Granit "The Hacker" Xhaka | Likes his reds

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm just not sure he was what you needed in the midfield. He can pass a ball but so can most of your players. He's not a creative genius and lacks drive and energy. Other than being tidy I don't see much else or the potential for any more.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His range of passing is quite impressive (when he has time on the ball), but the game can bypass him a bit easy.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
For a player that is trusted with the key to his parents house ahead of his older brother he sure does shy away from responsibility a lot.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I actually thought he'd give them the much needed steel/tough-man mentality but he just seems to be a, yet another one alongside Elneny, below-the-needed-level-player.

TheReligion

Abusive
For a player that is trusted with the key to his parents house ahead of his older brother he sure does shy away from responsibility a lot.
He's a boring cnut that's why they give him the key. Granit would get a strop on if the key was left under the doormat whilst Taulant went out on a sesh with the Benders.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Didn't think he would struggle this much... Still think he will come good when fully adapted.

Xhaka and Coquelin as a partnership is unbalanced though. They are both holding midfielders, just different type of holding midfielders.

Wenger should put Elneny or Ramsey next to Xhaka, let Xhaka focus on dictating play from deep. When Cazorla is back, they should play a three with Xhaka as the pivot and Cazorla + Elneny/Ramsey in front of him. Ozil should probably be dropped, he disappears too often.

Fridge chutney

It's too early to make a judgement on him. He's a technically a good player. Young, can impact a match. His ceiling is higher than he's currently showing.

That said, he's looked poor recently.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Probably not :lol: Don't know, whoscored has different figures, but I guess all sites count them differently.

Edit: True according to Squawka.
IIRC Whoscored.com has total tackles attempted whereas Squawka gives both tackles attempted and tackles won. Might be wrong though.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
IIRC Whoscored.com has total tackles attempted whereas Squawka gives both tackles attempted and tackles won. Might be wrong though.
It says ”Total tackles” in the column (whoscored) but under the numbers it says ”Total tackles: Tackles won”.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I think both him and Elneny are a bit short of top class, yeah. They move the ball so slowly.

Xhaka's got a nice through ball on him, but he so often slows the play down or takes half a second too long to release the ball.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Sometimes I wonder how low standards are these days or if most people actually watch a football game. I watched every Switzerland match in the Euros and he was just meh/decent but nothing special or brilliant yet people were raving about him.

prath92

What's his strength?

Seems like his defensive contribution is crap, his attacking creativity isn't great either. Is he just a good passer?

NinjaFletch

Sometimes I wonder how low standards are these days or if most people actually watch a football game. I watched every Switzerland match in the Euros and he was just meh/decent but nothing special or brilliant yet people were raving about him.
Easy.

They don't.

ottosec

Reading the Caf before he signed for Arsenal, I was under the impression that this guy is a combination of Scholes and Keane..