Haha Newcastle

TheReligion

Abusive
Massive gulf between the two teams based on tonight. Can't quite believe how bad Newcastle United were.. The first 75 minutes were as easy a game as Everton have had at home probably since Bournemouth.

Lyng

Putin met their owners today. What a lovely bunch.
The owners are cnuts of the highest order. I have stated on here before that I would stop supporting United if we got bought by the Saudis, but that doesnt mean the Newcastle fans had any part of the terrible acts of the owners.

GazTheLegend

Below us in the table despite being a far better team than us.
They raised their game for us. We will finish ahead of them again this season with a bit of luck and if we carry on our continual improvement. They're gonna miss Pope.

Today was a good day, and Goodison is gonna be a rock hard place to win all season now, and we've got it done.

GledTheRed

They raised their game for us. We will finish ahead of them again this season with a bit of luck and if we carry on our continual improvement. They're gonna miss Pope.

Today was a good day, and Goodison is gonna be a rock hard place to win all season now, and we've got it done.
They've ran round like lunatics against us since we walked to victory in the cup final last year.

Set of wankers.

Marvin look out

They also raised their game against PSG twice , Arsenal and Chelsea.

We should take a comfortable lead in the coming weeks, they've been playing the same starting eleven without subs for weeks now. December is gona be hell for them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They’re also capable of losing to teams like Bournemouth as well. They up their game against the top teams but I’d expect them to drop more points and if they manage to keep up this intensity for a whole season then that’s questionable too.
I did say this. They raise their game against better teams but can easily just lose comfortably to anyone else.

BaguetteBoy

Everyone on about how bad this season has been for us so far yet we above Newcastle same points with early table topping spurs and 3 points behind city with so many injuries

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Everyone on about how bad this season has been for us so far yet we above Newcastle same points with early table topping spurs and 3 points behind city with so many injuries
Only 3 ahead of West Ham too, though.. Point is still valid of course, the injuries have been discarded too easily by too many, it’s hard to find rhythm for the team, off field drama comes on top.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I did say this. They raise their game against better teams but can easily just lose comfortably to anyone else.
It's not even just about losing. They drew the joint most games last season (along with Brentford), and drew over twice as many as any other side in the top four.

They might have only lost to City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Villa last season, but they also drew home and away to Palace, Bournemouth and Leeds, as well as drawing away to Wolves and Chelsea, and at home to West Ham and Leicester. That's 20 points dropped to bottom half teams.

This season they've already lost to Bournemouth and Everton, and drawn against West Ham and Wolves.

As their lot love drawing comparisons to us when it suits, they also went on a run of six games without a win, and also a run of five without a win last season, and lost three games on the bounce earlier this season, which are all worse than any run of form we've been on in that time.

Where they needed to turn their draws into wins, they actually seem to be turning them into defeats this time around, and have already lost more times in 15 games than they did in the whole campaign last season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One of those teams that is near invincible at home but they are vulnerable away, just the one away win at Sheffield United so far.

Thought Howe might've made a few chances tonight even if their bench is limited just to freshen up.

Think they'll lose at Spurs at the weekend aswell.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
One of those teams that is near invincible at home but they are vulnerable away, just the one away win at Sheffield United so far.

Thought Howe might've made a few chances tonight even if their bench is limited just to freshen up.

Think they'll lose at Spurs at the weekend aswell.
Insert Spiderman meme here

es-muellert

Supports
Bayern München
Having a football club is not particularly a good investment. Requires a lot of investment, work, etc. with little RoI. If you have billions and billions, like PIF do, and your concern is returns/dividends, you don't invest in a club. So yes, it was bought with the sole purpose of sports washing, of course. How anyone can argue otherwise is absurd - does anyone think that PIF has any emotional connection to the city of Newcastle or SJP? That Sheikh Mansour cares about Manchester?
You are literally describing sports washing.
Then why are other institutional Investors investing into sport clubs if there's no money to be made?

PSG just sold parts of PSG to Arctos Partners, an US investor. Do you think they bought it to burn money?

Just look at the value accrual of sport clubs in the past. Not even only football clubs, also successful NFL or NBA franchises...

Winrar

They weren't garbage for that final but Man United certainly was on Saturday, and starting with Rashford, Martial was like playing with 9 men.
We weren't that great in the final but I don't think we were in any threat of losing it especially once we went ahead. Karius actually was the best player for them that day.

Last saturday though... yeah we were lucky it only finished 1-0.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
Taking a thread off topic
Massive gulf between the two teams based on tonight. Can't quite believe how bad Newcastle United were.. The first 75 minutes were as easy a game as Everton have had at home probably since Bournemouth.
Massive gulf between the two teams based on this afternoon, can't quite believe....etc.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
They’re also capable of losing to teams like Bournemouth as well. They up their game against the top teams but I’d expect them to drop more points and if they manage to keep up this intensity for a whole season then that’s questionable too.
Frankly I'm astounded that this has come back to bite you. At least we only lose to teams like Bournemouth on our travels ;)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Frankly I'm astounded that this has come back to bite you. At least we only lose to teams like Bournemouth on our travels ;)
How’s that come back to bite me? :lol:

I don’t think I ever said we weren’t capable of the same. We lost to Palace at home earlier in the season and they’re even shitter.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
How’s that come back to bite me? :lol:

I don’t think I ever said we weren’t capable of the same. We lost to Palace at home earlier in the season and they’re even shitter.
I mean the wink implied that I wasn't being fully serious, but to respond to your original point, the post you were replying to was comparing the performances of the two clubs and the different media perceptions.

Newcastle may be capable of losing to "teams like Bournemouth" on our travels (or Everton as seen the other night), certainly more so this season than last, but we haven't had this kind of result at home since Howe took charge. This why the perception is different.

TheReligion

Abusive
Surely if you can give it out you can take it back?
You’re here to troll. It’s even more obvious now given you were nowhere to be seen after Everton beat you yet you’re here at full time to dish it out on a United forum.

If the mods have any sense you’ll be banned.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
You’re here to troll. It’s even more obvious now given you were nowhere to be seen after Everton beat you yet you’re here at full time to dish it out on a United forum.

If the mods have any sense you’ll be banned.
I've posted after previous Newcastle defeats, quick search of my post history will show that. I logged in today to 3 notifications giving me grief for our tepid performance on Thursday which is absolutely fine as we deserved it. Newcastle fans have been through a decade of barely stringing two wins together, our egos aren't fragile enough to not be able to take a bit of banter after an embarrassing defeat.

Shame that is not the case for you.

TheReligion

Abusive
I've posted after previous Newcastle defeats, quick search of my post history will show that. I logged in today to 3 notifications giving me grief for our tepid performance on Thursday which is absolutely fine as we deserved it. Newcastle fans have been through a decade of barely stringing two wins together, our egos aren't fragile enough to not be able to take a bit of banter after a defeat.
As I say hopefully you’re banned.

I’ll now move you to ignore. Goodbye.