Greenwood and Foden kicked out of England squad for bringing girls into hotel room

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hope Ole reacts to this the way Fergie would have

this kid could be one of the best but a poor attitude or decision making off the pitch could hamper his progress

mistakes are normal but lets hope he's more Rooney than Ravel
If I'm not mistaken the girls were around his age, so he isn't like Rooney.

Posh Red

Hope Ole reacts to this the way Fergie would have

this kid could be one of the best but a poor attitude or decision making off the pitch could hamper his progress

mistakes are normal but lets hope he's more Rooney than Ravel
We had another number eleven that made foolish decisions in his private life, but was ironically a great professional in terms of his dedication to the game.

Like you say, hopefully he follows the right path.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
At least he’s not noncing or shagging grannies.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Some of the replies in this thread really do show how many men are controlled by their penises.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Any other time and it would be a bit unprofessional but not really a big deal. During a pandemic when there are clear rules, its fecking braindead.

The sense of entitlement from some footballers... as though it isnt enough that they are getting paid obscene amounts of money to kick a ball around, have their pick of women etc.. and they cant even keep it in their pants for a few days while on international duty? For their first ever senior England callups no less? Makes you wonder.

Rolaholic

Some of the replies in this thread really do show how many men are controlled by their penises.
You don't have to look at this thread to figure that out, everyday life is filled with an abundance of proof of that :lol:

Wars have been fought and great men throughout history have made impactful decisions under the guidance of their penis

Last edited:

Lelouch geass

England will not win a major trophy anyway soon. Southgate just pretending to do his job. Any team above quality he has barely beaten.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Dunno what’s annoying me more, Greenwood behaving like a tit or the way he’s being patronised in this thread by people who seem to think he couldn’t possibly know better because he’s “just a kid”. My 11 year old has a pretty good grasp of what rules are important and would know when he’s breaking them. I’d like to think that Mason - at aged 18 - would be similarly competent.
Also really annoying is the casual misogyny, especially from many of newbies. Is that what we really want on here?

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Makes me question his intelligence.
I Somewhat could understand this If he already was an integral part of the England team, but to do this at your first call up is beyond stupid. Talk about giving a coach a terrible first impression.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I’m not going through the thread naming and shaming but I read plenty of posts along the lines of “kids will be kids”. He’s a grown adult who’s behaved like an unprofessional idiot. And it’s obviously a worry if any member of our squad has a tendency to behave like an unprofessional idiot.
Psychologically, he's still very much in his adolescence. It's why people do a lot of stupid shit in their late teens. It's why they experiment with drugs, drink too much and have basically no sleep patterns. They understand it's not the smart thing to do, but they do it anyway. I'm sure you can relate to that. You likely would have done things that, if brought to light, you would lose your job over.

In the grand scheme of things it's a mistake and nothing more. It's an experience and he'll learn from it. No need to lambast him. Kick him up the arse and remind him of his responsibility.

mu4c_20le

Also really annoying is the casual misogyny, especially from many of newbies. Is that what we really want on here?
Think you'd have an aneurysm if you were on here pre-2010 if you think thats misogyny.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It's not understandable at all, and attitudes like yours is why they behave with such idiocy. There is a global pandemic, and so many adjustments and hard work has happened to create 'biosecure conditions' to allow these players to do what they love, which is play competitive football. And yet we then get these two idiots who are willing to risk the health and safety of the entire group, just because they felt horny.

Foden and Greenwood are both 'jewel in the crown' academy graduates for their clubs, whom have been educated in every facet of being a modern day footballer in English Premier League. Lack of judgement like this simply shouldn't happen. They have self created a shitstorm around themselves, which I doubt they are emotionally equipped to handle.

I'm not sure what disciplinary measures the clubs should take, but I hope it's swift and harsh and comes from England and their clubs. Let it be a very painful lesson
Jesus wept, calm down :lol:
It was a mistake, I'm sure you've made one too.
I don't really think it deserves much in the way of punishment really.
They broke a rule, its not like they got into a fight abroad with police officers is it... :nervous:

ghagua

Any other time and it would be a bit unprofessional but not really a big deal. During a pandemic when there are clear rules, its fecking braindead.

The sense of entitlement from some footballers... as though it isnt enough that they are getting paid obscene amounts of money to kick a ball around, have their pick of women etc.. and they cant even keep it in their pants for a few days while on international duty? For their first ever senior England callups no less? Makes you wonder.
Totally agree! Any other time, it would be stupid. But in this current situation, and with their first calls up to the international squad, this is just beyond unbelievable.

Moiraine

On a serious note, does that mean that under Covid-19, footballers can’t even initiate a relationship? Those who are single, should spend their lives as single for the rest of unforeseen future?

Can we keep treating them like robots under Covid-19? Is it not a natural requirement of a human being to be with a partner?

I think footballers will soon get sick of living in that biological bubble and there will be more incidents like that in the future.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
On a serious note, does that mean that under Covid-19, footballers can’t even initiate a relationship? Those who are single, should spend their lives as single for the rest of unforeseen future?

Can we keep treating them like robots under Covid-19? Is it not a natural requirement of a human being to be with a partner?

I think footballers will soon get sick of living in that biological bubble and there will be more incidents like that in the future.
No, when you're in England you follow the rules of the country (and currently people can meet someone from another household)

NotThatSoph

And looking at their joined date many of them can't be kids, either. Imagine being someone like that. "It's Icelandic pussy guys! Right! Right? Pussy!"

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He really should be a bit smarter than that. Bit disappointing, especially on the first call up. Hope it is a lesson

Icemav

He really should be a bit smarter than that. Bit disappointing, especially on the first call up. Hope it is a lesson
Shame he didn't get away with it. Top smarts and top totty too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They broke a rule, its not like they got into a fight abroad with police officers is it... :nervous:
Not on international work duty during a pandemic. No I haven't.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Totally agree! Any other time, it would be stupid. But in this current situation, and with their first calls up to the international squad, this is just beyond unbelievable.
it could have caused the entire game to be cancelled and every Single player having to isolate had they interacted with the squad.

It’s stupidity of the highest order.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Would you believe just an hour earlier this same poster accused me of being easy to fire up. :lol:

red4ever 79

The more you think about this, the more you start to realize just how unprofessional it is from the lads. Never mind their age, to be on your first senior call up and you behave like. These kids have too much too soon these days. Money stardom attention.

Club needs to get hold of Greenwood and get him to knuckle down. Wasnt he posting videos last summer with some girl in a car talking about blowies. Would be a sorry story if he lets his career get sidetracked

mu4c_20le

The more you think about this, the more you start to realize just how unprofessional it is from the lads. Never mind their age, to be on your first senior call up and you behave like. These kids have too much too soon these days. Money stardom attention.
I don't see that tbh, I see two young lads bored out of their minds. Fair enough they should have followed the rules, but it must feel like house arrest. Doesn't scream arrogance or entitlement to me, at least based on what we've seen.

Giggsyking

Doing such a stupid thing in your first call up to the national team making your your national team manager and your club angry. It really says he is not smart. He is sure thick.

charlie C

Supports
Chelsea
Strict rules have been put into place so that international and club European football competitions can take place. All the players selected for matches will have been told the guidelines to adhere to, much like every individual has been told of the new rule book be it at work or school. We have all had to get used to the 'new' world and had our lives turned upside down. This entitled pair though think they are above the rules and quite rightly should be sanctioned by the FA and their clubs should at the very least be telling them now how they have to behave. What makes their crime worse though is the pair are from Manchester, they both are well aware of the restrictions placed on many who live in the region. I myself live in a town under stringent rules, I am not allowed to see one of my daughters at present and reluctantly abide by the rule. Its not hard to understand we are in the middle of a global pandemic, rules have been put into place to help keep us safe, especially the more vulnerable, obey the rules please so we can all return to a more normal life.