Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI | Trailer out now

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just me who was hoping for a location they didn't use before? Make it a GTA based in a city in Brazil or something, that'd be a great one.

MegadrivePerson

I'm not overly impressed with the trailer. Might just stick with the old one for another 12 years.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Just me who was hoping for a location they didn't use before? Make it a GTA based in a city in Brazil or something, that'd be a great one.
I don’t really like the idea of GTA being set outside US. Its humor is largely based on mocking the US culture.

AFC NimbleThumb

I didn’t personally like the 3 character stuff last time except during combat, I found that part entertaining but I like to just get behind 1 protagonist. Hopefully you can play as as either or for those that liked it jump between.

AFC NimbleThumb

When were you expecting it to come out?
Dunno but not 2025, I am out the loop with games hence buying a console but I was hoping for a 2024 date. Basically a date that meant I might as well not wait until Black Friday 2024 so let’s say I was hoping for any time before Thanksgiving 2024.

hobbers

Oh boy, a 100% guaranteed December 2025 release date. Much excite.

AFC NimbleThumb

Rather they get the release right, take as long as they like.

First time that in my opinion it resembles an actual city from the visuals. Population, amount of vehicles etc. They got close with 5 but this just feels right, helped by the significant update in lighting. Also really love the shots of the map outside of the city too, they've actually improved on RdR2's visuals which is impressive given how goddamn beautiful that game is.
Yes. I’ve rewatched this about 5 times & certain scenes just look so dense, hopefully it’s really built up in areas & moves like one.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Had no doubt it would look terrific from a visual perspective but I have to echo the sentiment on the setting. Vice City was one of my favourites growing but going back to that feels like a missed trick. I also don’t agree that GTA only works with Us culture. The things it mocks aren’t US centric but modern human life centric. But it’s fine - they feel it’s part of their brand / understanding and that’s also cool.

Like I said before, the main thing I’m keen on seeing is whether the gameplay becomes fun again (relative to the current times). Hope they listen to that specific feedback many had on previous titles.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm so welcoming to a bonnie and clyde like story in GTA's world. Going to be so badass.

hobbers

I like the theory of a Bonnie and Clyde sort of story, but not a fan of what'll doubtless be endless character switching mid mission.

The fact Franklin, Michael and Trevor all had their own arcs and stories and supporting casts was a good part of GTA5. Thats not going to be the same with 2 characters who are together.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Can't wait, looks great.

They're not gonna have co-op for the story are they? If so that would be epic.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Not much actually revealed in that trailer. I'd agree it looks like a Bonnie and Clyde type story, but hopefully its more of the case you select one at the start and largely play as them. I'm never a fan of random switches between character inside missions. I've always preferred to have one consistent character that I view as me in games

FriedClams

Not much actually revealed in that trailer. I'd agree it looks like a Bonnie and Clyde type story, but hopefully its more of the case you select one at the start and largely play as them. I'm never a fan of random switches between character inside missions. I've always preferred to have one consistent character that I view as me in games
that’s what the online is for (assuming you play online)

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
that’s what the online is for (assuming you play online)
I did ages ago, but only because friends were. Though I didn't really mean me and in actually me, more as in my perspective/input to the story. I've always preferred to have a consistent character that I play.

FriedClams

I did ages ago, but only because friends were. Though I didn't really mean me and in actually me, more as in my perspective/input to the story. I've always preferred to have a consistent character that I play.
Got ya :)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A complex and well written relationship would be an interesting narrative angle for a GTA game and throw more weight to story beats given you play as characters who feel strongly about one another

It seems social media will be a big factor in this - as every shot here is on SM or towards a camera. Really hope that and the whole zany Florida culture doesn’t become a caricature - I mean it can but I think it’s also a low hanging fruit of satire / comedy to milk that.

The lead’s models look quite bland to me. Then again so did Arthur Morgan to me in the initial trailers. And look how that turned out.

Also see people stoked about the final shot of them robbing a store. And that to me is the most bland one as it’s basically every main mission of RdR2.

At the end of the day, for me personally , whatever else they do or don’t do, the gameplay changes or lack thereof will be the key factor. If the game plays like past titles with minor strides then this isn’t what I want at all. If they make the kind of leap Naughty Dog did with their gameplay in TLOU2 then bring it on.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Think it looks absolutely incredible but surprised and disappointed by the 2025 date. Thought it would be late 2024 at the absolute latest.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Had a feeling it would be 2025/26.

If I remember correctly in 2013 when V was released, it was as early as January of the year when the release date was pushed back?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Had a feeling it would be 2025/26.

If I remember correctly in 2013 when V was released, it was as early as January of the year when the release date was pushed back?
True - had they said it was coming in 2024 it prob would have been delayed until 2025 anyway!

TheLiverBird

I’m not really sure why anyone can be disappointed tbh

Well, the only real disappointment is that it doesn’t reveal much

Other than not revealing much, I’ve seen folks say it looks disappointing…..how? I saw incredible…..utterly stunning graphics and awesome crowd density

I’m looking forward too it even if it is abit of a long wait

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I’m not really sure why anyone can be disappointed tbh

Well, the only real disappointment is that it doesn’t reveal much

Other than not revealing much, I’ve seen folks say it looks disappointing…..how? I saw incredible…..utterly stunning graphics and awesome crowd density

I’m looking forward too it even if it is abit of a long wait
I think it looks stunning! The world looks busy, vibrant and real and I can’t wait to explore it!

I just wish it was arriving sooner!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So the trailer didn't show any actual in game footage!?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It was in game footage - it wasn’t rendered outside of the game engine.
It was cut scenes, yes the graphical engine is the same but it was just cinematic footage,