Haha Newcastle

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He had an ACL injury while at Southampton that kept him out for months, prior to that he missed 4 games with minor problems, hardly injury prone and a steal at £32 million.
Yeah he was hardly ever injured at youth level. One bad injury at Southampton, though it was a huge one but aside from that he’s been relatively healthy and injury free his whole career. If he becomes the player I’ve always known he could become, then yeah £40M will end being a steal. He’s a gem of a player and you’re lucky to have him. It’s just unfortunate he came through as the exact same time as Reece James.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
Since when does FFP go back a decade? Isn't it three years in the current iteration?
We have operated within FFP whether you go back three years or ten years. The point is that the expenditure is skewed by the fact that we were so far behind in terms of squad depth and quality due to a decade of neglect. We were rock bottom in the league without a win when the takeover happened, £450m is a relatively fractional amount to spend to turn that into Champions League football; especially when around £150m of that has barely kicked a ball for us in Tonali, Barnes and Hall.

SirScholes

Rich…….we’re bound by FFP, now if FFP and FMV where challenged and deemed to be anti competitive I might agree with you, however we abide by the rules currently in place.

Now in two to three years as our revenue streams increase exponentially, yes there’s a good chance we’ll be ‘rich’
If you abided by the rules your team wouldnt be state owned

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We have operated within FFP whether you go back three years or ten years. The point is that the expenditure is skewed by the fact that we were so far behind in terms of squad depth and quality due to a decade of neglect. We were rock bottom in the league without a win when the takeover happened, £450m is a relatively fractional amount to spend to turn that into Champions League football.
I mean I'm sure the Saudis won't just blunder into a FFP ban, but the rule is about financials, spending not exceeding revenue (by too much) over a set amount of time - it's not about "I think we deserve to net spend €450m, because we were bad".

.Phil1968

I went up there in 1990 in our FA cup game . After the final whistle, we won 3-2 , their fans ran onto the pitch towards us but stopped halfway to let the police catch up with them. One of their little scroats put our coach window in on the way out of their shithole, nearly froze to death by Scotch Corner. Hated the bastards ever since.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
I mean I'm sure the Saudis won't just blunder into a FFP ban, but the rule is about financials, spending not exceeding revenue (by too much) over a set amount of time - it's not about "I think we deserve to net spend €450m, because we were bad".
It was quite widely reported when the takeover happened that we were able to spend £400m-500m without breaching FFP. The club have said time and time again that they are operating within those boundaries, which is why we're still padding our bench with youth and players who were with us in the Championship season. It's not "deserve to" spend, it's "able to". The club have spent that money exceptionally well when you compare to the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd.

I'd imagine someone will fall into the Bruno Guimaraes £100m release clause trap sooner or later too, which is when things will really get interesting, as that would generate another £400m or so in FFP if reinvested smartly.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
There’s absolutely nothing in PL Rules that prevented PIF from taking over Newcastle, had there been so it wouldn’t have happened.
There should be.
I don’t understand all the hostility towards Newcastle. Yes they have rich owners
The problem isn't the fact they have rich owners (most PL clubs do), it's who those owners are.

Their fans are also unsufferable and deluded.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The problem isn't the fact they have rich owners (most PL clubs do), it's who those owners are.

Their fans are also unsufferable and deluded.
I thought he was joking when he said that he doesn’t understand the hostility towards Newcastle.

The-Mezzala

They are flavour of the month with the media atm. Miss the days when they were irrelevant. Love how they try to make digs about us wanting The Glazers out. Yet they were doing the same with Ashley. Side note. Eddie Howe is a brilliant coach. Turned Almiron, Gordan, Schar and Longstaff careers around. All looked bang average prem players. Shows how important good coaching is.

SirScholes

There’s absolutely nothing in PL Rules that prevented PIF from taking over Newcastle, had there been so it wouldn’t have happened.
There are a host of reasons why, but Newcastle fans are the biggest hypocrites I’ve met so wouldn’t expect anything different

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Lot of big talk on the other thread …Thought we deserved it with half a side out. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
Massive gulf between the two teams based on the two games so far this season. Can't quite believe how bad Manchester United were tonight, compared to the cup final and old trafford game last season. The first 75 minutes were as easy a game as we've had at home probably since Spurs.

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Quality control
Fantastic win for my team given the injuries, got to add it was the WORST away support I’ve seen this season by a mile….

eire-red

Fantastic win for my team given the injuries, got to add it was the WORST away support I’ve seen this season by a mile….
What a well thought out first post.

You'll be a real asset on here.

The-Mezzala

still bitter about Keegan meltdown in 96. Joke of a club. Enjoy the hollow victories while they last. Once the premier league charge City. Your Saudi money will soon disappear back to the corrupt country it belongs in.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Ban Hammer? Uniteds away support is always magnificent, and was audibly outsinging the Geordie faithful unless the puddled magpie cnuts were singing Man Utd never die :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Redstain

Massive gulf between the two teams based on the two games so far this season. Can't quite believe how bad Manchester United were tonight, compared to the cup final and old trafford game last season. The first 75 minutes were as easy a game as we've had at home probably since Spurs.
It's nice to see some realisation, the issue for United this season hasn't been results but the performances. The teams gone backwards.

Offsideagain

Come on folks, we were battered tonight by the better side. They were faster and fitter. They looked as if they had a plan and stuck to it. They won every ball more or less for 75 minutes. Howe is a much better coach that ETH.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hard to outsing a stadium of topless demented morally bankrupt and brainwashed fans tbf.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
It's nice to see some realisation, the issue for United this season hasn't been results but the performances. The teams gone backwards.
Looks to me like the players aren't interested in playing for the manager. Last season you played with intensity, it was just completely non existent tonight. Considering how bare-bones we are and that the same players have played 3 games in a week with no subs, it's baffling how comfortable you made it for us.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looks to me like the players aren't interested in playing for the manager. Last season you played with intensity, it was just completely non existent tonight. Considering how bare-bones we are and that the same players have played 3 games in a week with no subs, it's baffling how comfortable you made it for us.
How on earth do they run so much? I don’t understand how they can do that with such intensity after 3 games in a week with zero subs.

Pickle85

Love the barcodes signing up to gloat despite winning nothing of note in living memory and now existing as a Saudi sportswashing vehicle. Howay.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Love the barcodes signing up to gloat despite winning nothing of note in living memory and now existing as a Saudi sportswashing vehicle. Howay.
Bless them they got humiliated by us every season for about 20 years. You can’t blame them for jumping the gun after a couple of wins thanks to the Saudis giving them infinite money.