Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
By all accounts Ralf has rated Mejbri for quite a while so that itself gives me alittle more confidence that we may see him feature at times for the last hurdle of the campaign.

MUFC OK

Be surprised if he gets any more than about 15 mins of first team football before the end of the season.

OrcaFat

I sense Mejbri will be placed at the No.8 role replacing Fred . He never shy from showing up to receive balls and gets the skills to shield the balls and dribble with it , AKA control the rhythm . This is the most missing part of our midfielder and therefore Mejbri surely can secure a place in first team after he comes back from the tournaments.

On the other hand, I don't see Garner is ready for first team. He needs to develop massively on physicals before he has a claim on the No.6 role . Right now he is a liability in defense and on PL level it's easy to target & freeze him then cut off the transition .
Yeah, I like Hannibal at 8.

Of course, he would need the right blend of players around him as he has a very different skillset to Fred. I don’t think we have the right players at the club to be able to play Hannibal and Bruno as two 8s - the 6 would need to be top tier and the full backs would need to learn how to tuck into CM, workrate of the wide forwards would need to be higher than at present.

But I do like Hannibal at 8. He would change the way we play.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Loan him to Celtic for Wednesday for the match of the season. I could really see Hannibal being a club favourite somewhere like Celtic. Would he currently get enough games though.
They've just brought in a Japanese player that I was seriously impressed with when I caught 20 minutes the other day. Looked like he played the game in a similar style to Hannibal as well had a grace to his game.

Based Adnan

Weird why he's been benched most of the tourny. I thought he was among their best players at the Arab cup and one of the few who could actually get on the ball and play.

lloyd2wayne

They've just brought in a Japanese player that I was seriously impressed with when I caught 20 minutes the other day. Looked like he played the game in a similar style to Hannibal as well had a grace to his game.
Kyogo Furuhashi is more of a forward than a midfielder so I’m sure Hannibal’s playing time, IF he were to be loaned there won’t be affected. And you are right, Kyogo is an exciting player.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Our boy will be coming back and hopefully he tears it up, unfortunate tournament for the lad but such is life.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Isn't it realistic that he could be back in time for Boro?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I hope so, he must be desperate to get over a disappointing tournament for himself.
Could backfire though, we must go all in on the fa cup and even though I don't watch much of boro , these championship type clubs can be pretty vicious so considering his lack of inexperience i don't know if Ralf will take the risk.

united for life

Weird why he's been benched most of the tourny. I thought he was among their best players at the Arab cup and one of the few who could actually get on the ball and play.
they played with their second team at the Arab Cup. It was expected he’d be benched in this tournament

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Surely he could if we wanted to, Maybe the quarantine laws prevent it? Not very knowledgeable in that regard.
Yeah, that's my concern. Anyone know whether this is plausible? Could he fly in tomorrow and at least make training for Wednesday and train the couple of days before the match? What are the quarantine rules?

IrishMcD

Kyogo Furuhashi is more of a forward than a midfielder so I’m sure Hannibal’s playing time, IF he were to be loaned there won’t be affected. And you are right, Kyogo is an exciting player.
Reo Hatate is the player he was talking about, one of three new Japanese signings. He was MOTM on his debut

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah, that's my concern. Anyone know whether this is plausible? Could he fly in tomorrow and at least make training for Wednesday and train the couple of days before the match? What are the quarantine rules?
Ok so the uk government Website says that fully vaccinated need no testing or quarantine to enter so he'll be fine i guess.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ok so the uk government Website says that fully vaccinated need no testing or quarantine to enter so he'll be fine i guess.
Says there if you're not vaccinated you must quarantine for 10 days (rule change on the 11th). Guess we'll find out if he's vaccinated or not.

Red devil20

With martial and amad gone on loan..donny on the way out and greenwood about to be sacked, i really hope this lad gets some game time . Think he is going to be a top player

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nice to hear. Hopefully the game goes well so he can get some minutes.

Bwuk

Assuming all goes well I’d guess he’ll come on for Pogba about 70 mins in.

United in sin

Is Hannibal being groomed to be a b2b CM? I watched him deployed even deeper for Tunisia at the Arab cup. What position is he expected to settle into at United? I always thought he'd be a pure attacking mid in the mold of Iniesta and Ronaldinho (players he's mentioned looking up to when he was younger)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Is Hannibal being groomed to be a b2b CM? I watched him deployed even deeper for Tunisia at the Arab cup. What position is he expected to settle into at United? I always thought he'd be a pure attacking mid in the mold of Iniesta and Ronaldinho (players he's mentioned looking up to when he was younger)
Bryan Robson, permed hair & all.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Meh. He'll never be as good as Lecter.....

city-puma

He will be stronger and more versatile than both of them. At this stage, he seems able to play any position in midfield. I guess a more advanced midfield position might be the best way to get him involved from the beginning. I personally feel he could eventually become a really good deep-lying play maker in a few years.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Unfortunately I didn't. He seriously looks a player though, so elegant on the ball and works his socks off
I did a bit of Googling once it became apparent it wasn’t going to be Amads night. His dad is an ex Japanese pro baseball player and now a coach. Supposedly Hatate was potentially as good and could have gone that way. Baseball is absolutely massive in Japan. Anyway he looked the best player on the pitch yesterday. Celtic picked up another Japanese lad Furuhashi who seemed to be doing alright too until he got injured. Not expensive transfers but they are both already in their mid 20s

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I did a bit of Googling once it became apparent it wasn’t going to be Amads night. His dad is an ex Japanese pro baseball player and now a coach. Supposedly Hatate was potentially as good and could have gone that way. Baseball is absolutely massive in Japan. Anyway he looked the best player on the pitch yesterday. Celtic picked up another Japanese lad Furuhashi who seemed to be doing alright too until he got injured. Not expensive transfers but they are both already in their mid 20s
Yeah I think they signed 3 players from the J-league this January

Alemar

Hopefully Mejbri features today, looks like a good chance to impress

Status
Not open for further replies.