Grealish & Kane in Pogba & Martial out

croadyman

Yeah it really depended on Pogba. I rate Grealish higher than Sancho but one is desperately needed as our RW has been non existent for 7 years and one is not needed at all.
Yeah so do I but the need at RW is huge and lets face it we haven't have any trickery and creativity there since Nani

432JuanMata

Yeah so do I but the need at RW is huge and lets face it we haven't have any trickery and creativity there since Nani
It would be the most United thing to do over the last few years if we signed Grealish and didn’t get a RW. We have everyone playing there yet nobody is good enough/comfortable doing it. It also makes AWB worse as he hasn’t got anyone helping him which makes his average attacking game stand out more.
Shows how far we have fallen when Nani was criticised for being inconsistent and he in his prime would be our best winger by a mile now.

Irrational.

Grealish is one of those players you make space for. Whether you need him or not. Like when we signed Tevez - most people queried whether we needed him since we already had Rooney, and both were thought to be too similar. We ended up winning the PL and CL that season. Players like Grealish are just pure footballers and will do a great job and lift the level of the team no matter where they’re played.

432JuanMata

Grealish is one of those players you make space for. Whether you need him or not. Like when we signed Tevez - most people queried whether we needed him since we already had Rooney, and both were thought to be too similar. We ended up winning the PL and CL that season. Players like Grealish are just pure footballers and will do a great job and lift the level of the team no matter where they’re played.
See that’s all well and good but the difference between Tevez and Grealish is we had. Vida/Rio at the back, Carrick and Scholes in MF. Going forward we have Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney. We have glaring weaknesses in our squad these days if we signed Grealish and didn’t get a RW and CDM we wouldn’t be much better regardless how Grealish performs

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Grealish would fit in so well with us, can play him on left and he can play centrally when Bruno needs a rest, I think I’d only go for grealish though if pogba leaves unless we drop pogba down to CM, grealish LW, Bruno AM sancho RW rashford upfront.

croadyman

Grealish would fit in so well with us, can play him on left and he can play centrally when Bruno needs a rest, I think I’d only go for grealish though if pogba leaves unless we drop pogba down to CM, grealish LW, Bruno AM sancho RW rashford upfront.
Ideal world is next summer we have had that CB, CDM & RW in place for a season and are able to focus on Haaland (fully expect City to get Kane over the line) & Grealish which means we are recruiting in a position of strength again for the first time in years

Last edited:

Irrational.

See that’s all well and good but the difference between Tevez and Grealish is we had. Vida/Rio at the back, Carrick and Scholes in MF. Going forward we have Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney. We have glaring weaknesses in our squad these days if we signed Grealish and didn’t get a RW and CDM we wouldn’t be much better regardless how Grealish performs
Of course he wouldn’t be a signing in isolation. I just think about the dropped points to Sheffield, WBA, Leeds, Everton, Fulham and other trash like Palace, and I’m sure having a player of the calibre of Grealish would’ve turned those into wins. He’s excellent at holding onto the ball and his decision making in the final third is spot on.

Grealish and a couple of defensive signings and I feel we’d probably put up a much better challenge for the league. Sancho would also be the icing on the cake but if Dortmund are being nobs again we could walk away and still be pretty happy if we secured Grealish.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Many forget Rashford's performances this season have been very below par and his attitude has to be questioned...not signing Grealish because we have Rashford is a poor get out.

Rashford for me is better as a centre forward, not a winger or a self imposed standing playmaker
Rashford needs competition to improve. Grealish should be signed if available.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
With the prohibitive cost of top talent I think player swaps may be the go-to, going forward.

Obviously some money still needs to exchange hands and salaries need to be worked out. But I'd gladly exchange Martial and a few others for Kane, for example.

Infra-red

Grealish is a lot better than Pogba on the left and Kane is a lot better than Martial through the middle. It would strengthen us, but it would also surely be prohibitively expensive.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Who wouldn't take grealish right now ?

We need a player who can run past or dribble through a defender.

Luke1995

I don't want Pogba to go but feel like Martial days are numbered at United. Can't see him getting ahead of Rashford or Greenwood in the pecking order.

With that in mind, him and Kane are different players, Martial is more of a wide player than a CF.

croadyman

Who wouldn't take grealish right now ?

We need a player who can run past or dribble through a defender.
I know its probably not a popular view but would still take him over Sancho despite him not suiting that RW

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I like Pogba so so much, but yeah, I’d swap him for Grealish, he’d suit the side so much more.
Pogba always seems like he's just along for the ride, if the team is going well so is he, if not, he kind of disappears. Graelish is a competitive bastard that shows up whether the rest of his team does or not.

croadyman

Pogba always seems like he's just along for the ride, if the team is going well so is he, if not, he kind of disappears. Graelish is a competitive bastard that shows up whether the rest of his team does or not.
Yeah leader on the pitch no doubt about it whatsoever

copen1945

The loss against Villareal probably closes the Kane saga. Hopefully, the Americans won't be shy about spending money. Solskjaer needs tools, equal to those at City. Grealish seems what is needed, for creativity and mentality.

Bwuk

Yesterday highlighted the need for someone like Grealish, who can dribble past a player and create space.

croadyman

Yesterday highlighted the need for someone like Grealish, who can dribble past a player and create space.
So wish our board would listen to the players on this one if there was any truth in them pushing for that deal

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair. I consider it as a big upgrade, and it means we will have the best attack in PL or may be in Europe.

Marcus

Terrifying prospect to say the least
Wow. Kane is a done deal (he is guaranteed trophies at City). Grealish as well? Unless the squad gets massively unbalanced, I think second is all we can hope for again next couple of seaaons.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Wow. Kane is a done deal (he is guaranteed trophies at City). Grealish as well? Unless the squad gets massively unbalanced, I think second is all we can hope for again next couple of seaaons.
Sterling, Foden, Mahrez, Torres, and also Silva can play wide not sure why they need Grealish. I feel like after signing Kane they should just focus on signing a midfield for Gundogan and Fernandinho alternative just in case as both are 31 and 36 respectively.

ForeverRed1

City getting the players that would of always been united type players :( grealish and kane both such united players

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
they aren't getting Grealish, this is typically tablot with other clubs interested either Villa are trying to keep clubs away knowing City involvement or they just trying to bring up the price. He's a good player but he won't bring much to City that they don't already have and they won't pay that 100m since it's not something they need. I remember City were linked to Aouar for like 2-3 season and nothing happened probably the same with this.

Zlatattack

Grealish just liked a tweet asking him to join Manchester United.

-Supreme-

Pogba will surely be leaving the summer if he joins, let's hope so anyway!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Problem is Grealish plays either as a LW or CAM, exactly where our two best performers play. I would love him here, but I dont see how we can squeeze him in the same XI with Rashford and Bruno.
Grealish is also a fantastic 8. Also, Grealish is a player that can do what he does on either side of the pitch.I've seen him drift into the right side of the pitch a lot and still maintain his impact on a game. Even as a false 9 he's done well.
I think the decision would be less clear cut if Grealish had played on the RW for Villa more than just a cameo against Palace this season, personally I think it's a case of Jadon's pace and trickery on the right versus Jack's close control and ability to beat players on the left.
I get that, but Grealish's qualities on the ball allow him to play well all across the pitch. He may not be a natural, but he'd still be a better option in the first 11 because Grealish has the qualities we need more of.
No he isn't. Not on the RW where both creativity and pace are needed. He is not better then Bruno for the 10 either and on the left we have Rashford and occasionally Pogba.

Grealish is just not needed. Don't get the constant media links.
He's better than Bruno, Rashford and Pogba.

On the right, he'd still offer a better balance to the team because we're more in need of his qualities than Sancho's. Jadon only has being a bigger goal threat than Jack. Grealish is more press resistant, more of a leader, a better creator, a better dribbler, and we need those qualities more than another goal threat.
In fairness, Grealish was playing in the Championship and scoring 3-5 goals a season at the same age.
Grealish isn't really a goalscorer, though. He's the player who dictates a game and creates, which is the type of player I think we need more. Cavani, Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood have the goal threat covered. Goals from Grealish are just a nice bonus.

Mylock

Grealish would be ideal as he's perfect against the press and would help to break down the low block. In saying that I can't seeing us going for him unless pogba leave. He's a joy to watch.
I not sure we should go after Kane as Greenwood is starting to flourish. Greenwood will be in and out of the no9 role next season and take it over for 2022.