Gaming Gta IV

rufus diabolus

Due for release on April 29th on the 360 and the Ps3.

I can't wait for this, along with mgs and gran turismo. Any news on the what the online mode's going to be like yet?

"There may be more to do than ever, but it's hard not to get the impression that everything you do will mean something this time around... This is the real Grand Theft Auto, and you won't be disappointed." - 1up

"GTA IV looks magnificent so far. It takes the humor, style, and character of the previous games and wraps them in a sumptuously detailed new city." - Gamespot

"The next iteration in the Grand Theft Auto series isn't just a prettier version of San Andreas or Vice City. It's more cinematic, more realistic, and yeah, more fun. It's a whole new ballgame in Liberty City... It's only two months away, but it's going to be a long wait." - IGN

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've read about the finer details of the game, and it sounds phenominal.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Looks like it's going to be good, but I'm just not that excited about it like I used to be about new GTA games. No games really excite me anymore.:(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: at that poster, just imagining it would suck if you actually looked like that and somebody hadn't heard of GTA.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Comes out the day after my birthday.

Feel free to all chip in and buy it for me

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Where's a good deal to pre-order it? Is it worth pre-ordering or just waiting till it comes out?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Where's a good deal to pre-order it? Is it worth pre-ordering or just waiting till it comes out?
I pre-ordered mine as a special offer when trading in my PS2 and assorted games. Three of the games were considered special and valued for this offer at $24.99 each. I'm in Canada, though so I don't know where you'd find such a great deal in England.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
"GTA IV looks magnificent so far. It takes the humor, style, and character of the previous games and wraps them in a sumptuously detailed new city." - Gamespot
What exactly could they mean by humor? So far the game looks pretty dark and sinister..

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I've enjoyed GTA 3, Vice-city, and San Andreas very very well. I can't wait for it to be released. (Tommy Vercetti was my fav of all)

I don't really like the look of the new hero Niko Bellic.

Immature

Looks like it's going to be good, but I'm just not that excited about it like I used to be about new GTA games. No games really excite me anymore.:(
I know how you feel! I remembers when people used to talk about San Andreas Months before it came out as if it was going to be the best game ever. The trailers didn't dissapoints either!

But I think I know why theres not the same excitement and buzz about this GTA game like there was for the last one, it's because the last GTA game came out 4 years ago, And thats a long gap! It seems like the GTA games are going to come out every for years like the fecking world cup! GTA san andreas was relseased when I was 14, and now the next GTA is being released when I'm nearly fecking 18! During 2006, I didn't even remember anyone mentioning GTA, I don't think anyone knew another GTA game was going to be released...I don't think anyone cared!

It was only back in january that did I relise a new GTA game was to come out!

I_live_cement

Cat freak
I know how you feel! I remembers when people used to talk about San Andreas Months before it came out as if it was going to be the best game ever. The trailers didn't dissapoints either!

But I think I know why theres not the same excitement and buzz about this GTA game like there was for the last one, it's because the last GTA game came out 4 years ago, And thats a long gap! It seems like the GTA games are going to come out every for years like the fecking world cup! GTA san andreas was relseased when I was 14, and now the next GTA is being released when I'm nearly fecking 18! During 2006, I didn't even remember anyone mentioning GTA, I don't think anyone knew another GTA game was going to be released...I don't think anyone cared!

It was only back in january that did I relise a new GTA game was to come out!
Think about toning down the exclamatives.

pert

I'll stop using the exclamation mark when you start using capital letters at the beginning of your sentence and finishing with a full stop! We don't "I live cement" on our case, do we know?:smirk:
Now

ben_united

I'll stop using the exclamation mark when you start using capital letters at the beginning of your sentence and finishing with a full stop! We don't "I live cement" on our case, do we know?:smirk:
Phine, mi punchooality wil bee supperb fromm know one, aye canot hellp finking thatt sumthing gose mising whenn aye putt sew mooch efort in too duing thiss tho.

rufus diabolus

UK-based PLAY Magazine is the latest magazine to get their hands on Grand Theft Auto IV. They have an eight-page multiplayer preview in their latest issue. There are no new screenshots, but there are some interesting (mostly minor) new details:

Multiplayer can be accessed via your mobile phone during single-player. Select the 'Multiplayer' option and from there you can select game types and send invites for your friends to join you.
The host can control things like time of day, vehicle classes (specifically for GTA Race mode), weapon types, traffic, the location of the match, the weather type and choose whether the game will feature police or not.
As mentioned previously, you can customise your online character. You start off with basic modifications such as sunglasses, hats, tops, trousers and so on, but the more you play the game, the more options you unlock.
PLAY Magazine saw a random pedestrian spraying graffiti on a shop. Pedestrians now have purpose. There are more unique moments.
Each game mode can support differents numbers of players, with 16 being the maximum.

Deathmatch 2-16 players, Fairly self explanatory. Anything goes, you can use any tactics you like to kill off the competition. Confined to specific areas of Liberty City to keep the action intense.

Team Deathmatch 2-16 players (in up to eight teams of two) Same as above, except you're working in teams. It's possible to have up to four people in one car (or helicopter).

GTA Race 1-16 players, Race through the city on predetermined courses in a variety of different vehicle classes. You can pick up weapons en route and use these against your opponents, and you can also swap vehicles if you find a better one during the race.

Mafiya Work 2-8 players, Mafiya boss Petrovic has jobs for you, which he'll describe to you over the phone. Each job is like a simplified mission. You might have to pick up recruits for the firm or take out a target, or - PLAY Magazine's favourite - find and then dispose of a dozen severed heads.

Team Mafiya Work 2-16 players (in up to eight teams of two) Same as above but this time you are in competition with another mafiya team for the same job. More tactical this time, and more challenging.

Cops N Crooks 4-16 players (in two teams) One team plays the crooks, one the cops. One of the players on the crooks' team is [randomly] assigned the boss and the others have to protect him and get him to an escape location on the map, while the cops have to hunt and kill him.

Hangman's NOOSE 2-4 players, Mafiya boss Petrovic has illegally flown into Francis International Airport, and someone has tipped off NOOSE. You and your team must protect Petrovic and get him to a safe location in Liberty City.

Free Mode 1-16 players, Go anywhere and do anything! Like single-player, except playing with your friends.

http://www.gta4.net/news/4035/multiplayer-preview-from-play/

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I'm just gutted there won't be as much countryside like in San Andreas, I mean the cities are awesome but sometimes just suicide mountain biking off mount Chiliad was brilliant.

Epic

I'm just gutted there won't be as much countryside like in San Andreas, I mean the cities are awesome but sometimes just suicide mountain biking off mount Chiliad was brilliant.
no chance of seeing big foot either :D

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
This online stuff sounds great and adds another dimension to the game.

Woodzy

Free Mode sounds fantastic itself, let alone the other modes. I have enough fun just messing about in single player, whether it's trying stunts or just seeing how long i can get away with a killing spree without getting caught. Doing this with 15 other people will be amazing!

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Nothing will ever beat a nice enjoyable game of the original GTA..

I wasted my youth chasing people around for hours on end with the flamethrower going on 'kill frenzy's'. Classic game.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Nothing will ever beat a nice enjoyable game of the original GTA..

I wasted my youth chasing people around for hours on end with the flamethrower going on 'kill frenzy's'. Classic game.
That game was mint. I used to love getting the tank. Two of my favorite cars in that bottom screenshot as well.