Griezmann - Barcelona player

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Isn’t it funny, one of the biggest advocate for equality will also make fun of the way Japanese people look & talk.

It’s almost as if this whole thing is only about equality between black & whites and doesn’t actually give a shit about discrimination against other races.

Just my two cents...

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Not if they say it's because he's a racist cnut like he is.
Is their any law regarding that? I mean that if you sack a player for being racist, you don't have to pay compensation?
Like Sunderland had the option of not just sacking Nonce Winger, but also demand nearly a million from him. Although they didn't that is a different thing.

Also if FIFA acts on it, who will recieve bigger punishment the offender or the enabler?

antk

Isn’t it funny, one of the biggest advocate for equality will also make fun of the way Japanese people look & talk.

It’s almost as if this whole thing is only about equality between black & whites and doesn’t actually give a shit about discrimination against other races.

Just my two cents...
This is a weirdly american-centric worldview, for someone who apparently lives in the UK.

Dembelé and Griezmann's behaviors here are indefensible, but Griezmann has also been one of the only voices in football for LGBTQ+ and Uighur rights these last few years. Don't know why you're bringing up your weird "two-cents" fantasy of society.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Is their any law regarding that? I mean that if you sack a player for being racist, you don't have to pay compensation?
Like Sunderland had the option of not just sacking Nonce Winger, but also demand nearly a million from him. Although they didn't that is a different thing.

Also if FIFA acts on it, who will recieve bigger punishment the offender or the enabler?
Id be amazed if there isnt a termination clause in his contract in case of bringing the club into disrepute** which would surely cover this.

** Im aware its hard for that ridiculous club to be any more disreputable than it already is, but you get my point.

The Purley King

I would think most contracts have a clause or two about bringing the club into disrepute or gross insubordination which would mean they could just terminate his contract. They may be sued afterwards of course, but they might be ready to roll the dice on that given they'll get €40m off the wage bill immediately.
Will be interesting to see what happens now, but am struggling to believe Griezmann's stupidity, he fully deserves the sack and losing out on the rest of that contract.

cyberman

Why would they sack a 100m asset?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Blackface and "ching chong". He just needs to mock middle eastern people for a perfect hat-trick of being a racist cnut.

Not a chance Barca punishes him for this, too much money and value wrapped up in him. The most that will happen is he will lose a sponsor or two and even then he'll pick up others to quietly replace them.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Id be amazed if there isnt a termination clause in his contract in case of bringing the club into disrepute** which would surely cover this.
Yep, almost certainly - that's been standard for years now.

Not sure about precedents, though: players regularly violate that kind of term but they're usually just fined (by the club), not actually sacked.

At any rate, if this were two random feckers working for any number of companies - in any number of countries - they'd be in serious trouble and could easily end up losing their jobs over it.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Blackface and "ching chong". He just needs to mock middle eastern people for a perfect hat-trick of being a racist cnut.

Not a chance Barca punishes him for this, too much money and value wrapped up in him. The most that will happen is he will lose a sponsor or two and even then he'll pick up others to quietly replace them.
I doubt it, they uploaded it to their official YouTube page sure...

See 4:40

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Just my two cents...
I agree with you.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

Just my two cents...
I agree with you.
I have no idea how you two can come to that conclusion

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

This came from an official barca tour video supposedly? Is that right? Imagine this was Barca just looking for grounds to cancel their contracts? Hardly likely as they could get decent fees for the fools (but they’d have to eat a lot of wages and costs either way) Could be a Machiavellian move to leak it when they are trying to move players on or to take a cut and players are refusing to budge

Tony247

Just my two cents...
Sadly it seems so, or at least true for many activists and politicians out there. There are many forms of racism between various human races across the world. Sadly, the word racism now days relate to just between caucasians and africans.

That is why I feel taking a knee (a symbol of racism against africans) is a skimmed down approach to the larger racism issue in this world. If you want to stand against racism then be against ANY racism and not just one type. We need a gesture that can symbolise the fight against universal racism.

Tony247

Meanwhile this is Dembele's apology :
Well, since the receiving race was not african they can get away with it. In current climate if non-african made similar comment against african then his/their career would have been ended then and there itself. And that's the issue of selective fight against racism. There should be zero tolerance for any kind of racism. Or at least racists should be equally punished irrespective of the race being targetted.

sidsutton

So he’s racist against everyone then? Well that changes everything.

Irwin99

Just my two cents...
I know from experience that some people are dumb enough to believe that racism is only about white/black interactions and have no clue about its wider actual meaning. On a side note, didn't Dele Alli get into trouble a year or so back with something similar if I remember rightly? Something to do with Asians and Covid.

Tony247

Racist idiots of the highest order.

I hope they get proper bans. If Cavani can get 3 games for a non racist error of speech, these idiots deserve 10 games at least with monetary fines.
Absolutely. Or at least should get similar punishment.

Pep's Suit

But I'm sure if a white man said or did something similar to Dembele he'd give some exclusive interview to L'Equipe full of tears and how everyone is racist and awful.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The fact that he was filming himself is weird to me. People say all sorts of nasty/racist shit in their private moments, why would you film yourself ? On Snapchat ?

Classical Mechanic

Dembele's apology is something. Not even sure what he's on about in the first paragraph but then he assures everyone that he's only racist among friends usually.

romufc

I have no idea how you two can come to that conclusion
Because when anything happens its in the public eye, media are all over it.

In this instance, there is nothing in the media, nothing at all said about it.

crossy1686

career ending
The fact that he was filming himself is weird to me. People say all sorts of nasty/racist shit in their private moments, why would you film yourself ? On Snapchat ?
Social media has made everything 'banter' now, when in fact it's just toxic behavior done on film by fecking morons.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Because when anything happens its in the public eye, media are all over it.

In this instance, there is nothing in the media, nothing at all said about it.
The poster was complaining about Griezmann only caring about racism against black people. The same Griezmann who a couple years ago dressed up in blackface. It doesn’t make any sense

Edit: and your comment about the media ignoring this also doesn’t make any sense, I just googled Griezmann and a bunch of papers are all running with this story?

romufc

Edit: and your comment about the media ignoring this also doesn’t make any sense, I just googled Griezmann and a bunch of papers are all running with this story?
Which bunch of papers?