Greenwood and Foden kicked out of England squad for bringing girls into hotel room

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Go, pop quiz. Find a single person in the whole world that is criticizing Daddy Greenwood for being a teenager wanting to get laid, rather than being a professional footballer unable to control himself for a single weekend, messing up one of his first chances at international football.

"Haha, remember when Iceland as a country made exceptions to their very strict pandemic rules so that we could play international football, and then we just didn't give a feck because who cares about all the dead people?"

No, me and my friends managed to do absolute braindead stuff without messing stuff up for other people, thank you. And the thing is, it's not like what Daddy did is so appalling, either. It's just really stupid, but even pointing that out is too much for some.
See the word professional, that doesn’t actually mean smart. He just happens to be a very, very supreme athlete and equally good at kicking the ball. You all getting on like this is the first time footballers have did some really dumb shit.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’m worried about Greenwood’s attitude I haven’t seen a talent like his since Rooney. I feel like he’s being tainted by the likes of Lingard and Brandon Williams. Players that will never be top top quality but enjoy the lifestyle. Greenwood has the potential to be a superstar I just really hope he doesn’t throw it away because of his off the field antics.
Huh?

jungledrums

No, I think you’ll find that I find that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with him looking some action at his age. Seeing as I was exactly the same around the same age bracket. I’m not sure what’s so bad about guys reminiscing about getting up to questionable behaviour in their formative years and having a laugh about it?
Ordinarily I’d agree, but it’s a bit daft to do during a pandemic.

jungledrums

Go, pop quiz. Find a single person in the whole world that is criticizing Daddy Greenwood for being a teenager wanting to get laid, rather than being a professional footballer unable to control himself for a single weekend, messing up one of his first chances at international football.

"Haha, remember when Iceland as a country made exceptions to their very strict pandemic rules so that we could play international football, and then we just didn't give a feck because who cares about all the dead people?"

No, me and my friends managed to do absolute braindead stuff without messing stuff up for other people, thank you. And the thing is, it's not like what Daddy did is so appalling, either. It's just really stupid, but even pointing that out is too much for some.
Christ. Whether or not you’re right, you come across incredibly aggressive and obnoxious.

Edit: glaston territory lunacy in bold...

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Foden has some explaining to do but I can guarantee you Greenwood is probably getting ribbed by all his teammates in the group chat. I severely doubt he cares as much and he shouldn’t.
Sweet Jesus. You’ve all lost the plot. What explaining does Foden have to do? This isn’t about the sodding sex. Why are people not getting this!? It’s about not obeying team fecking rules. If they’d gone out and played bloody ping pong the issue would be the same.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He’s been kicked off football duty for one game. He’s getting made fun of on twitter but that’s it. His career isn’t over. He’s been a dumbass like a majority of people his age.

Having fame and money doesn’t make a person infallible to questionable decisions. I'd be much more concerned if he was out partying like Grealish and crashing his car or something. This is a nothing story and his only crime was getting caught the idiot.
To act like he doesn't care if just silly. He's playing for bloody England. Not your local pub team

Do you honestly think he wouldn't not do it again if given the chance to turn back time?

Also, the blind labeling of all 18 years, hell even the majority of 18 year olds, as total dumbasses is very odd.

NotThatSoph

See the word professional, that doesn’t actually mean smart. He just happens to be a very, very supreme athlete and equally good at kicking the ball. You all getting on like this is the first time footballers have did some really dumb shit.
Again, no. "We all" just pointing out that the guy is acting like a fecking idiot, and that is too much for your sensibilities.

NotThatSoph

Christ. Whether or not you’re right, you come across incredibly aggressive and obnoxious.

Edit: glaston territory lunacy in bold...
I try to adapt to whomever I'm responding to, so if I came across as obnoxious then I did a bang up job.

Edit to your edit: that's referring to Greenwood's last public shenanigans, it's a joke.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I found it funny how some are brushing it off as 'fit young lads away from home, no different to normal pals' even though if they really were average Joes in relationship with kids the same people would call them fecking plonkers.

Paxi

Ordinarily I’d agree, but it’s a bit daft to do during a pandemic.
Look we all know about the pandemic but you have to realise the overwhelming majority of people his age don’t give a shit about the pandemic. I see lots of young people not bothered by it at all and honestly do you expect anymore from him just cause he’s a footballer?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He’s been kicked off football duty for one game. He’s getting made fun of on twitter but that’s it. His career isn’t over. He’s been a dumbass like a majority of people his age.

Having fame and money doesn’t make a person infallible to questionable decisions. I'd be much more concerned if he was out partying like Grealish and crashing his car or something. This is a nothing story and his only crime was getting caught the idiot.
And yet the Iceland police, the FA and MUFC all disagree with you. Hmm.

might be worth you examining your moral compass.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Professional means professional. And it’s a different quality to talent. But just as important. Arguably more so.

Considering there’s a thread on the home page about our most talented homegrown youngster of the last 20 years who amounted to feck all because he lacked that precise quality, professionalism, surely you can see why a story like this would worry people?

Last edited:

Paxi

Sweet Jesus. You’ve all lost the plot. What explaining does Foden have to do? This isn’t about the sodding sex. Why are people not getting this!? It’s about not obeying team fecking rules. If they’d gone out and played bloody ping pong the issue would be the same.
Foden has a kid and a long term partner.

Professional means professional. And it’s a different quality to talent. But just as important. Arguably more so.

Considering there’s a thread on the home page about our most talented youngster of the last decade or so who amounted to feck all because he lacked that precise quality, professionalism, surely you can see why a story like this would worry people?
He’s 18 Pogue, do you even remember what 18 felt like?
Giddy young lad fecked up when an Icelandic girl wanted to come up to his room, rightfully punished and he’ll learn his lesson of course.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Look we all know about the pandemic but you have to realise the overwhelming majority of people his age don’t give a shit about the pandemic. I see lots of young people not bothered by it at all and honestly do you expect anymore from him just cause he’s a footballer?
Would love to see the evidence for this...

Paxi

Considering there’s a thread on the home page about our most talented youngster of the last decade or so who amounted to feck all because he lacked that precise quality, professionalism, surely you can see why a story like this would worry people?
He’s a professional footballer just like a soldier would also be a niche profession. Or any other professional.
He’s not a doctor, police man or a lawyer. Where obviously right judgement is paramount.

He’s not a role model or at least he shouldn’t be judged by it. I absolutely see no similarities between him and Morrison. One is a sex pest. The other was done for beating his gf and being in car with someone who had a loaded fire arm. There’s a quite a bit of difference.

sport2793

Call me an idiot but where is the opportunity for Foden and Greenwood to find girls to hook up with them on such a short notice in an entirely different country? Do girls have ways of contacting them via social media to offer themselves or are there opportunities for them to go to nightclubs?

Paxi

Would love to see the evidence for this...

Look up at the scenes at The Sanctuary in Glasgow. In Wales a night club was rammed and another one I can’t remember now. All inside of a week. I don’t need BBC,
my mates were out in Belfast at the weekend and said it was rammed.
So yeah, majority don’t care, unfortunately.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Look up at the scenes at The Sanctuary in Glasgow. In Wales a night club was rammed and another one I can’t remember now. All inside of a week. I don’t need BBC,
my mates were out in Belfast at the weekend and said it was rammed.
So yeah, majority don’t care, unfortunately.
And you think they're all teenagers? And they represent all teenagers? Not just a dumb bunch?

sport2793

I’m worried about Greenwood’s attitude I haven’t seen a talent like his since Rooney. I feel like he’s being tainted by the likes of Lingard and Brandon Williams. Players that will never be top top quality but enjoy the lifestyle. Greenwood has the potential to be a superstar I just really hope he doesn’t throw it away because of his off the field antics.
To be fair, while Williams has a plastic looking gf, he does seem to have the grit and toughness that few players his age have. I do agree he doesn't have the talent to be top top level though.

NotThatSoph

Stats? Last I saw the wasn't a sizeable difference amongst teenagers - the demographic we're discussing...

But I mean if the majority don't give a shit they should all have it right?
No, you see, there was this nightclub with a lot of people in it. Therefore the majority of young people don't give a shit.

SirScholes

He’s 18 Pogue, do you even remember what 18 felt like?
Giddy young lad fecked up when an Icelandic girl wanted to come up to his room, rightfully punished and he’ll learn his lesson of course.
Had the chance to rep his country and instead of focusing on the match went out to chase tail, he’s a moron

You want to use the case rate for 20-30 year olds to prove that they don't give a shit about the pandemic. I want to use Sweden's to show how they don't give a shit about the pandemic,
Ok, how about the raves? spring break, the salsa parties? The corona-parties?
The pics in Soho, the countries closing bars and pubs early because too many 20-30’s don’t give a shit.
Cases in ages 20-30 are driving the rises in Europe right now, we know this.

Your last paragraph is so fecking stupid it’s untrue, and you probably thought it was clever, considering the cases per 100,000 in that country now, one of only 7 European countries with under 20 cases per 100,000.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases

Paxi

And you think they're all teenagers? And they represent all teenagers? Not just a dumb bunch?
Well I’d say it’s a majority. I don’t think they’re dumb. I think inadequate, flimsy guidelines are to blame as well. You give young people a lot of alcohol and then you expect them to social distance. But overall, it was said from the start in the Covid thread that the population will get bored and here we are and that also applies to footballers seemingly.

NotThatSoph

Ok, how about the raves? spring break, the salsa parties? The corona-parties?
The pics in Soho, the countries closing bars and pubs early because too many 20-30’s don’t give a shit.
Cases in ages 20-30 are driving the rises in Europe right now, we know this.

Your last paragraph is so fecking stupid it’s untrue, and you probably thought it was clever, considering the cases per 100,000 in that country now, one of only 7 European countries with under 20 cases per 100,000.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases
Yes, none of those things show that a majority of 20-30 year olds don't give a shit, as you very well know. I should know as well, it's my job to help monitor it.

Paxi

Oh its a lot... But its not the "overwhelming majority" nor is it just teenagers.
Well what would you say it would be? I’m not going to stand here and argue my point like a pig headed fool. If you have the statistics on how many people don’t seem to care I’d happily take them on board. From what I see and hear, 18 to 30 year old just don’t care about the pandemic. That’s my takeaway. So I don’t particularly expect Foden or Greenwood to.

Yes, none of those things show that a majority of 20-30 year olds don't give a shit, as you very well know. I should know as well, it's my job to help monitor it.
“As I very well know”, I didn’t make the claim but it’s clear from all of those things I posted that many care a shit load less than other age groups.
Both the WHO, Fauci and a shit load of other states have said young people are driving the rise and are putting in new restrictions to curb their partying.
But sure, lets argue all night about a pointless topic like this that neither of us can clearly prove. Sounds like as much fun as talking about Sweden in a thread about Mason Greenwood.

NotThatSoph

“As I very well know”, I didn’t make the claim but it’s clear from all of those things I posted that many care a shit load less than other age groups.
Both the WHO, Fauci and a shit load of other states have said young people are driving the rise and are putting in new restrictions to curb their partying.
But sure, lets argue all night about a pointless topic like this that neither of us can clearly prove. Sounds like as much fun as talking about Sweden in a thread about Mason Greenwood.
"I would like to see evidence for this"

"Here you go"

"That's not evidence for that"

"I didn't say it was!"