Haaland vs Mbappe - Heirs Apparent

Who do you think will win the Ballon d'Or first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Current Mbappe has also similar to 2010-2013 version of Ronaldo( Mourinho’s version), especially in dribbling and runs.
Yeh I’d say Mbappe is the 23-28 version of Ronaldo, with similar dribblings/runs and approach to shoot, maybe less goals but still very good numbers, but without the ariel ability and long shots/free kicks.

Haaland is definitely stronger physical version of poacher Ronaldo at 30-33, but also with less of ariel ability. They demonstrate similar hunger for goals and determination to score on the pitch, and even similar off ball movement into scoring position.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Is Mbappe simply much better than Haaland or does he have more opportunities to demonstrate he's better such as playing at the WC?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Mbappe is the superior footballer.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Is Mbappe simply much better than Haaland or does he have more opportunities to demonstrate he's better such as playing at the WC?
He’s better, by strictly having more to his game. People here love Haaland because the Cafe loves a traditional brute force striker and he’s as freakish as they come in that sense, truly all time level potentially.

But Mbappe brings the goals along with being an absolute danger man from anywhere on the pitch with the ball at his feet.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Mbappe is going to end his career as all time WC top scorer.

KeanoMagicHat

But Mbappé plays against farmers, so can't be rated at the highest level - Some idiot on the internet somewhere

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mbappe is better. He's mostly also all end product but he can do more on his own. Haaland is a pure poacher who is otherwise very limited.

Castia

Mbappe wouldn't be scoring like Haaland in the Pl

Haaland would probably be on 8 WC goals now playing for France.

Haaland > Mbappe for me.

KeanoMagicHat

True but he does need to move to the prem/la liga to ever be put up there with Messi, Ronaldo etc.
I don't know, it depends on the Champions League. You see some people here slating De Bruyne for not winning the CL despite being dominant in the PL. If he won a few CLs with PSG to go with the World Cup, that could be enough. When it comes to awards and rating players, it's the World Cup/Euros/Champions League that matters most.

If he scores 15 goals in the CL and PSG win, nobody will care he's in Ligue 1. A valid argument though would be that PSG will keep failing in the CL because they don't get enough tests in Ligue 1 every year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't know, it depends on the Champions League. You see some people here slating De Bruyne for not winning the CL despite being dominant in the PL. If he won a few CLs with PSG to go with the World Cup, that could be enough. When it comes to awards and rating players, it's the World Cup/Euros/Champions League that matters most.

If he scores 15 goals in the CL and PSG win, nobody will care he's in Ligue 1. A valid argument though would be that PSG will keep failing in the CL because they don't get enough tests in Ligue 1 every year.
You mean the social media fans right? Because playing in an elite league week in week out is a huge part of being a top player. Yes there are fans who obsess only over CL / WC and G / A but they're nutters anyway.

KeanoMagicHat

You mean the social media fans right? Because playing in an elite league week in week out is a huge part of being a top player. Yes there are fans who obsess only over CL / WC and G / A but they're nutters anyway.
That's the only time the top players and teams come together so of course they matter.

What is an elite league to you then? France is the 5th strongest league in the world by coefficients. You can only be the best player in the world if you play in the PL or La Liga is it? Depressingly narrow way to look at the entire football ecosystem.

TsuWave

Mbappe is a better footballer and I don't think it's close either

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
True but he does need to move to the prem/la liga to ever be put up there with Messi, Ronaldo etc.
This is true. He could score 300 goals and not win Ballon d'Or in France. At Real Madrid or Barcelona he would be guaranteed it. But that is because of pure politics and bullshit.

We already know both Ronaldo and Messi were gifted several Ballon d'Or that should have gone to other players. They have been fantastic but so have other players in singular seasons.

It is what it is. But unfortunately when you read at wiki in 20 years time people will probably have Ronaldo or Messi above everybody else because of unfair accolades.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Mbappe is Messi, Haaland is Ronaldo

Mbappe offers much more

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Mbappe offers much more
Mbappé is Ronaldo and Haaland is Aguero/Higuain/Falcao/Lewandowski. There is no Messi equivalent at the moment.

KeanoMagicHat

Mbappe offers much more
To an extent but I think Van Nistelrooy vs Henry is probably a better like for like than Messi vs Ronaldo. Mbappé has some aspects of them both but is more like Brazilian Ronaldo with his devastating pace and overall game. Haaland is a pure striker that Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't until his later 30s.

Messi isn't really like either of them in style at all.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Mbappe is a hybrid of R9 and Henry in the way he plays. Doesn't have CR7's aerial game or insane long shots.

Haaland is a one dimensional RVN on steroids.

The Messi equivalent might be that Georgian Guy from Napoli, Kvaradona?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think the Henry RvN comparison is apt, RvN was a beast goalscorer, but I think we all know Henry was the better overall player. That's how I see this Mbappe vs Haaland comparison, no offense to the Haaland fans.

El Jefe

In the spirit of shitposting, of course Mbappe is better than the overgrown Chicharito.

Seriously though, Mbappe just has a lot more to his game.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04

Mbappe offers much more
Don't think these different situations are comparable to be honest. There's no need for such analogies. Mbappe is Mbappe and Haaland is Haaland. I don't see any necessary parallels from either one with Messi or Ronaldo to make such a statement.

Mbappé is Ronaldo and Haaland is Aguero/Higuain/Falcao/Lewandowski. There is no Messi equivalent at the moment.
I think this is a more reasonable approach but still not appropriate. In any case, the last statement is absolutely true. Most likely there never will be another Messi again.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Don't think these different situations are comparable to be honest. There's no need for such analogies. Mbappe is Mbappe and Haaland is Haaland. I don't see any necessary parallels from either one with Messi or Ronaldo to make such a statement.

I think this is a more reasonable approach but still not appropriate. In any case, the last statement is absolutely true. Most likely there never will be another Messi again.
There is a pretty good reason to do it. Stylistically it's pretty clear that Mbappé modeled his game on Ronaldo's, while Haaland is a more traditional prolific striker. Messi is an hybrid that has no known current/future version.

At the end of the day, Football is a game where players have defined roles and almost always follow certain templates. While they have their own identities, they also share a lot with their predecessors.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
There will be better eventually, I have no doubts about that.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Mbappe is a hybrid of R9 and Henry in the way he plays. Doesn't have CR7's aerial game or insane long shots.

Haaland is a one dimensional RVN on steroids.

The Messi equivalent might be that Georgian Guy from Napoli, Kvaradona?
How? He's really fast and thats where the comparisons end. He barely uses any tricks like R9 did or Henry.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
There is a pretty good reason to do it. Stylistically it's pretty clear that Mbappé modeled his game on Ronaldo's, while Haaland is a more traditional prolific striker. Messi is an hybrid that has no known current/future version.

At the end of the day, Football is a game where players have defined roles and almost always follow certain templates. While they have their own identities, they also share a lot with their predecessors.
Did he really model his game on Ronaldo's or did he model his game on a lof of different players and shaped it to get more and more efficient? He might have modeled his game on parts of the game which made Ronaldo strong.

There will be better eventually, I have no doubts about that.
I sometimes get carried away when I think about Messi, because he's so brilliant. I should have added *in our lifetime (I am 32 years old) and I would stand by that statement, even in hindsight.