Guillermo Varela - Eintracht Frankfurt loan watch

Full bodied red

All a bit strange, isn't it ?

Thought the original injury was torn ligaments - so why the need for a screw ?

And the report says they found that they had left the screw in after he complained of pains.

Weird !

Anyway, hope he can get fit again because I'm with those who were impressed with him last season - thought he had a good future at OT, and hope that still happens for him.

Jaybomb

He looked brilliant last season. Better than Darmian.

Feel like he's kinda been forgotten about. Let's hope he features next season and we have another Bellerin case on our hands.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
This doesn't sound too good. I remember, barring being destroyed by Coutinho in the Europa League, really liking the look of him and being excited to see him develop.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Missed a penalty in the shoot out against Gladbach tonight but his team still advanced to the finals.

pascell

Really like him, looks a good long term replacement for Tony V.
He was very good when he played for us last season, thought he'd push on for a spot in the first team this season and found it strange we loaned him out given how out of form Darmian was. Think he'll be sold in summer

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Got suspended by the club for the german cup final because he got a new tattoo this week. Smart decision to not wait some more days.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Got suspended by the club for the german cup final because he got a new tattoo this week. Smart decision to not wait some more days.
Why is that an issue? I see instagram pictures from Valencia and Young who do that all the time in the week between games.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Why is that an issue? I see instagram pictures from Valencia and Young who do that all the time in the week between games.
Kicker wrote because it's basically the same as a bigger skin injury and you should avoid physical stress during recovery.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It could possibly be an issue because of any blood loss he may have suffered having an impact, no matter how minimal, on his performance.

Also depending on the size of tattoo, it'd be like having a huge fresh wound that needs to heal.

Personally, it shouldn't affect him but maybe that's the club's thinking. The question is was it communicated to him in any way that if he gets a tattoo he'd face a suspension? In his contract or anything like that.

Tarrou

got infected apparently

Also underneath says Bobic confirmed he'll be returning to United.

Blackwidow

It could possibly be an issue because of any blood loss he may have suffered having an impact, no matter how minimal, on his performance.

Also depending on the size of tattoo, it'd be like having a huge fresh wound that needs to heal.

Personally, it shouldn't affect him but maybe that's the club's thinking. The question is was it communicated to him in any way that if he gets a tattoo he'd face a suspension? In his contract or anything like that.
Even if it would not have been communicated - a club can expect a player to act professional.

Bubz27

Even if it would not have been communicated - a club can expect a player to act professional.
And where did he act unprofessional?

Assuming it wasn't communicated to him, I fail to see the lack of professionalism in getting a tattoo.

Blackwidow

Assuming it wasn't communicated to him, I fail to see the lack of professionalism in getting a tattoo.
Does everything has to be communicated? Don't they have a brain?

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
As an Eintracht Frankfurt fan, I can say that I don't rate Varela from what I've seen of him.

I don't think he'll be at OT for too long now.

This recent event shows that he's unprofessional also.

Blackwidow

Do you think it's unprofessional?
Yes. The top athletes really care for their body - starting with their eating habits, with their sleep, how they treat their body etc.

And yes, timing when you get yourself a tatoo - if you really need one - is one part of that, too.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Do you think it's unprofessional?
He was instructed by his coach and the doctors at EF not to get a tattoo but he went ahead and did it anyway.

Tattoo now infected . . . He's out of the German Cup final on Saturday.

So yea. . He's clearly unprofessional.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

I understand the medical staff made it abundantly clear it wasn't a good idea... then the fecker does it anyway and gets an infection that rules him out of a Cup Final.

Braindead.

Bubz27

My original post asked that question. Thanks for the answer.

He was instructed by his coach and the doctors at EF not to get a tattoo but he went ahead and did it anyway.

Tattoo now infected . . . He's out of the German Cup final on Saturday.

So yea. . He's clearly unprofessional.
I understand the medical staff made it abundantly clear it wasn't a good idea... then the fecker does it anyway and gets an infection that rules him out of a Cup Final.

Braindead.
Imo he took a completely unnecessary risk and it backfired. I agree that is unprofessional, even more so that he was warned beforehand.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Too old, not a good enough defender. Will have a decent enough career somewhere.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm a fan of his. Haven't watched him this season, but he was a breath of fresh air last season, and displaced Darmian. Whoever at RB for a while before Coutinho gave him the run around and Van Gaal banished him. Brilliant going forward, and offers excellent delivery.

As 'academy' players are all the rage, I'd love to see him get a chance here. He's a Jose type maniac too who I imagine would run through a brick wall for him.

Aza Boy

Watch Bundesligue regularly, nothing player. Eintracht only good at home. Away they are shit. Their defensive lines are vulnerable against fast counter attack.

Sell him, let young players grow.

sugar_kane

He's said some fairly disrespectful things about Manchester and the club at various times. He had one or two good games for us last season but he can get fecked.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Is it really unprofessional though? Like I really don't have a clue, but how often does a tattoo get infected? Surely it's very uncommon? I mean would it even cross your mind as a possibility? Especially when he's probably going to a really good place.

Either way, his attitude is questionable and he isn't good enough for United. Weird how he's still on the books.

Nick7

Is it really unprofessional though? Like I really don't have a clue, but how often does a tattoo get infected? Surely it's very uncommon? I mean would it even cross your mind as a possibility? Especially when he's probably going to a really good place.

Either way, his attitude is questionable and he isn't good enough for United. Weird how he's still on the books.
I mean, if you're told multiple times to wait a week before getting inked by the club and it's doctors and you go and do it anyway, that's pretty unprofessional and shows a lack of care for the good of the team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

As someone said above, there is also the issue of your skin being extremely sensitive and the need to avoid physical exertion and contact. It just seems really silly from Varela.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Source is not the best but apparently professional footballers are generally only allowed to have tattoos in the off-season due to the healing process.

And yes, it is unprofessional when you defy the coach and doctor. He's being paid thousands a week to play football. All he had to do was wait a few weeks for the season to end.

Quotes:

"This behaviour is grossly negligent and hurts the entire team," sporting director Fredi Bobic said. "The club cannot tolerate a player going against the instructions of the coach and the doctor before such an important game. Guillermo's path with Eintracht has ended with this action.

"We were previously thinking about extending his loan deal. That's no longer an issue. Guillermo is suspended with immediate effect and he will be given a very severe punishment. His egotistic behaviour unfortunately forces us to take these measures."

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
As someone said above, there is also the issue of your skin being extremely sensitive and the need to avoid physical exertion and contact. It just seems really silly from Varela.
Try find a tattoo on a professional marathon or any type of long distance runner. You won't. Why? Because it's a fresh wound that can get infected as a result of sweating. Ergo, you have to stop training and that's too high a price. Enter Varela getting a tattoo as he prepares for a final.

Giant bellend.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool

Braindead.
Also took a picture of the making and posted it online. Clearly a smart lad.

ReallyUSA

Do you know how angry Frankfurt music be? What an arrogant lil ass. Then he compares himself loosely to Sergio Ramos. Hope we get something for him.