26 June 2024
21:00
Arena AufSchalke, Gelsenkirchen

Czech Republic vs Turkey
26 June 2024
21:00
Volksparkstadion, Hamburg

Turkey:

Goalkeepers: Altay Bayındır (Manchester United), Mert Günok (Beşiktaş), Uğurcan Çakır (Trabzonspor)

Defenders: Samet Akaydin (Panathinaikos), Abdülkerim Bardakcı (Galatasaray), Zeki Çelik (Roma), Merih Demiral (Al-Ahli), Ferdi Kadıoğlu (Fenerbahçe), Ahmetcan Kaplan (Ajax), Mert Müldür (Fenerbahçe)

Midfielders: Hakan Çalhanoğlu (Inter), İsmail Yüksek (Fenerbahçe), Kaan Ayhan (Galatasaray), Okay Yokuşlu (West Brom), Orkun Kökçü (Benfica), Salih Özcan (Dortmund)

Forwards: Yunus Akgün (Leicester), Kerem Aktürkoğlu (Galatasaray), Arda Güler (Real Madrid), İrfan Can Kahveci (Fenerbahçe), Semih Kılıçsoy (Beşiktaş), Cenk Tosun (Beşiktaş), Yusuf Yazıcı (Lille), Bertuğ Yıldırım (Rennes), Kenan Yıldız (Juventus), Barış Alper Yılmaz (Galatasaray)

Georgia:

Goalkeepers: Luka Gugeshashvili (Qarabağ), Giorgi Loria (Dinamo Tbilisi), Giorgi Mamardashvili (Valencia)

Defenders: Lasha Dvali (APOEL), Giorgi Gocholeishvili (Shakhtar Donetsk), Giorgi Gvelesiani (Persepolis), Otar Kakabadze (Cracovia), Guram Kashia (Slovan Bratislava), Solomon Kverkvelia (Al-Okhdood), Luka Lochoshvili (Cremonese), Jemal Tabidze (Panetolikos)

Midfielders: Sandro Altunashvili (Wolfsberger), Giorgi Chakvetadze (Watford), Zuriko Davitashvili (Bordeaux), Otar Kiteishvili (Sturm Graz), Giorgi Kochorashvili (Levante), Nika Kvekveskiri (Lech Poznań), Saba Lobjanidze (Atlanta United), Anzor Mekvabishvili (Universitatea Craiova), Gabriel Sigua (Basel), Levan Shengelia (Panetolikos), Giorgi Tsitaishvili (Dinamo Batumi)

Forwards: Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (Napoli), Giorgi Kvilitaia (APOEL), Georges Mikautadze (Metz), Budu Zivzivadze (Karlsruhe)

Portgual:

Goalkeepers: Diogo Costa (Porto), Rui Patrício (Roma), José Sá (Wolves)

Defenders: João Cancelo (Barcelona), Diogo Dalot (Manchester United), Rúben Dias (Manchester City), Gonçalo Inácio (Sporting CP), Nuno Mendes (Paris), Pepe (Porto), Nélson Semedo (Wolves), António Silva (Benfica)

Midfielders: Danilo (Paris), Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United), Pedro Neto (Wolves), João Neves (Benfica), Rúben Neves (Al-Hilal), Matheus Nunes (Manchester City), João Palhinha (Fulham), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), Vitinha (Paris)

Forwards: Francisco Conceição (Porto), João Félix (Barcelona), Diogo Jota (Liverpool), Rafael Leão (AC Milan), Gonçalo Ramos (Paris), Cristiano Ronaldo (Al-Nassr)

Czech Republic:

Goalkeepers: Vítězslav Jaroš (Sturm Graz), Matěj Kovář (Leverkusen) Jindřich Staněk (Slavia Praha)

Defenders: Vladimír Coufal (West Ham), David Douděra (Slavia Praha), Robin Hranáč (Viktoria Plzeň), David Jurásek (Hoffenheim), Ladislav Krejčí (Sparta Praha), Martin Vitík (Sparta Praha), Tomáš Vlček (Slavia Praha), David Zima (Slavia Praha)

Midfielders: Antonín Barák (Fiorentina), Lukáš Červ (Viktoria Plzeň), Tomáš Holeš (Slavia Praha), Matěj Jurásek (Slavia Praha), Ondřej Lingr (Feyenoord), Lukáš Provod (Slavia Praha), Michal Sadílek (Twente), Tomáš Souček (West Ham), Pavel Šulc (Viktoria Plzeň)

Forwards: Václav Černý (Wolfsburg), Tomáš Chorý (Viktoria Plzeň), Mojmír Chytil (Slavia Praha), Adam Hložek (Leverkusen), Jan Kuchta (Sparta Praha), Patrik Schick (Leverkusen)

Last edited:

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Portugal look strong, one of the favourites. Not sure about the remaining places. Turkey are inconsistent but are capable of causing an upset, no idea about the other 2.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Portugal's my vote to win it all to be honest. Great squad they've got

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Portugal's my vote to win it all to be honest. Great squad they've got
I really don't understand this overrating of Portugal. Diogo Costa the goalkeeper is error prone and was one of the main culprits in our WC elimination against Marocco. Our defense has good names but you never know what you're going to get from Cancelo. Antonio Silva had a pretty underwhelming season. Nuno Mendes is injury prone. Only name I completely trust is Ruben Dias. Pepe has been an outstanding player for our national team but he's old.

Midfield I only trust Bernardo Silva and Bruno Fernandes. Rúben Neves has been poor for Portugal, Felix is underwhelming and inconsistent. Neto and Diogo Jota injury prone and inconsistent.

Ronaldo should have retired already. We play better without him.

Martinez is better than Fernando Santos but he has never won anything. I expect Belgium like results from him. We get past group stage and that's it.

We need a new FA President and specially to get rid of Jorge Mendes influence in our FA. Until we do that we will just flatter to deceive.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’ve back Portugal to win the whole thing. Them and France final I reckon.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I’ve back Portugal to win the whole thing. Them and France final I reckon.
Foreigners are more confident in that team than the Portuguese.

Dannn411

Never know what you will get with Portugal till they step on the pitch but on paper this should be 9 points job done.

DJ_21

Foreigners are more confident in that team than the Portuguese.
You not think you have a decent squad? Or decent chance? With your midfield and one man up front I think it’s very possible.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You not think you have a decent squad? Or decent chance? With your midfield and one man up front I think it’s very possible.
We have a decent squad on paper but some names don't perform well for our national team. It's our first tournament with Martinez so the jury is still out on him. I don't trust our goalkeeper and Ronaldo is past it. I can see us getting past group stage confortably but against a good opponent we may struggle to score.

DJ_21

We have a decent squad on paper but some names don't perform well for our national team. It's our first tournament with Martinez so the jury is still out on him. I don't trust our goalkeeper and Ronaldo is past it. I can see us getting past group stage confortably but against a good opponent we may struggle to score.
But you have brunoooo. He can carry your team to glory

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I really don't understand this overrating of Portugal. Diogo Costa the goalkeeper is error prone and was one of the main culprits in our WC elimination against Marocco. Our defense has good names but you never know what you're going to get from Cancelo. Antonio Silva had a pretty underwhelming season. Nuno Mendes is injury prone. Only name I completely trust is Ruben Dias. Pepe has been an outstanding player for our national team but he's old.

Midfield I only trust Bernardo Silva and Bruno Fernandes. Rúben Neves has been poor for Portugal, Felix is underwhelming and inconsistent. Neto and Diogo Jota injury prone and inconsistent.

Ronaldo should have retired already. We play better without him.

Martinez is better than Fernando Santos but he has never won anything. I expect Belgium like results from him. We get past group stage and that's it.

We need a new FA President and specially to get rid of Jorge Mendes influence in our FA. Until we do that we will just flatter to deceive.
Is Dalot used much by Martinez?
Generally though on paper yeah I think Portugal has a really nice blend to it in a way others don't. We'll see how they do. France is the obvious pick always and I don't think they'll do it, so then you go into the others and it's between Germany and Portugal for me. Maybe Germany has the advantage for being at home. The others is more like... I don't see Spain winning it as they don't have enough goalscoring power, I don't see England cause of Southgate, I don't see Netherlands cause of quality, Italy is not as good as the top few, Croatia not as good as they were with Modric aging, Belgium nowhere near these days... It's a top 3 and I just think France need a change of manager by now to refresh a bit.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Which GK will be playing for Portugal? Seems like they've used all three of them in their friendlies.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Diogo Costa FC Porto goalkeeper. I think he's a bit overrated but he actually impressed me against Croatia even though we lost. Perhaps he's in good form. Diogo Costa is first, José Sá second in line (I'd actually prefer him to start) and Rui Patrício is third (not really an option, he's experienced and he's there for moral and training support).

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
How likely is it for João Neves to start in midfield for Portugal?