Television Great British Bake Off | 11th March: Matt Lucas announced as new host

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Meh he only got to the final because of the pity vote from Hollywood and likely the needing a man there situation.

Still, none of them didn't amazingly well in the final. I thought the challenges were shit though.

Oggmonster

Kim Joys showstopper looked massively simple compared to the other two, and didn't look or taste as good either

Would have been bizarre if she had won
It was definitely the most simple but she did do better on other 2 challenge and they kind of dismissed it as it was nothkng. None of the show stoppers were good for me they all just looked really bad

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It was a bit of a shit final. The challenges were crap.

Rahul deserved it on the night even though I find him pretty insufferable. I'd much prefer to see Ruby on TV every week, obviously.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Expected after the bollocks decision the other week. Bit of an eye roll final frankly.

Good to see how close they all were this year. Good atmosphere.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It was definitely the most simple but she did do better on other 2 challenge and they kind of dismissed it as it was nothkng. None of the show stoppers were good for me they all just looked really bad
They did say she was only slightly ahead on both - especially on the technical.

Zlatattack

Matt Lucas?! Every time i watch it i'm going to assume it's a Little Britain spoof of bakeoff.

Coxy

Shame, I really liked Sandi.
Each to their own - personally always felt she was a let down. Just didn't have the energy for me that Mel and Sue had. Whereas Noel was very funny and endearing with the bakers

Looking forward to Matt - this could be a really good pairing.

lsd

The Oracle
Matt should be good mind you Jenny from last night's show would have been a good replacement for Sandi too .

So long as Tory Rachel didn't get it

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I like Sandi and Noel and think the show needs that Sandi vibe. But I also like Matt Lucas and him and Noel could be great.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Matt Lucas is the best thing to ever happen to this show, him and Noel are brilliant together. I can't believe they gave Paul Hollywood a gammy little Jeremy Beadle wanking claw in this week's intro.

Usually only watch the SU4C edition but I'm fully into the regular show this year.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Matt Lucas is the best thing to ever happen to this show, him and Noel are brilliant together. I can't believe they gave Paul Hollywood a gammy little Jeremy Beadle wanking claw in this week's intro.

Usually only watch the SU4C edition but I'm fully into the regular show this year.
Yeah, Matt and Noel are a great combination. Noel seems much more comfortable - and happier - to not be the only source of humour. Works really well having no straight act.

Acole9

Outstanding
Really enjoyed the series so far, could potentially be the best for a few years.

lsd

The Oracle
Really enjoyed the series so far, could potentially be the best for a few years.

Matt and Noel are good but the standard of the baking is really poor this year so far

Acole9

Outstanding
Matt and Noel are good but the standard of the baking is really poor this year so far
I think the standard has dropped off but there's just something a bit more enjoyable about this year, I can't put my finger on it. The last couple of series I thought the programme had perhaps run its course.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
No. Sometimes they bake bread.
Hmmm. And that is it?

I'm probably the wrong audience anyway as a) I can't stand cooking shows and b) I don't like cake. I just hope this doesn't take off here. Free to air TV content is increasingly the equivalent of lopping off the top of your head, removing your brain, beating it with with a meat tenderiser, replacing it with what remains and gaffer taping the top of your skull back on.

lsd

The Oracle
Hmmm. And that is it?

I'm probably the wrong audience anyway as a) I can't stand cooking shows and b) I don't like cake. I just hope this doesn't take off here. Free to air TV content is increasingly the equivalent of lopping off the top of your head, removing your brain, beating it with with a meat tenderiser, replacing it with what remains and gaffer taping the top of your skull back on.

I think what makes it is the competition element where you have two experts one of whom is clearly a mad man make a group of amateurs in full view of each other bake something totally ridiculous in a couple of hours while Noel Fielding runs around them being Noel Fielding .

All to have their efforts harshly judged in the hope that the mad man will offer them a handshake while tearing their work apart so he can nibble a bit of the end of it and go "told you you needed more time "

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I think what makes it is the competition element where you have two experts one of whom is clearly a mad man make a group of amateurs in full view of each other bake something totally ridiculous in a couple of hours while Noel Fielding runs around them being Noel Fielding .

All to have their efforts harshly judged in the hope that the mad man will offer them a handshake while tearing their work apart so he can nibble a bit of the end of it and go "told you you needed more time "
Is Noel Fielding the (most) annoying one in the IT Crowd? Him and baking doesn't seem a natural marriage.

lsd

The Oracle
Is Noel Fielding the (most) annoying one in the IT Crowd? Him and baking doesn't seem a natural marriage.

Thats him though he is quite funny in real life and i think thats what makes it work . He has little interest in baking or eating anything it would appear . Him and Matt are there to basically interact with the contestants during the tasks keep things light and have no input in the judging

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Thats him though he is quite funny in real life and i think thats what makes it work . He has little interest in baking or eating anything it would appear . Him and Matt are there to basically interact with the contestants during the tasks keep things light and have no input in the judging
Fair enough. I've never seen him in anything else I don't think.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The Mighty Boosh is Fielding's greatest work. It was a great show.
I never saw it and every time I think about watching it I read about it and it sounds terrible. Given that most on here think it is good or great I should give it a go.

Classical Mechanic

I never saw it and every time I think about watching it I read about it and it sounds terrible. Given that most on here think it is good or great I should give it a go.
Some of the Episodes are genius and it's a great cast with Julian Barrett and Matt Berry. It's surrealist humour though so it won't land for everyone.