24 June 2024
21:00
Düsseldorf Arena, Düsseldorf

Croatia vs Italy
24 June 2024
21:00
Leipzig Stadium, Leipzig

Spain:

Goalkeepers: David Raya (Arsenal), Alejandro Remiro (Real Sociedad), Unai Simón (Athletic Club)

Defenders: Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid), Marc Cucurella (Chelsea), Alejandro Grimaldo (Leverkusen), Aymeric Laporte (Al-Nassr), Robin Le Normand (Real Sociedad), Nacho (Real Madrid), Daniel Vivian (Athletic Club)

Midfielders: Álex Baena (Villarreal), Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad), Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad), Pedri (Barcelona), Rodri (Manchester City), Fabián Ruiz (Paris), Nico Williams (Athletic Club), Martín Zubimendi (Real Sociedad)

Forwards: Joselu (Real Madrid), Fermín López (Barcelona), Álvaro Morata (Atlético de Madrid), Jesús Navas (Sevilla), Dani Olmo (Leipzig), Ayoze Pérez (Betis), Ferran Torres (Barcelona), Lamine Yamal (Barcelona)

Croatia:

Goalkeepers: Ivica Ivušić (Pafos), Nediljko Labrović (Rijeka), Dominik Livaković (Fenerbahçe)

Defenders: Martin Erlić (Sassuolo), Joško Gvardiol (Manchester City), Josip Juranović (Union Berlin), Marin Pongračić (Lecce), Borna Sosa (Ajax), Josip Stanišić (Leverkusen), Josip Šutalo (Ajax), Domagoj Vida (AEK Athens)

Midfielders: Martin Baturina (Dinamo Zagreb), Marcelo Brozović (Al-Nassr), Mateo Kovačić (Manchester City), Lovro Majer (Wolfsburg), Luka Modrić (Real Madrid), Mario Pašalić (Atalanta), Luka Sučić (Salzburg), Nikola Vlašić (Torino)

Forwards: Ante Budimir (Osasuna), Luka Ivanušec (Feyenoord), Andrej Kramarić (Hoffenheim), Marco Pašalić (Rijeka), Ivan Perišić (Hajduk Split), Bruno Petković (Dinamo Zagreb), Marko Pjaca (Rijeka)

Italy:

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Donnarumma (Paris), Alex Meret (Napoli), Guglielmo Vicario (Tottenham)

Defenders: Alessandro Bastoni (Inter), Raoul Bellanova (Torino), Alessandro Buongiorno (Torino), Riccardo Calafiori (Bologna), Andrea Cambiaso (Juventus), Matteo Darmian (Inter), Giovanni Di Lorenzo (Napoli), Federico Dimarco (Inter), Federico Gatti (Juventus), Gianluca Mancini (Roma)

Midfielders: Nicolò Barella (Inter), Bryan Cristante (Roma), Nicolò Fagioli (Juventus), Davide Frattesi (Inter), Jorginho (Arsenal), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma)

Forwards: Federico Chiesa (Juventus), Stephan El Shaarawy (Roma), Michael Folorunsho (Hellas Verona), Giacomo Raspadori (Napoli), Mateo Retegui (Genoa), Gianluca Scamacca (Atalanta), Mattia Zaccagni (Lazio)

Albania:

Goalkeepers: Etrit Berisha (Empoli), Elhan Kastrati (Cittadella), Thomas Strakosha (Brentford)

Defenders: Arlind Ajeti (CFR Cluj), Naser Aliji (Voluntari), Iván Balliu (Rayo Vallecano), Berat Djimsiti (Atalanta), Elseid Hysaj (Lazio), Ardian Ismajli (Empoli), Marash Kumbulla (Sassuolo), Enea Mihaj (Famalicão), Mario Mitaj (Lokomotiv Moskva)

Midfielders: Amir Abrashi (Grasshoppers), Kristjan Asllani (Inter), Nedim Bajrami (Sassuolo), Klaus Gjasula (Darmstadt), Qazim Laçi (Sparta Praha), Ylber Ramadani (Lecce), Taulant Seferi (Baniyas)

Forwards: Jasir Asani (Gwangju), Medon Berisha (Lecce), Armando Broja (Fulham), Mirlind Daku (Rubin Kazan), Arbër Hoxha (Dinamo Zagreb), Rey Manaj (Sivasspor), Ernest Muçi (Beşiktaş)

Last edited:

RoyH1

Tough, tough group. A big team is going to go out and I think it will be Spain. Looking at Italy and Croatia to nick it.

PoTMS

Tough, tough group. A big team is going to go out and I think it will be Spain. Looking at Italy and Croatia to nick it.
3 points against Albania pretty much guarantees to see you through as one of the 4 best third place runners up.

RoyH1

3 points against Albania pretty much guarantees to see you through as one of the 4 best third place runners up.
Oh yes, I'd forgotten about the absurdity of the best third places going through. Very little tension in the group phases then.

Real Name

If we get a result against Spain we're good to go. I'd be satisfied with a draw, delighted with a win of course. I just hate Spain as an opponent, you can play a perfect game against them yet still lose.
Albania will be a tuff nut despite the fact they're outsiders.
We've never lost against Italy, we're their nemesis, hopefully that wont change this year.

I'll be in Berlin for the 1st game. :)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If we get a result against Spain we're good to go. I'd be satisfied with a draw, delighted with a win of course. I just hate Spain as an opponent, you can play a perfect game against them yet still lose.
Albania will be a tuff nut despite the fact they're outsiders.
We've never lost against Italy, we're their nemesis, hopefully that wont change this year.

I'll be in Berlin for the 1st game. :)
I feel like every year we always write you lot off and then you surprise us again. Surely there comes a time when it's just one step too far for your elder statesmen. :lol:

Real Name

I feel like every year we always write you lot off and then you surprise us again. Surely there comes a time when it's just one step too far for your elder statesmen. :lol:
We'll see, if the games will go to penlties you know we'll be there. :D

Probable lineup
-------------------------Livaković
Juranović-------Šutalo------Gvardiol----Sosa
---------------------Brozović-----Kovačić
--------------------------------Modrić
Kramarić (Pašalić)--Petković----Ivanušec (Perišić)

Hopefully Dalić wont put Gvardiol on LB cause there's no need and he cant replicate the he way he plays in that position at City cause that way you lose a brilliand player and CB and gain nothing much in LB.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Tough group. Wouldn’t be surprised if Croatia get through with Spain.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Probable lineup

Hopefully Dalić wont put Gvardiol on LB cause there's no need and he cant replicate the he way he plays in that position at City cause that way you lose a brilliand player and CB and gain nothing much in LB.
Plus, bitches love Sosa

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think Albania can get a draw from one of the games. That will mess up qualification for one of the favourites.

If you go back to 2016 I'm pretty sure Albania only conceded late to France and in their qualification they finished ahead of Czechia and Poland so they're far from no hopers in this tournament.

I could see them drawing against Italy tbh and would be typical Croatia to play amazing well v Spain and then really struggle v Albania.

Certainly a shock elimination coming from this group if there is one at this stage.

Real Name

I think Albania can get a draw from one of the games. That will mess up qualification for one of the favourites.

If you go back to 2016 I'm pretty sure Albania only conceded late to France and in their qualification they finished ahead of Czechia and Poland so they're far from no hopers in this tournament.

I could see them drawing against Italy tbh and would be typical Croatia to play amazing well v Spain and then really struggle v Albania.

Certainly a shock elimination coming from this group if there is one at this stage.
Haha, that could certainly happen, typical of us usually.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It sounds like a very tough group without any idea of how Italy is doing.
A decent defence with the doubt of how Grimaldo will enter the team, a good midfield with Rodri and Pedri's half hour before injury and Nico/Yamal, which can be very attractive.
I wouldn't be surprised if either pair of teams go out. Obviously seeing cousin @giorno moaning here would be nice :p
Our contra is the "how are Spain still playing with Morata, aren't they able to bring in another striker...?".
Our pro some very good vitamins that Rodri brings in his suitcase.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Euro 2021 was a perfect storm for us. This team is significantly weaker and doesn't even have the luxury of having worked with this manager for 3 years and the confidence of a big unbeaten run...

Either Chiesa has another huge tournament or we go nowhere...

Real Name

Tickets for Berlin game came. Cant wait. I think there will be about 100.000 Croatians in Berlin that day at the least.

RoyH1

It sounds like a very tough group without any idea of how Italy is doing.
A decent defence with the doubt of how Grimaldo will enter the team, a good midfield with Rodri and Pedri's half hour before injury and Nico/Yamal, which can be very attractive.
I wouldn't be surprised if either pair of teams go out. Obviously seeing cousin @giorno moaning here would be nice :p
Our contra is the "how are Spain still playing with Morata, aren't they able to bring in another striker...?".
Our pro some very good vitamins that Rodri brings in his suitcase.
So good that his eyebrows are gone.

I'm baffled at some of the choices of the Spanish manager. Navas, Cubarsi, for example. Odd. I don't see Spain going far with this squad

Real Name

Nice little win over Macedonia, lots of players played a part, Modrić was absent. Majer with a good game, also Pjaca, Budimir and Marco Pašalić later. Perišić is a worry, seems bad injury he had left a mark both physically but especially psychologically. He doesnt go into duels as much and plays kind of subdued.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Can't decide whether this is a good squad or a bit underwhelming? Defence looks a bit ropey at the very least.

RoyH1

Can't decide whether this is a good squad or a bit underwhelming? Defence looks a bit ropey at the very least.
The attack is also a bit meh. Yamal is too young to be a full time contributor in an international tournament and Morata is too unreliable at this level.

NoPace

It's way off their Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets peak but same quality and some similarities to the Spain squads I remember as a kid, before Pep's Barca.

Raul way better than Morata, but Rodri better than Albelda or the other DM options.

Quality wingers but not top 10 in the world types (though Nico and Lamal may get there, but for now they seem similar to guys like Vicente, Joaquin and Extebarria who were all very good players), a box to box type mid (Fabian/Baraja) and a cleverer one (Pedri/Mendieta).

I imagine the big question for them will be how they defend against counters because if they play Morata and wingers you would expect them to hit crosses and get to the byline and turn it over more than a tiki taka team.

NoPace

Probable lineup

Not Stanisic at RB?

MalaysianRed7

Just got back from a trip to Albania which I absolutely loved. The football culture is absolutely massive there. I can’t even count on two hands the number of times I saw children playing football on the streets of Tirana. I will admit that I had never heard of him prior to my trip, but Jasir Asani, who plays in Korea, seems to be massively popular there, appearing on advertisements and the back of kids’ jerseys all over Albania.

Hope they get a few points as I think the country will really treasure them, particularly as this is only their second ever major tournament. Having seen the Italian and Croatian attackers, I think it might be possible.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I can't believe all of Spain, Italy and Croatia are in the same group.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think Italy go out in the group stages here. Spain and Croatia through. I think Spain have a quietly good squad this time round, especially with Pedri back. He has Player of the Tournament potential. A lot will also depend on Yamal, but he is class.

RoyH1

I won't underestimate the Italians.
Always dangerous to do so. When they're on and commited, they're one of the few teams in the world where the sum of the parts really is greater than what their individual players look like on paper.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, underestimating Italy should left to the Italians :lol:

We go into this tournament with the expectations of not finishing last in the group would be a success

We're also already losing pieces in the midfield, which should be our strongest area. The defence is young and untested, ironically the only role we feel cautiously confident of is the striker, our problem position(and fatal flaw) for the past 18 years :o