Grealish To City? | City bid £100M

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

Very frightened if City can get him. Under Pep's tutelage, Grealish can become something truly special. He will destroy the opposition with his guile and skill.
you mean he'd get even better at drawing fouls and throwing himself to the ground?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sign Grealish and Kane, and they win the league again.
Theyre favorites anyway. But if United fix the midfield then I think we'd have as good a squad as anyone regardless of them getting Grealish and Kane. They need some runners in behind, which none of them are.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Relax, they can still only field 11 players. As if they don't have enough quality already.

Is Grealish actually an upgrade on Sterling or Mahrez ? I have seen peak Aguero with City. Just not bothered about Kane.

Wheato

I love Grealish, but with Bruno already in our team, and Pogba as well, I don't think we need another playmaker. Bruno's stats for goals and assists are insane. Will Grealish fare any better, I doubt it. We need a proper central defensive midfielder like Neves, Ndidi, Bissouma, Niguez. If we can secure any of them, I think we'll be right up there at the end of the season.

copen1945

City will now have two United fans in their midst, Sterling and Grealish. Both are about the same age, and they probably became enamored with United during the height of Ronaldo and Rooney. Hopefully, the current young core at United will beget a new legion.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
My hope is that Grealish and Pep are a match made in hell, Grealish doesn't take instructions, holds onto the ball too long, gets in De Bruyne's way and it's all a very expensive mistake

Suedesi

I must admit I haven't seen much of Villa, so I'm not sure where the 100m quid talk comes from - reminds me a bit of Bellotti at Torino when they were demanding 100MM Euros from potential suitors the season we bought Lukaku and Chelsea got Morata

Generational talent - you're having a laugh

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Finally have their replacement for David Silva. Not as good but still a great player.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
you mean he'd get even better at drawing fouls and throwing himself to the ground?
As we all know he created the 2nd most chances per 90 in the league all from the ground. If he stayed on his feet, watch out Ronaldinho, for real this time!

Jibbs

My hope is that Grealish and Pep are a match made in hell, Grealish doesn't take instructions, holds onto the ball too long, gets in De Bruyne's way and it's all a very expensive mistake
It's Pep we are talking about not Ole. He is a master tactician.

cyberman

Yeah. He’s never had a high profile big money signing not work out due to it not fitting his style. In other news what’s Zlatan up to these days?
I hear he and Sancho have disappeared from the game ever since..

Suedesi

Finally have their replacement for David Silva. Not as good but still a great player.
Is he such a significant upgrade over Sterling, Gundogan, Foden or even Bernardo? City have all these midfielders creating chances and no number 9 to put them away.

Frankly, I'd love it if they spunk most of their budget on Grealish and Levy tells them to feck off when they try for Kane.

reddev3

He will be incredible there, the amount of clear cut chances he created that were spurned by his team mates last year was criminal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is he such a significant upgrade over Sterling, Gundogan, Foden or even Bernardo? City have all these midfielders creating chances and no number 9 to put them away.

Frankly, I'd love it if they spunk most of their budget on Grealish and Levy tells them to feck off when they try for Kane.
I have no idea tbh. If he's as good as Bernardo in the 18/19 season, they would feel it is money well spent.

Cloud7

Under Pep I think Graelish will become an Iniesta type of player. Adept at dribbling and going past players when needed, but equally as good at moving the ball quickly, playing good passes and controlling the midfield, and popping up with some quality goals.

Suedesi

Under Pep I think Graelish will become an Iniesta type of player. Adept at dribbling and going past players when needed, but equally as good at moving the ball quickly, playing good passes and controlling the midfield, and popping up with some quality goals.
Sorry but what :lol: :lol: :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's Pep we are talking about not Ole. He is a master tactician.
Much to his detriment.
A master tactician who is still trying to get his head around beating McFred and Dan James.
Yeah. He’s never had a high profile big money signing not work out due to it not fitting his style. In other news what’s Zlatan up to these days?
I hear he and Sancho have disappeared from the game ever since..
well that backfired eh @Jibbs :lol::lol::lol:

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
Sorry but what :lol: :lol: :lol:
I remember Gabby Agbonlahor getting slaughtered last year for saying something similar. It's just a stylistic comparison, a hypothetical one at that. He played in that role for us in the past too, so it's not out of the question.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I must admit I haven't seen much of Villa, so I'm not sure where the 100m quid talk comes from - reminds me a bit of Bellotti at Torino when they were demanding 100MM Euros from potential suitors the season we bought Lukaku and Chelsea got Morata

Villa's owners are absolutely loaded so don't need the money, hence the high price. Bit similar to Leicester City wanting 80m for Maguire.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa

You say that with such confidence in the same post where you admit you haven't seen much of Villa. Appreciate the honesty at least.

dal

I know Kane is brilliant but I just think Grealish makes them unplayable.

You can’t get the ball of him it’s so hard and then you have Gundogan, de Bruyne, Sterling and Kane and Mahrez to deal with.

They are strong but they won’t win it for the next 5 on the trot even if they get them.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I see this thread is always near the top of the main page but never really see any progress? Is he joining them or is this thread more a grealish discussion thread? Can’t be bothered to go trawling pages back

Withnail

I remember Gabby Agbonlahor getting slaughtered last year for saying something similar. It's just a stylistic comparison, a hypothetical one at that. He played in that role for us in the past too, so it's not out of the question.
If City get him they'll play him centrally. As far as I'm aware that's where he wants to play and they've loads of wide players.

Withnail

I see this thread is always near the top of the main page but never really see any progress? Is he joining them or is this thread more a grealish discussion thread? Can’t be bothered to go trawling pages back
It's been reported that City are talking to Grealish. The word 'advanced' has been used.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I know Kane is brilliant but I just think Grealish makes them unplayable.

You can’t get the ball of him it’s so hard and then you have Gundogan, de Bruyne, Sterling and Kane and Mahrez to deal with.

They are strong but they won’t win it for the next 5 on the trot even if they get them.
They will need Kane more than Grelish. I doubt if they will get both.

Jibbs

A master tactician who is still trying to get his head around beating McFred and Dan James.
The fanboys of PT teacher will now compare him to probably the best manager of last 20 years.
Football fans are known to be blind followers, so nothing surprising here.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He is underrated just like VVD was at Southampton. People are naturally sceptical of a 25-26 year old who hasnt played for a big club.

I think Grealish will show himself to be one of the best players in the PL if he gets a move to City or other CL team.

Revan

Assumptionman
At this stage I am convinced that people are taking the piss.

‘Generational talent’, ‘modern day Ronaldinho’, ‘Iniesta’ and ‘he will play as No.9 and will cause every match at least 2 CBs to get sent off’.

Are we sure we are talking about Grealish? For a moment I thought that Pelé was cloned and gene edited.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I still remember Grealish coming on against Germany when the game was still 0-0 and the commentator says "here comes Grealish, he truly is the man of these moments" and then I remembered that he'd never even been in a moment like that before :lol:

I think he is a really good player and will contribute to where ever he goes but my god is he one overhyped dude. The pressure on him will be immense.

galwayfa

Sancho and grealish, could be the biggest money transfers in world football this season and both never a starter for England ,

Status
Not open for further replies.