Haaland vs Mbappe - Heirs Apparent

Who do you think will win the Ballon d'Or first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheLiverBird

Haaland can barely keep up with Julian Alvarez ffs. :lol::lol::lol: Mbappe is the main guy in a team full of superstars - a completely different stratosphere.

Haaland fanboys are becoming worse than Ronaldo fans.
By Superstars, do you mean an ageing Messi and overrated Neymar??

an by “main guy” do you mean main guy in a team that operates on 1 elite level in the Champions League?

Haaland has just joined one of Europes Best teams that operates in 2 elite levels ie the EPL and the CL, he’s already smashing them in for fun in the EPL

both are sensational players

saying one operates in a different stratosphere to the other is broadmoor territory

Last edited:

Dingo

Supports
Haaland
Haaland can barely keep up with Julian Alvarez ffs. :lol::lol::lol: Mbappe is the main guy in a team full of superstars - a completely different stratosphere.

“Mbappe is the main guy in a team full of superstars”

Meanwhile white Lukaku has only managed to score 9 goals in 5 games.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

What a ridiculous post.

Haaland is better, slightly for me. Should be an interesting debate over the next few years.

laughtersassassin

Mbappe more technical but since Halaand broke through I've always preferred him

I love the fact he is a monster

Halftrack

Do you have a humiliation fetish?

Macern

Pee pee pants

I just love this post. Not only are you starting it with nonsense (obviously Haaland can keep up with Alvarez) but what makes it for me is how you're mocking Haaland fanboys just after that childish statement with three laughing emojis indicating that you're exactly the type of fanboy you're describing, only with Mbappe.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Haaland is for me the better one, his attitude is just way clear of Mbappe. It's going to show throughout their careers. I don't think Mbappe is professional enough to be able to keep up with Haaland.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don’t understand some of the odd hate on Haaland. He is such a beautiful human being.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Given the option of both, I’d take Haaland every day of the week. If they both have injury free careers, Haaland will finish way out in front.

Skills

Snitch
Haaland is fantastic. Mbappe is a different level of talent though.

Canagel

People on this forum do not watch Mbappe.

The image that has been created of him (more complete, more technical..) is almost a fantasy. Just football fans lazily repeating what they've heard others say without taking the time to watch and micro analyse this player. This is why I don't take this platform seriously when I hear certain takes.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

The image that has been created of him (more complete, more technical..) is almost a fantasy. Just football fans lazily repeating what they've heard others say without taking the time to watch and micro analyse this player. This is why I don't take this platform seriously when I hear certain takes.
I think Mpabbe is better at creating goals on his own vs Haaland. It doesn't mean that Haaland isn't a freak.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

I don't watch him often to be honest and I don't rate him at all. Talent wise I don't even think he is as good as Henry for the same age, but Mbappe won a lot more obviously.

For Haaland vs Mbappe in terms of Ballon d'Or, in the end it depends on how many goals they score and the trophies they won for the season. Both will probably win the league this season, but Haaland will score more goals and Mbappe can challenge for the world cup with a strong French team.

troylocker

I don't watch him often to be honest and I don't rate him at all. Talent wise I don't even think he is as good as Henry for the same age, but Mbappe won a lot more obviously.

For Haaland vs Mbappe in terms of Ballon d'Or, in the end it depends on how many goals they score and the trophies they won for the season. Both will probably win the league this season, but Haaland will score more goals and Mbappe can challenge for the world cup with a strong French team.
When Henry went to Arsenal after having flopped at Juventus (at the age Haaland is now) he had 31 goals and 5 assists to his name in 159 games for Monaco and Juve (He was world champion, but was benched in the final and was not involved in any goals in the KO stages).....I think Mbappe is more than a couple of steps ahead at this stage of his career.....He needs to move leagues though if he wants legend status outside of France.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappé is game breaking in a way Haaland is not. He's hit a level where playing against him feels like it's about survival more than victory

Castia

Haaland is miles better.

Not even a big fan of Mbappe to be honest. Haaland would be scoring 60 a season in France.

Canagel

When Henry went to Arsenal after having flopped at Juventus (at the age Haaland is now) he had 31 goals and 5 assists to his name in 159 games for Monaco and Juve (He was world champion, but was benched in the final and was not involved in any goals in the KO stages).....I think Mbappe is more than a couple of steps ahead at this stage of his career.....He needs to move leagues though if he wants legend status outside of France.
I see it the opposite way. He should stay. I see the Ligue 1 as a protective shield for him.

Against low blocks over 90 minutes he is as frustrating as Rashford. It's just not documented because he is hidden in a low profile league. Staying was the best decision he has ever made.

Stacks

By Superstars, do you mean an ageing Messi and overrated Neymar??

an by “main guy” do you mean main guy in a team that operates on 1 elite level in the Champions League?

Haaland has just joined one of Europes Best teams that operates in 2 elite levels ie the EPL and the CL, he’s already smashing them in for fun in the EPL

both are sensational players

saying one operates in a different stratosphere to the other is broadmoor territory
Neymar would walk into City's team. He has started the season with 9 goals and 6 assists in 6 games...........How many CL finals have Haaland played in? Neymar has 1 win and 1 loss, scoring in a final
Haaland is for me the better one, his attitude is just way clear of Mbappe. It's going to show throughout their careers. I don't think Mbappe is professional enough to be able to keep up with Haaland.
based on what?

troylocker

Neymar would walk into City's team. He has started the season with 9 goals and 6 assists in 6 games...........How many CL finals have Haaland played in? Neymar has 1 win and 1 loss, scoring in a final
I think Neymar is a brilliant footballer and he could be a starter in any team if he wanted to. He chose to play in France though....We'll never find out how good he really could have been, because he fled the main scene.

9 goals and 6 assists in 6 games is not his true level though, even in France with 3 penalties.

Halftrack

How many CL finals have Haaland played in? Neymar has 1 win and 1 loss, scoring in a final
It's almost as if one of them has only ever played for teams that are favourites in the CL every year, while the other's only now joined one of those teams while also being 8 years younger. Completely pointless comparison.

Charles Miller

Of course people see football from different perspectives. In my opiion there is no comparison. Even if Haaland scores 732 goals this sesson, Mbappe is a superior player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I see it the opposite way. He should stay. I see the Ligue 1 as a protective shield for him.

Against low blocks over 90 minutes he is as frustrating as Rashford. It's just not documented because he is hidden in a low profile league. Staying was the best decision he has ever made.
It's not documented because it's nonsense. Mbappé and PSG mainly play against low blocks and he is excellent.

caid

Answer will be Haaland till Mbappe moves to a league that matters.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

Yeah, you have never watched Kylian play.

Mbappe is a world beater against any side.

The fear factor he brings to defenses is insane.

His final pass is underrated af. Gets bucketloads of assists too.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Are there any 2 attackers less similar than these 2? Utterly impossible to compare.

Haaland is obviously better.

Canagel

It's not documented because it's nonsense. Mbappé and PSG mainly play against low blocks and he is excellent.
He is painful to watch against low blocks. one moment of brilliance followed by three braindead moments and wrong decision making. Excellent if you follow a game through the stats but the eye test tells a different story.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I'm surprised that this is a debate, especially now that Haaland has started tearing it up in the PL as well. He's a mentality monster with a scary physique and world class abilities.

The last time someone had those combination of attributes, RM bought him for a world record fee and he won a bunch of Balon D'ors and a string of CLs.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We played against Mbappé's team and he causes me to singlehandedly crash to diamond market. In 30 years he's the 7th player to cause that kind of reaction in me, and it was stronger any bar 2(ronaldo and messi). We just could not stop him in any way shape or form. He was the only dangerous player from PSG and he dominated 3 halves of that tie by himself

When Haaland does the same thing i'll revisit my opinion

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Until Mbappe leaves a league which is the equivalent quality of the Portuguese league (before PSG) Haaland leads the way.

If Mbappe leaves PSG and still tears it up then it would be Mbappe for me.

This “Versus” thread is like the Payless or thrift store version of Ronaldo VS Messi thread

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
I'm surprised that this is a debate, especially now that Haaland has started tearing it up in the PL as well. He's a mentality monster with a scary physique and world class abilities.

The last time someone had those combination of attributes, RM bought him for a world record fee and he won a bunch of Balon D'ors and a string of CLs.
Funny how Haaland is being termed as this "mentality monster" despite hardly scoring against Elite European sides in the CL(except that game against PSG) or in big Tournaments like World Cups and stuff.

Meanwhile, Mbappe who has scored in most big stadiums against big clubs in the CL and even in knockout stages while also having been one of the best players in the World Cup scoring a goal in the Final isn't being termed as a "mentality monster".

I know you'll talk about the lack of opportunities Haaland has had to perform in the biggest games, right? So then why are you people calling an unproven quantity in the biggest games as a "mentality monster" instead of the guy who has been doing that at the biggest stage since he was 18?

This just reeks of obvious bias this forum has towards the Norwegian and just doesn't make any sense. Feel like most people here just despise Mbappe for other reasons that have nothing to do with the actual game or his merit.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This isn't a valid comparison. Haaland is now tearing it up in the PL, so people's opinion are going to be raised, but the PL is overrated and Mbappe would be just as devastating in that City team, but they're different players. Mbappe's more dangerous in a bigger part of the pitch, can create his own goal when the team is out of ideas, is a much better creator, and can finish at an elite level. Haaland's more dangerous in the box, his finishing is beyond elite, I don't know what the term is for it but near-perfect, is physically superior to almost anybody, and is as fast as a guy his size can get. They each can score goals the other cannot, that's why I think the comparison is silly, even though it's inevitable as they're the top two talents of their generation. The main differentiating factor between the two where I prefer Mbappe is the quick feet that he has, he makes it very difficult for defenders to deal with, whereas Haaland, silly to say right now but I still believe, is easier to contain in 1v1 or 1v2 with defenders.

In a team like City, I'd prefer Haaland over Mbappe now that I've seen it with my own eyes. For most other teams, I'd prefer Mbappe over Haaland. Mbappe's been around for longer, been through a ton of media scrutiny that Haaland's yet to experience, and has come out continuing to get better. His numbers across any competitions are ridiculous and well-balanced between goals and assists. Last season was about as good as an individual can do in such a dysfunctional side, and he tormented Real Madrid in a way I don't see Haaland capable of in that PSG side.

The media loves to bring a guy up and then tear him down, Mbappe was the golden boy, now he's persona non grata, and that will likely happen to Haaland too over the course of his career as the spotlight gets bigger. But it's absolutely ridiculous to think Mbappe's mentality is any weaker, he's been through far more and it hasn't stopped him.

It's funny though, just when we're getting wrapped up with the nauseating CR7 vs Messi debate, we will now get to enjoy this for the next ten years. :lol:

IrishRedDevil

One is hiding in the French league with famers and the other is smashing it in the best league in the world. Says it all.

JPRouve

Scout
We played against Mbappé's team and he causes me to singlehandedly crash to diamond market. In 30 years he's the 7th player to cause that kind of reaction in me, and it was stronger any bar 2(ronaldo and messi). We just could not stop him in any way shape or form. He was the only dangerous player from PSG and he dominated 3 halves of that tie by himself

When Haaland does the same thing i'll revisit my opinion
They are both qualtty players and very different. Personally I have them in the same bracket and way below the likes of prime Messi/Ronaldo. If I really had to compare them to past players in terms of caliber it would be prime Eto'o and prime Adriano.

JPRouve

Scout
He is painful to watch against low blocks. one moment of brilliance followed by three braindead moments and wrong decision making. Excellent if you follow a game through the stats but the eye test tells a different story.
Just stop it.

Canagel

Yeah, you have never watched Kylian play.

Mbappe is a world beater against any side.

The fear factor he brings to defenses is insane.

His final pass is underrated af. Gets bucketloads of assists too.
I have seen him enough. I have never denied he is efficient in front of the goal and all of my posts on him can corroborate it. You are basically arguing against yourself.