Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Is that not just considered, well, dribbling? :lol:
Dribbling is the process of going past opponents. Ball carrying is generally referring to moving with the ball into space.

It’s a silly distinction but valid I guess.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I know they do, and I thought, wrongly, that others would have the intelligence to read between the lines.

But for arguments sake, you wouldn’t find a player like Lingard, for example, being paid by City what Utd have paid him.

Their wage structure isn’t as much of a laughable clusterf**k as the one that emerged at Utd under Woodward, is it?
Ake probably earns what Jesse does. Shit, he probably earns what Lindelof does. City overpay everyone, it’s just done quietly as nobody gives a Fcuk about them.

tomaldinho1

Surely we can cobble up £50m plus Lingard & Axel (who they love) and scupper this?

marktan

Surely we can cobble up £50m plus Lingard & Axel (who they love) and scupper this?
You know it's not even a bad shout. Villa don't really need the cash, whereas both of those players help them. I'm sure they'd love to sell somewhere other than City given they also signed 2 of their previous captains in Barry and Delph.

Won't happen though because we need to sell to sign anyone else. If we were really serious we'd go for it with the intention to offload Pogba to PSG. Would instantly take us from likely trailing City by some margin to title contenders.

McTerminator

The thing is, the City squad is so strong that it is no insult to Grealish to say that he doesn’t improve them that much.

the lower your starting point, the easier it is to improve.

On that basis, our signings improve us far more than this signing improves City.

Panic not. The gap is getting smaller, you can quote me.

bosskeano

oh you know Pep is fuking pissed knowing they just spent 100m on Grealish only for Messi the next day to announce he's leaving on a free this summer from Barca

laughtersassassin

fecking hell. What a signing to an already stacked team.

If anyone managed to pip City to the CL or Prem then fair fecks to them because no one should be beating these over a season or tournament

bosskeano

No way fuking City were going to let United steal the summer thunder when we signed Sancho and Varane thus they over pay for Grealish at a position that is already well stocked

joso157

The thing is, the City squad is so strong that it is no insult to Grealish to say that he doesn’t improve them that much.

the lower your starting point, the easier it is to improve.

On that basis, our signings improve us far more than this signing improves City.

Panic not. The gap is getting smaller, you can quote me.
Would have to agree with that, no doubting he's a quality player that villa will probably get relegated without, but better than all their other first choice options???...

RUCK4444

Must be devastated as a United fan to go and join City
You know there is an element of this deep down in Jacks mind, no matter how small, who you support as a kid growing up is the purest of football things, it never leaves you.

Enjoy the plastic imitation Jack.

Can7onA

Ridiculous fee but I can't help thinking they have bought an absolute diamond :mad:

lsd

The Oracle
You know there is an element of this deep down in Jacks mind, no matter how small, who you support as a kid growing up is the purest of football things, it never leaves you.

Enjoy the plastic imitation Jack.

But he says it's his dream come true

Water Melon

Grealish to City, Messi to PSG, Mbappe to Real it seems. Pogba is likely to stay at United for now.

Wheato

On the plus side, they just spunked 100 million on Grealish, and an hour later Messi is available on the market.

LARF!!!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The PL's first ever 100m player and that record could conceivably be broken twice more in this transfer window.

FatTails

On the plus side, they just spunked 100 million on Grealish, and an hour later Messi is available on the market.

LARF!!!
I don’t think City would have known about the Messi news at the same time as the rest of us. Messi’s agents has probably been talking to them and PSG while the contract stuff dragged on.

RedDevil@84

City Medical Team: Paging for Grealish. We have some additional tests to run. Please report immediately.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Thread close!

Please discuss in the new thread created in the football forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.