Greenwood and Foden kicked out of England squad for bringing girls into hotel room

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Well what would you say it would be? I’m not going to stand here and argue my point like a pig headed fool. If you have the statistics on how many people don’t seem to care I’d happily take them on board. From what I see and hear, 18 to 30 year old just don’t care about the pandemic. That’s my takeaway. So I don’t particularly expect Foden or Greenwood to.
Well I'm not sure there are stats for such a thing other then anecdotal. I'd agree that the age range that care the least probably would be that range... But I think its unfair to suggest that the it's almost everyone in the bracket.

As an aside, considering the England squad is entirely made up of that age range, the hotel should just have been one giant orgy.

Yes, it's a prove God doesn't exist debate. That's it.

By the way, the majority of Swedes don't care.
You’ve bored the life out of me already pal, and considering I can talk about Sweden’s Covid-19 strategy for months on end, that’s really saying something.

Trying to keep brining Sweden into this chat about Mason is utterly bizarre.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
fecking hell, there’s like 7 people with Covid in Iceland :lol:
That's not the point though. There could be zero and it wouldn't change anything.
It's about following the guidelines under which international football is allowed to be played. If everyone stopped following the guidelines we might not just have seven sick people for very long and football would have to take a break again. It's not difficult.

That's not the point though. There could be zero and it wouldn't change anything.
It's about following the guidelines under which international football is allowed to be played. If everyone stopped following the guidelines we might not just have seven sick people for very long and football would have to take a break again. It's not difficult.
Absolutely Maggie, no-one is denying he’s a giddy daft cnut.

MrBest

Learning curve for them both. They probably should have been mindful but considering they are both young, in the England squad, i put it down to ignorance. I hope Ole disciplines Greenwood but at the end of the day, life goes on and they need to learn from it. Ban them for the next few squads, then take it from there. They both are exceptionally talented, this media attention should ground them and do them good and hopefully they both learn.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well I'm not sure there are stats for such a thing other then anecdotal. I'd agree that the age range that care the least probably would be that range... But I think its unfair to suggest that the it's almost everyone in the bracket.

As an aside, considering the England squad is entirely made up of that age range, the hotel should just have been one giant orgy.
Well I said overwhelming majority based on anecdotal evidence I must admit. I see young people in my small town showing blatant disregard for masks in shops, I see pubs absolutely rammed with young people and for them life goes on as normal. It’s all just a big inconvenience to them. That’s the way that I see it.

Well can we really rule that last part out? Considering, Kyle Walker, one of the most senior players, decided to have one right in the middle of a full blown lockdown.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
it would have been more ideal had Greenwood and Foden shared their digs with more experienced individuals/pros during this period.

NotThatSoph

it would have been more ideal had Greenwood and Foden shared their digs with more experienced individuals/pros during this period.
I'm watching Police Squad right now, I bet Mason wishes he would've stuck with that as well. It wouldn't be the worst night.

Paxi

On a side note, do we have another bromance between Man City and a United player, ala Summerbee and Best?

NotThatSoph

I have utterly no idea what you post about, but evidence so far is fecking awful.
You appear to post to try and be as obnoxious as possible and you’ve been called out twice for it already this evening.
I'm having fun, and unless you're taking it too hard I imagine we'll all live.

Imagine I'm a 20-30 year old, you'll forgive me whatever I do.

Neo_Mufc

Call me an idiot but where is the opportunity for Foden and Greenwood to find girls to hook up with them on such a short notice in an entirely different country? Do girls have ways of contacting them via social media to offer themselves or are there opportunities for them to go to nightclubs?
I believe it is quite easy. You follow someone on their Instagram drop a DM and that's it.

Now with the big footballers commanding followers in the millions. Just think how many women are contacting them on a daily/weekly basis. It's awfully easy to get duped into it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well I said overwhelming majority based on anecdotal evidence I must admit. I see young people in my small town showing blatant disregard for masks in shops, I see pubs absolutely rammed with young people and for them life goes on as normal. It’s all just a big inconvenience to them. That’s the way that I see it.

Well can we really rule that last part out? Considering, Kyle Walker, one of the most senior players, decided to have one right in the middle of a full blown lockdown.
Whether or not some/many/all young people don’t give a shit about covid is irrelevant. What matters here is whether or not Mason Greenwood gives a shit about the rules he was asked to adhere while making his international debut. Which you’d like to think is a big enough deal for him to care about these rules, no matter what he thinks about covid.

The reason that all of this matters is the implications for his professionalism (and hence, future career) seeing as he was willing to break those rules, get sent home in disgrace and let down his manager and team-mates.

Neo_Mufc

I don't get why players fails to understand how quickly their mistakes can be exposed publicly.

Social Media spreads like wildfire. I don't even have Twitter, Instagram et al but I get all this stuff in my wattsapp groups without having to even lift a finger.

Long are the days where it was only the shitty papers like The Sun posting about players getting up to no good.

Paxi

Whether or not some/many/all young people don’t give a shit about covid is irrelevant. What matters here is whether or not Mason Greenwood gives a shit about the rules he was asked to adhere while making his international debut. Which you’d like to think is a big enough deal for him to care about these rules, no matter what he thinks about covid.

The reason that all of this matters is the implications for his professionalism (and hence, future career) seeing as he was willing to break those rules, get sent home in disgrace and let down his manager and team-mates.
He falls into that demographic and therefore it would be easier to have a lapse of judgment as apposed to a more mature player. Is that not a reasonable assumption?

This lapse of judgment doesn’t give me indication or cause for concern going forward. Again, if he did something like drink driving etc, I’d be very concerned but this is way overblown imo.

This lapse of judgment doesn’t give me indication or cause for concern going forward. Again, if he did something like drink driving etc, I’d be very concerned but this is way overblown imo.

Worked at What’s Cooking at 18, fun place to work. 3 of us young lads got left alone cleaning up the bar and restaurant afterwards one night as our supervisor had to go check on her Nan, now even with supervisors we’d have a drink or 3 after work, but with her gone we all went a lil mad, one lad starting giving himself a dentist chair.
She came back, saw us drunk, especially the dentist, loved us, but fired us all.
It wasn’t a worry going forward, it never happened again at another job etc, it was a well learned life lesson about responsibility as an “adult”.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He falls into that demographic and therefore it would be easier to have a lapse of judgment as apposed to a more mature player. Is that not a reasonable assumption?

You’re missing the point though. It’s not about a lapse of judgement in his private life. I’m not criticising his morals. Obviously drink driving would have been worse but there’s not many opportunities for drink driving during an away match in Iceland!

This isn’t about whether he’s a bad person. It’s about him not taking a big opportunity for him as a footballer as seriously as he should have. Which isn’t ideal, obviously.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Worked at What’s Cooking at 18, fun place to work. 3 of us young lads got left alone cleaning up the bar and restaurant afterwards one night as our supervisor had to go check on her Nan, now even with supervisors we’d have a drink or 3 after work, but with her gone we all went a lil mad, one lad starting giving himself a dentist chair.
She came back, saw us drunk, especially the dentist, loved us, but fired us all.
It wasn’t a worry going forward, it never happened again at another job etc, it was a well learned life lesson about responsibility as an “adult”.
Cool story bro.

Any examples of you letting down a team you played for because you couldn’t/wouldn’t follow basic ground rules?

Cool story bro.

Any examples of you letting down a team you played for because you couldn’t/wouldn’t follow basic ground rules?
Yup, but at 15 in Holland on tour.

I get it, Mason should have been more responsible but my point was, 18 year olds don’t always think. They do dumb shit. They learn.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yup, but at 15 in Holland on tour.

I get it, Mason should have been more responsible but my point was, 18 year old don’t always think. They do dumb shit. They learn.
Ok, yes. Hopefully he learns. He’s certainly been taught a lesson! As I said earlier, I’d rather he feck up for England than United. So a good lesson at England’s expense is no harm done really.

Foxbatt

This looks like a setup to me now. The issue is covid and on International duty. If they do it in their private time it would be nobody's business.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Pair of idiots but discipline them and move on. They are 2 of the least senior players in the squad and will learn.

Paxi

Well I know a person, who urinated on two punters in a nightclub and had he been caught he’d probably never had the career that he went on to have which reached comparably to what it’s like to play for England but only much more pressure. My story beats yours. :p

Paxi

You’re missing the point though. It’s not about a lapse of judgement in his private life. I’m not criticising his morals. Obviously drink driving would have been worse but there’s not many opportunities for drink driving during an away match in Iceland!

This isn’t about whether he’s a bad person. It’s about him not taking a big opportunity for him as a footballer as seriously as he should have. Which isn’t ideal, obviously.
It’s a lapse of judgment in his professional career. I do get the point. I just don’t think it’s such a big deal. But I do agree, that rather england than us, anyway it’s better that it’s brought to attention now as discipline can instilled.

HarryRedCrumbs

When you see the girls they got back, you can't really blame them. The force is strong...

luke511

Seems like it was Foden that put in the groundwork through his snapchat to get the girls into the hotel.

lsd

The Oracle
Seems like it was Foden that put in the groundwork through his snapchat to get the girls into the hotel.
Not sure about that according to the interview they had no idea who Foden was and she had been chatting to Greenwood before they even got to Iceland

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Wrong way around according to one of the women involved. She said she'd been chatting to Greenwood for a few days and had never heard of Foden.

Makes sense, Greenwood is far more famous. I doubt Man City's League cup games get much coverage in Iceland.

luke511

Not sure about that according to the interview they had no idea who Foden was and she had been chatting to Greenwood before they even got to Iceland
Wrong way around according to one of the women involved. She said she'd been chatting to Greenwood for a few days and had never heard of Foden.

Makes sense, Greenwood is far more famous. I doubt Man City's League cup games get much coverage in Iceland.
Fair dos, I've only seen the snapchat interactions and phonecall which makes it look like Foden's putting in the work.