25 June 2024
21:00
Cologne Stadium, Cologne

Denmark vs Serbia
25 June 2024
21:00
Fußball Arena München, Munich

Slovenia:

Goalkeepers: Vid Belec (APOEL), Jan Oblak (Atlético de Madrid), Igor Vekić (Vejle)

Defenders: Jure Balkovec (Alanyaspor), Jaka Bijol (Udinese), Miha Blažič (Lech Poznań), David Brekalo (Orlando City), Vanja Drkušić (Sochi), Erik Janža (Górnik Zabrze), Žan Karničnik (Celje), Jon Gorenc Stanković (Sturm Graz), Petar Stojanović (Sampdoria)

Midfielders: Timi Elšnik (Olimpija Ljubljana), Adam Gnezda Čerin (Panathinaikos), Tomi Horvat (Sturm Graz), Josip Iličić (Maribor), Jasmin Kurtić (Südtirol), Sandi Lovrić (Udinese), Benjamin Verbič (Panathinaikos), Adrian Zeljković (Spartak Trnava), Nino Žugelj (Bodø/Glimt)

Forwards: Žan Celar (Lugano), Jan Mlakar (Pisa), Benjamin Šeško (Leipzig), Andraž Šporar (Panathinaikos), Žan Vipotnik (Bordeaux)

Denmark:

Goalkeepers: Mads Hermansen (Leicester), Frederik Rønnow (Union Berlin), Kasper Schmeichel (Anderlecht)

Defenders: Joachim Andersen (Crystal Palace), Alexander Bah (Benfica), Andreas Christensen (Barcelona), Mathias Jørgensen (Brentford), Simon Kjær (AC Milan), Rasmus Kristensen (Roma), Victor Kristiansen (Bologna), Joakim Mæhle (Wolfsburg), Jannik Vestergaard (Leicester)

Midfielders: Jacob Bruun Larsen (Burnley), Thomas Delaney (Anderlecht), Anders Dreyer (Anderlecht), Christian Eriksen (Manchester United), Morten Hjulmand (Sporting CP), Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (Tottenham), Mathias Jensen (Brentford), Christian Nørgaard (Brentford)

Forwards: Mikkel Damsgaard (Brentford), Kasper Dolberg (Anderlecht), Rasmus Højlund (Manchester United), Andreas Skov Olsen (Club Brugge), Yussuf Poulsen (Leipzig), Jonas Wind (Wolfsburg)

Serbia:

Goalkeepers: Vanja Milinković-Savić (Torino), Đorđe Petrović (Chelsea), Predrag Rajković (Mallorca)

Defenders: Srđan Babić (Spartak Moskva), Nikola Milenković (Fiorentina), Filip Mladenović (Panathinaikos), Strahinja Pavlović (Salzburg), Uroš Spajić (Crvena zvezda), Nemanja Stojić (TSC), Miloš Veljković (Werder Bremen)

Midfielders: Veljko Birmančević (Sparta Praha), Mijat Gaćinović (AEK Athens), Nemanja Gudelj (Sevilla), Ivan Ilić (Torino), Saša Lukić (Fulham), Nemanja Maksimović (Getafe), Srdjan Mijailović (Crvena zvezda), Sergej Milinković-Savić (Al-Hilal), Lazar Vujadin Samardžić (Udinese)

Forwards: Luka Jović (Milan), Filip Kostić (Juventus), Aleksandar Mitrović (Al-Hilal), Petar Ratkov (Salzburg), Dušan Tadić (Fenerbahçe), Dušan Vlahović (Juventus), Andrija Živković (PAOK)

England:

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Marc Guéhi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Declan Rice (Arsenal), Adam Wharton (Crystal Palace)

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle), Harry Kane (Bayern München), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

Last edited:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
We are gonna smash this group to pieces.

1-0, 0-0, 1-0.

Zydar

Since my NT didn't qualify this time (Sweden) I'll be rooting for England. Let's see if they can go all the way.

PSV

Interesting to see if any of the nations from the B league (England and Slovenia) can upset the favourites here.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Serbia are always such an enigma in these tournaments. Very much depends on what side of bed they get out of and what some of external issues are hampering them but they certainly have the midfielders and forwards to trouble England.

Think only team England will comfortably beat will be Slovenia. Much tougher than their World cup group.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
As simple as possible group for England, they should have far too much quality for any of the other sides. Toss up for the other positions with Denmark slight favorites.

RoyH1

England is the clear favorite, but if all the other sides play at their best, there's no real minnow here. Slovenia vs Serbia is going to be a saucy affair.

KranjskaKlobasa

We'll get revenge vs Serbia for that 3:3 in Euro 2000 and against England for 0:1 in WC 2010. Unfortunately danish vikings will beat us comfortably again as it's the norm in recent years.

Bwuk

How will Denmark line up?

Will O'Riley start?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
My wife’s English so I don’t have a choice. Hope England pace themselves. No point smashing it in the group stages only to finish with a whimper at the knockouts

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Serbia has some good individual players but I doubt we'll be a threat to England and Denmark. Qualifiers weren't great. Lost against Hungary twice, drew Bulgaria twice, barely looked the better team against Montenegro, couldn't even get a win in the WC 2 years ago. Piksi is a horrible coach. His tactical approach (if you could even call it that) has no thought behind it. Mitrovic and Vlahovic have bailed him out massively. This team should be better than what they are, but the way it is now I can see England steamrolling us. And that says a lot because England aren't the most exciting team themselves under Southgate.

Blackwidow

The English team stay in a golf resort in Thuringia with a 45-hole-golf facility next to it...

https://www.golfresort-weimarerland.de/en.html

(The German team arrived there today and will stay until Friday atleast the players that are already available - some players with families. The next weeks they will be permanently in Herzogenaurach)

Rauður Djöfull

Have ticket for the England - Denmark game
Can't wait, first time for me at game outside of DK and Iceland (and Old Trafford)

Mike Smalling

Denmark is in a bit of transition period now. Too many former key players are now not playing regularly for their clubs or are getting towards the end of their careers (Kjær, Højbjerg, Eriksen, Delaney), and we haven't managed to find a consistent good line-up with new up and coming players yet. Wouldn't be surprised if we go out in the group stage. Too many question marks.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
I'm not sure you could have got a much easier group, in theory at least.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I recently met a Dane who still holds a grudge over England fans shining a laser pen on Schmeichel's face during the penalty shootout. I forgot that even happened until they reminded me. They'll be up for revenge.

ROFLUTION

I recently met a Dane who still holds a grudge over England fans shining a laser pen on Schmeichel's face during the penalty shootout. I forgot that even happened until they reminded me. They'll be up for revenge.
Not just that. Sterling dived his way to a penalty that sent us out + hooligans attacked a bus with women and kids and England booing anthems.

I was almost warming to the thought of liking England again, but after summing up what happened last time + the hooligan invasion of the stadium, England has really fallen to a low for me.

At least Sterling is gone and the squad itself is to some extent likeable.

Denmark is nowhere near when we were good 4 years ago imo. The free flowing play and the hype has gone after the terrible and boring World Cup. I think England will have a field day in this group.

Lyng

Sterling isnt popular in Denmark either the diving cnut.
But regardless of that our team is, like @Mike Smalling said in a transition period, and Hjulmand seems to have run out of ideas and sadly is sticking to his favourites like Kasper Schmeichel even to the detriment of the team.
This cup will not be one where we do anything. I highly doubt we make it out of the group.

Schmeichels pinky

Lyng

Surprised by Bruun Larsen though he’s done well at Burnley? With Christensen and Andersen in defense they should be hard to break down. And Hojlund up top, don’t think Denmark looks bad at all?
Our midfield is way past it, and sadly it will be Kasper in goal who is glued to his line and good for a drop ot two. We have better options but Hjulmand plays his favourites.

RoyH1

Our midfield is way past it, and sadly it will be Kasper in goal who is glued to his line and good for a drop ot two. We have better options but Hjulmand plays his favourites.
What are the chance of Hjulmand losing his job if Denmark doesn't make it past the group stages?

Mike Smalling

What are the chance of Hjulmand losing his job if Denmark doesn't make it past the group stages?
If Denmark has a poor showing this Euro's I wouldn't be surprised if he walks himself. He looks out of ideas and also noticeable older than he used to. I think we will also see a few retirements from the national team after the Euros among some of the heavy lifters under Hjulmand.

Mike Smalling

haha you are not wrong. I feel like he have a nice crop of talent and it feels like its getting wasted at the moment.
Thankfully there is still time, but we hopefully will see Hjulmand, O'Reilly, and Lindstrøm much more involved during the next qualification period (admittedly Lindstrøm needs to find form for his club). Along with Højlund there is potential for an exciting midfield and forward line.

Lyng

Thankfully there is still time, but we hopefully will see Hjulmand, O'Reilly, and Lindstrøm much more involved during the next qualification period (admittedly Lindstrøm needs to find form for his club). Along with Højlund there is potential for an exciting midfield and forward line.
Absolutely and Hermansen is also a great talent.

FootballAI

I will switch from supporting England to Portugal if Mainoo and Shaw both fail to get a spot in the final squad.

On paper, England is the strong favourite to win this tournament but every tournament it had always been the same thing, so much hype pre-tourney but Southgate will somehow mess it up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I will switch from supporting England to Portugal if Mainoo and Shaw both fail to get a spot in the final squad.

On paper, England is the strong favourite to win this tournament but every tournament it had always been the same thing, so much hype pre-tourney but Southgate will somehow mess it up.
Mainoo will go. Only reason Shaw won't is fitness.

FootballAI

Mainoo will go. Only reason Shaw won't is fitness.
Yeah, of course Southgate will pick Shaw even if Shaw can hop around with only his left foot. Shaw is Southgate's top favourite.

I am not so sure about Mainoo, I think there is less than 50% chance he will go. The main reason is the rising Wharton, and Southgate will never leave Gallagher or Trent out of the final squad.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah, of course Southgate will pick Shaw even if Shaw can hop around with only his left foot. Shaw is Southgate's top favourite.

I am not so sure about Mainoo, I think there is less than 50% chance he will go. The main reason is the rising Wharton, and Southgate will never leave Gallagher or Trent out of the final squad.
Trafford, Quansah, Jones are certs for me not to go.

So you're then looking at 4 other players missing out. I think Branthwaite, Guehi, Shaw, Maddison, Mainoo, Wharton, Grealish, Bowen, Eze and Toney are in the danger zone of missing out.

I think the bolded may miss out. Possibly Branthwaite instead of Bowen/Toney.

Reason being is that I think the positions of Saka, Kane, Bellingham/Foden are nailed on for the front three/four positions. I think there are way more gaps in the CM spots so he will want to take both Mainoo and Wharton.

FootballAI

Trafford, Quansah, Jones are certs for me not to go.

So you're then looking at 4 other players missing out. I think Branthwaite, Guehi, Shaw, Maddison, Mainoo, Wharton, Grealish, Bowen, Eze and Toney are in the danger zone of missing out.

I think the bolded may miss out. Possibly Branthwaite instead of Bowen/Toney.

Reason being is that I think the positions of Saka, Kane, Bellingham/Foden are nailed on for the front three/four positions. I think there are way more gaps in the CM spots so he will want to take both Mainoo and Wharton.
Maddison is very much at risk but not Bowen I think. GS will likely choose both Palmer and Bowen, with Bowen will cover the CF and the RW while Palmer will cover the AM and the RW. On the left, Grealish and Eze will go, Gordon will stay home.

If Bowen go, there will be no reason to keep 3 CFs around, which mean Watkins will be left out. Toney has the advantage of height so he will be an attractive options to break the score with header. Beside, he will have advantage in penalty shoot-out.