Griezmann - Barcelona player

UncleBob

Wonder how he would have been with United under Jose after winning Europa (if Zlatan didnt get injured and thus the need for a striker / Lukaku)
He stayed because of Atleticos transfer ban, not because we suddenly needed a replacement for Zlatan.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He was always a bit of an overrated player. You could see he could be world class in flashes but absoltuely everything went rhtough him in Athletico and in highlights he certainly looked good. At Barca he´s one of many very good players but never a central point of everything and not good enough to elevate them to the absolute top. I am happy to see Barca struggling now after the best players of the history is past his best and other worldies left as well..

They will need to rebuild and Griezmann as one of their most expensive players on books needs to show character so they didn´t throw the money for him totally away.

treble_winner

He stayed because of Atleticos transfer ban, not because we suddenly needed a replacement for Zlatan.
That was just the usual BS to hype himself up. He stayed and got a hefty contract improvement at Atletico. This would make sure his transfer in the following summer boosts his salary/bonus up even more.

The reason he stated was "to help Atletico through this ban" also has a double meaning: "I only stay there one more season. Come and take me next summer please". He is a snake through and through. I'm glad we didn't go for him in the summer after that.

United Junkie

No chance he can turn it around at Barca. And the same could be said about Coutinho and Dembele. Barca must be super-desperate to move them or they won't be able to sign anyone, I think. Only free transfers like Garcia, Depay.
Dembele has a future at Barca imo.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He'd have been brilliant here if he'd come in 2017, its a shame how its worked out for him, I get why he went to Barca, but it never looked a good fit.

The way he talks about Messi just adds fuel to the fire that off the field Messi is seemingly a total knobhead.
Or might have become a very expensive Lingard. At the moment he's costing Barca over 400k€ per week.

Judas

Open to offers
Or might have become a very expensive Lingard. At the moment he's costing Barca over 400k€ per week.
Much like Lingard did, he'd have bought into what Jose was all about, but he has 5 times the talent of Jesse. Seems to be a lot of dislike for Griezmann on here and I don't really get it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Much like Lingard did, he'd have bought into what Jose was all about, but he has 5 times the talent of Jesse. Seems to be a lot of dislike for Griezmann on here and I don't really get it.
Because he turned us down after a long saga. He’s quite charismatic/quirky too. RedCafe is full of old farts who hate players who show a bit of cheekiness to them in their celebrations or general antics off the pitch.

Top scorer and Player of the tournament at the Euros in 2016, second top scorer and third best player of the tournament at the 2018 World Cup.

Expensive Lingard. :lol:

United Junkie

It's probably those annoying fortnite dances he does whenever he scored a goal. Luckily for the dislikers he doesn't do much dancing lately.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Because he turned us down after a long saga. He’s quite charismatic/quirky too. RedCafe is full of old farts who hate players who show a bit of cheekiness to them in their celebrations or general antics off the pitch.

Top scorer and Player of the tournament at the Euros in 2016, second top scorer and third best player of the tournament at the 2018 World Cup.

Expensive Lingard. :lol:
It's probably those annoying fortnite dances he does whenever he scored a goal. Luckily for the dislikers he doesn't do much dancing lately.
Have some of you actually watched Griezmann play in the past year?
He's been absolute wank even for the national team.
He misses pens, misplaces easy passes, misses sitters, can't beat a player, and just looks like a player that's going through regression - wouldn't be the first time.
There's not one game in a barca shirt where he looked like a world beater - not one.
Koeman's trying everything to accommodate him yet he's still playing like absolute wank

United Junkie

He misses pens, misplaces easy passes, misses sitters, can't beat a player, and just looks like a player that's going through regression - wouldn't be the first time.
There's not one game in a barca shirt where he looked like a world beater - not one
I agree. I'm not personally a fan of his football. He did beyond ordinary at Atletico but I always knew he wasnt destined to be part of the Tier 1 players bracket. I'm glad he isn't at United.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There's not one game in a barca shirt where he looked like a world beater - not one
That’s not really what we were discussing though, was it? He was a fantastic player in 2017 and would’ve added a massive amount to our side. I’ve said my piece on why I think he’s struggling the way he is now on the page before — essentially I think the move came too late and it was the wrong move.

Is he still the player he once was? Probably not. But that doesn’t mean people should rewrite history and pretend he wasn’t one of the best players in Europe for a respectable amount of time.

Web of Bissaka

Seems to be a lot of dislike for Griezmann on here and I don't really get it.
:D Serious?
He blatantly used our club to get bumper high contracts every time he "threatened" to leave has his contracts running out. He's good at this "game", toying everyone around in the most diplomatic way with sweet words, all to push buttons and give "gentle" pressure to clubs to get improved contracts (it's like De Gea actually to lesser extents if you think about it). He's a skilled mercenary no doubt. High wages says it all about him. I do get players have to think about themselves first and their career and all of course.

Is he ever going to join our team? Not really. We're just a back-up option if he can't get better offers elsewhere.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't believe he was using us, I fully believe we'd have signed him if it wasn't for the Atletico transfer ban.

That’s not really what we were discussing though, was it? He was a fantastic player in 2017 and would’ve added a massive amount to our side. I’ve said my piece on why I think he’s struggling the way he is now on the page before — essentially I think the move came too late and it was the wrong move.

Is he still the player he once was? Probably not. But that doesn’t mean people should rewrite history and pretend he wasn’t one of the best players in Europe for a respectable amount of time.
Exactly, context is key. No one is talking about 2020 Griezmann, that's not the conversation at all.

Cloud7

United have wasted a LOT of money, but that’s about £400m on those three on transfer fees alone?
Barcelona are the only top team that are run as poorly as us. They have been poorly run for a long time now, the difference has been they had Messi to paper it all over so they remained competitive.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Griezmann cuts ties with Huawei citing fears over treatment of Uighurs

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...huawei-citing-fears-over-treatment-of-uighurs

“Following strong suspicions that the Huawei company has contributed to the development of a ‘Uighur alert’ thanks to facial recognition software, I am announcing the immediate termination of my partnership with the company,” Griezmann said in an Instagram post.​
“I take this opportunity to invite Huawei to not just deny these accusations, but to take concrete actions as quickly as possible to condemn this mass repression, and to use its influence to contribute to the respect of human and women’s rights in society.”

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Good to see someone with no perceptible vested interest other than humanitarian concerns stepping up and speaking out at their own expense.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I feel like this might deserve its own thread. It's a pretty significant move by Griezmann

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Deserves plaudits for his stance on Huawei. Griezmann is an easy target as he seems a bit of a prat and his move to Barca has hardly panned out well, but this action is selfless and bold and is a credit to his character.

GuyfromAustria

His third child was born today, sharing a birthday with his two siblings. :lol:

Mia 08.04.2016
Amaro 08.04.2019
Alba 08.04.2021

Tallis

His third child was born today, sharing a birthday with his two siblings. :lol:

Mia 08.04.2016
Amaro 08.04.2019
Alba 08.04.2021
Trying to be cheap - save money on birthday parties.

Barca should hire him to help out with financial planning.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
fecking hell I know exactly what Griezmann is going to be doing on 08.07.2023.

Robbie Boy

17 goals in 63 league games. He's 30 now and on a huge contract - they'll have some trouble shifting him. The La Liga watchers on here who were happy we missed out on him are being proven very right indeed.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
17 goals in 63 league games. He's 30 now and on a huge contract - they'll have some trouble shifting him. The La Liga watchers on here who were happy we missed out on him are being proven very right indeed.
Hindsight and all that but glad we didn't sign him. he's also a cringe-worthy fecker, isn't he?

OverratedOpinion

Hindsight and all that but glad we didn't sign him. he's also a cringe-worthy fecker, isn't he?
Becomes more and more hard to watch. You could ignore it a little when he was a world class player.

My kid would think his celebration is cringe. She is 4.

Robbie Boy

Comes across as a bit of a bell-end alright. And yup, defo hindsight as he was incredible at Atletico.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
so glad we didn’t go for him or he chose not to come here or whatever happened. I always hated the idea of this transfer. He was Sanchez waiting to happen but commanding a massive fee too. We missed the boat on him by the time he got to Madrid. They were his prime years and he was going pretty cheap at the time. That’s the phase we should be spotting players in instead of buying the fully developed guy who is looking for 2 massive contracts before he moves to a slower league.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

Oh so glad we didn’t go for him or he chose not to come here or whatever happened. I always hated the idea of this transfer. He was Sanchez waiting to happen but commanding a massive fee too.
Yes, I remember plenty being against the transfer and those posters look spot on. If he was a-bit younger you could maybe say he might come good, but he's 30 now and looks on a steep decline.

Bwuk

The transfer never made sense in the first place. He never fit in.

If we had signed him when we were linked it’d of been a much better fit.