbelievable there was no new GTA game for the entire generation of PS4/XO.
Surely 2024 at the very latest if they announced development is "well under way"

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This aimed at me?

I mean, they're not beyond criticism for a start. And yeah, obviously it's all subjective, and I didn't say Rockstar - I said the GTA series. Despite the fact that I really dislike RDR2, the world that they created is phenomenal. The GTA games just don't do it for me. The ability to cause carnage is fine for a couple of hours, but then it just becomes boring. The side stuff is of no interest. No, I don't wanna go bowling, stop ringing me Brucie!

In terms of open-world games that are better, it's hard to draw any comparisons really because they're all so different. Phantom Pain is an open-world game that's exceptional, but obviously, it's apples and oranges. There are other game worlds that are far superior (IMO), but again they share no similarity so makes no sense to compare them.

I just always fall off hard on all the GTA games. The reality never quite lives up to the promise for me.
No, there were a few that specifically mentioned it, including that vid up there. Complaining about how NPCs act in rdr2 seems like madness to me, considering in most games they’re mega on rails or don’t move at all.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Fan base put me off GTA V in the end.

Story mode was OK.

But the game is primarily GTA online and that for me is 12 years olds on flying motorbikes.

Rockstar went where the money was. At least IV had some extra content for single player

FriedClams

GTA is one of those game series that never really lives up to the hype for me. Vice City aside, I've always fallen off them hard. I put in around ten hours or so, then that's it. They pride themselves on putting a lot of side content into their games (being able to play tennis, golf, bowling, taxi missions, etc.), but it all feels very shallow. Once you've got a five-star wanted level a few times and caused a bit of carnage, it quickly wears off.

And no doubt this new game will lean heavily into the multiplayer element which never appealed to me.
I agree to an extent, it’s a very repetitive game. I haven’t played gta 5 in 3+ years but if I was to turn it on right now, I would get a helicopter, fly it to the army base and steal a jet. Just like every other time I played it.

still, the scope is amazing and the story mode is typically incredible. With ps5 graphics and a new Map, there’s no way it won’t be one of the better games ever made IMO, and it will probably do something groundbreaking. I always liked the idea of merging James Bond and GTA together, where you can take flights between different continents. Imagine Tommy Vercetti cruising along vice city beach then gets a call he needs to head to Russia or something to take care of some snitch and then there’s a whole new map, and all the NPC’ speak Russian.

Sarni

Surely 2024 at the very latest if they announced development is "well under way"
I doubt it’s just two years. I think it was 2.5 - 3 years from the announcement to the release of RDR2. I would expect this to be longer as they are only releasing GTA5 on PS5/XSX in two months.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I prefer RDR2 campaign. Nothing wrong with GTA V campaign mind.

However, I ventured into RDR2 online once and wasnt impressed tbh, used to bum GTA online to death with the caf lads. Loaded it up again recently and was bored pretty quickly.

GTA is a massive cash cow though because of stupid cnuts who spend massive on shark cards and all that bollocks.
GTAV campaign was utter trash and easily the worst considering 3 even had a fecking mute. There is zero redeeming qualities of the characters.

Niko may have seemed bland, but there’s far more depth to his character than probably any in gta series… which probably inspired Arthur Morgan

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Picked up GTA5 on PC this weekend having not played since my PS3 - in fact I was shocked I didn’t have it on PS4 and it made me realise how long it’s been out!

It’s a great game, excellent writing and good gameplay for the campaign. I didn’t play much online before but might have another crack at it once I’ve finished the campaign again.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I wonder if there will even be a GTA6? I suspect we will see GTA Online become the main platform and then missions, stories etc grow from that.

Sarni

I wonder if there will even be a GTA6? I suspect we will see GTA Online become the main platform and then missions, stories etc grow from that.
There will be GTA6. Probably not before 2025/26 or maybe even 2027 but they will deliver it eventually and it will be amazing.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Still completely bemused by the totally underwhelming way they chose to acknowledge this once in a generation Titan of a game for the first time.