Greenwood (Out) - signs for Getafe on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I tried phoning my good pal Steve McClaren there (he deals with all United transfers at the moment) and he said "maybe, I'm trying to sleep" and fell asleep on the phone so we will see.

The top comment here though
Why McClaren? We have a FD and an assistant FD - why would the ass man need to perform this role?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Why McClaren? We have a FD and an assistant FD - why would the ass man need to perform this role?
He's actually more of a boobs man, but I'll forgive you - only close friends to him like myself know that kind of detail.

windycityfan

Any clue what market value he has or fee he’d command? Would we even use any proceeds from a sale to fund another incoming? (think I read somewhere the vault is closed shut no matter who goes)

foolsgold

Any clue what market value he has or fee he’d command? Would we even use any proceeds from a sale to fund another incoming? (think I read somewhere the vault is closed shut no matter who goes)
Best case I'm assuming this will be a loan where they cover his wages. We're not going to get a fee for him, absent a number of competitive bids. Even then we'd probably let him go to his club of choice. We hold zero cards here after saying we're going to move him on.

Banat

I don’t know how to explain and I regret not betting some money, I was almost certain some Italian club will come in for him and I had some gut feeling it would be Lazio for some reason, and here we go :wenger:

Mainoldo

I don’t know how to explain and I regret not betting some money, I was almost certain some Italian club will come in for him and I had some gut feeling it would be Lazio for some reason, and here we go :wenger:
Same. I was thinking Napoli - but obviously they are too good these days

Sampordia, Brescia or Lazio. Some team like that.

Hopefully it’s true and the kid can start to rebuild.

Idxomer

He could find himself in a CL team right after leaving United, not bad after all that happened.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
A great club to join if your intention is rehabilitation.

Litch

Are we planning to loan him, sell him or terminate his contract. The whole thing still feels a bit strange.

Judas

Open to offers
I think if we could have guessed any team, Lazio would have been many of our top or near top picks. How bizarrely predictable and perfect match.

whitbyviking

Send him there for a season loan and they can send us Immobile on a rental swap.

chb23

Hope it's a loan.

After a year playing and if he does well most of the fans will be open to accepting him back.

the_cliff

Are we planning to loan him, sell him or terminate his contract. The whole thing still feels a bit strange.
I think we'll loan him. I reckon most of the footballing people at the club want him back. If he does well at Lazio fan sentiment may change.

saivet

Ideally a permanent move, even if it's a low fee, with decent add-ons and high percentage sell on clause.

red.knight

I'm pretty sure he will carve a good career elsewhere. Wish him all the best with his new club.

Bogga

A loan with them covering his wages and getting him up to speed is imo the best scenario... Selling him now wont give us much money, if he gets back to how he was when he was playing for us we'd get so much more money for him.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Can totally see him doing really well on loan and then coming back personally. Hopefully Pellistri takes his chance to make that less likely.
I’ve seen this opinion a lot, but I think if the club tried that having said he will leave the shitstorm they would kick up will be biblical, far worse than just keeping him here in the first place.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I’ve seen this opinion a lot, but I think if the club tried that having said he will leave the shitstorm they would kick up will be biblical, far worse than just keeping him here in the first place.
Don’t agree. Perception will naturally soften over time, even more so if he gets his career back on track and starts doing well again.

The way the club handled the situation made it worse so he had to go at in the present.

dubplate warrior

Don’t agree. Perception will naturally soften over time, even more so if he gets his career back on track and starts doing well again.

The way the club handled the situation made it worse so he had to go at in the present.
Agreed, If he goes on to absolutely smash it over there he will probably come back and the backlash from a sizeable section of the fanbase will quieten down.

Tender Teacher

From briefly skimming through lazio.net, seems their fans aren't vitriolically against Greenwood playing for them in the same way that people are here.

Roane

Guys landed on his feet in terms of a new club if it’s Lazio.

Guy's a talent if indeed a crappy a person.

Plenty of these kind of people who ultimately land on their feet, unfair as it may be or seem for the rest of us.

That's why in the world of "celebrity" taking umbrage and setting a stall doesn't have the impact it would in our daily lives.

As hard as it is to say this with what he did, should have kept him and made a fuss about how he would be supported and sent on courses to make him a better person.

flappyjay

From briefly skimming through lazio.net, seems their fans aren't vitriolically against Greenwood playing for them in the same way that people are here.
Women's rights groups will have their say when the time comes but it won't be as highlighted as it would in the pl. Same as the racism incidents that barely get any attention on the wider media.

tomaldinho1

Women's rights groups will have their say when the time comes but it won't be as highlighted as it would in the pl. Same as the racism incidents that barely get any attention on the wider media.
Didn’t some Italian journalist just get fired for calling Lukaku the n word live on tv? Greenwood won’t even make the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.