5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbackbebe

How did you come to that conclusion? Hannibal trains with the first team, has played for the first team, is the U-23 player of the year, has played in 2 full international tournaments for men (with MOTM awards to boot, and started in a final). He's played as a left forward, a 10, and an 8 and shines in all such positions - definitely way ahead of Iqbal at this stage of his career.

I do like the look of Iqbal though, excited to see him develop
He's named after a Carthegenian general who won silver medal in the battle of Zama - and who has never won a Ballon d'Or or a world cup. Can't be better.

On a serious note, Hannibal is light years ahead of Iqbal. He oozes class when he plays. Lots of work to still be done, but he's one kid who's going to have a great chance at making it big. Already played 11 matches for Tunisia by the age of 19.

RuudTom83

Its always better to see a players progress through the academy and into the first team. So I hope he is given a good chance before spending 30-40 million on another prospect..

Let him and Garner show if they have what it takes first.

Crick

Next season Hannibal and James Garner will play a lot for our first team. Garner has really pushed on this season at NF
Much more likely both will go out on loan to the championship but wouldn't be surprised if we sold Garner to NF with a buy back option. He looks settled there. Hannibal hasn't been great so far at the AFCON so if he can impress RR when he returns like Elanga will be critical. I think the one with a chance next year will be Laird as AWB doesn't suit an attacking manager which I would expect if RR is influencing the decision in the summer. However Mazraoui is available on a free and we would be crazy not to try and get him. Which would mean Laird v Dalot for the other slot and Dalot has been really trying in the last few weeks so all could be be back on loan.

dutchred

Much more likely both will go out on loan to the championship but wouldn't be surprised if we sold Garner to NF with a buy back option. He looks settled there. Hannibal hasn't been great so far at the AFCON so if he can impress RR when he returns like Elanga will be critical. I think the one with a chance next year will be Laird as AWB doesn't suit an attacking manager which I would expect if RR is influencing the decision in the summer. However Mazraoui is available on a free and we would be crazy not to try and get him. Which would mean Laird v Dalot for the other slot and Dalot has been really trying in the last few weeks so all could be be back on loan.
Mazraoui would be great (incidentally scored a great goal for Ajax v PSV today). Has always been good going forward but has improved a lot defensively over the last 2 years

Bertie Wooster

How did you come to that conclusion? Hannibal trains with the first team, has played for the first team, is the U-23 player of the year, has played in 2 full international tournaments for men (with MOTM awards to boot, and started in a final). He's played as a left forward, a 10, and an 8 and shines in all such positions - definitely way ahead of Iqbal at this stage of his career.

I do like the look of Iqbal though, excited to see him develop
Hannibal must currently have one of the highest ratios ever for percentage of senior games played / games played in international tournaments. Just one senior club appearance, and most of his first dozen international caps at two separate tournaments!

He's got plenty of ability and I'll be really disappointed if he doesn't establish himself in our first team squad at some point as he definitely has the potential.

He's up there with the likes of Pogba as the player I've most enjoyed watching coming through the youth teams, and most excited about seeing make it in the first team.

city-puma

Following what Elanga has done, I am confident Hannibal will establish himself in the first team this season. It’s written on the wall, guys!

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think he and Martial might give Ralf a reason to revive his beloved 4-2-2-2.
Nooooooo....

I think you're right though, i think he'll get closer to the first team and either play wide or we'll have him in the middle with McT and Bruno, or playas the no 10 when Bruno doesnt play

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think he and Martial might give Ralf a reason to revive his beloved 4-2-2-2.
Martial's done here, hopefully the pass yesterday is enough to get his transfer to Sevilla or Newcastle done.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Nooooooo....

I think you're right though, i think he'll get closer to the first team and either play wide or we'll have him in the middle with McT and Bruno, or playas the no 10 when Bruno doesnt play
I think he'll come on some games in the last 10 for Bruno. I'd be very surprised if he started any games in the league before the very tail end of the season depending on where we are at.

Elanga is currently nailing down the young forward role, whilst we can't forget Greenwood is still a kid himself. With Sancho, Rashford and Martial all options out wide his chances there will be limited. Plus we've already heard Ralfs thoughts on Pogbas return so he'll have extra competition potentially in that role next to Bruno in a 433.

Personally see his big chance coming next season depending on which manager we appoint and how many outgoings we end up having as it's quite possible we lose Pogba, Matic, DvB, Martial, Cavani this summer and there is no way we bring that many back in so some youngsters should get the chance to step up.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What's going on there? Was his first 45 minutes of the tournament so bad that he's now an unused sub? Hopefully he'll play a part in the quarter final against Burkina Faso. Hard to predict this tournament, but they are surely favourites in the next match.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don't see Hannibal as this destined to make it player he's made out to be.

He doesnt have the goals to be an attacking midfielder and he's missing quite a bit defensively to make it in a deeper position.

He's a nice and tidy player, a bit like VDB but with a better dribble and no goals. If he was older he would be called a nothing player.

He's got a long way to go.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He doesnt have the goals to be an attacking midfielder and he's missing quite a bit defensively to make it in a deeper position.

He's a nice and tidy player, a bit like VDB but with a better dribble and no goals. If he was older he would be called a nothing player.

He's nothing like van de Beek.

Bwuk

He’s a cert to be in the first team next season.

VdB, Matic, Pogba, Mata & Lingard are all going to go.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's nothing like van de Beek.
And the ‘if he was older he’d be a nothing player’ part — yeah, but he isn’t. He’s at the age where you develop those parts missing to his game. If we write off every 19 year old because they don’t yet have the desired skill set we’d be left with nobody going forwards in football

VanDeBank

Ma’am
And the ‘if he was older he’d be a nothing player’ part — yeah, but he isn’t. He’s at the age where you develop those parts missing to his game. If we write off every 19 year old because they don’t yet have the desired skill set we’d be left with nobody going forwards in football
Learn to read. I was criticizing the statements that said he was practically ready to be in our first team. He really isn't. Nowhere did I say I'm writing him off, I just said he has a long way to go.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Learn to read. I was criticizing the statements that said he was practically ready to be in our first team. He really isn't. Nowhere did I say I'm writing him off, I just said he has a long way to go.
Stylistically he's very similar to Grealish who is perhaps likewise not as productive as you'd ideally want, but is nonetheless clearly an excellent player. And he still has time to add to his game so I wouldn't worry about him at this stage in the slightest.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What's going on there? Was his first 45 minutes of the tournament so bad that he's now an unused sub? Hopefully he'll play a part in the quarter final against Burkina Faso. Hard to predict this tournament, but they are surely favourites in the next match.
The issue he is that the team is coached to shithouse their way to wins and physical players are selected for the task at hand. The build up phase is broken and Tunisian matches normally turn into physical battles with little thought, seemingly given to progressing play, especially against decent teams. Having watched all their matches since Hannibal was first capped, it seems he's instructed to keep it simple, which restricts him. Because he's a player that likes to play with some freedom to express himself and likes to play risky passes threading the lines. I'm expecting Hannibal to play with more freedom under a coach like Rangnick due to the clear emphasis on playing vertical passes, which I believe suits Hannibal.

I wouldn't expect him to start anymore games in the tournament unless there's a injury or suspension. And that imo is down to the approach of the head coach, who looks to shit house his way to wins in a mid to low block, with the aim to have more players involved in defensive transitions who aren't even good at progressing play.

They beat Nigeria earlier and that was mainly down to a keeping error. And to win tournaments you don't necessarily have to play great football.

Kramer

Hannibal is a very diff player compared to VDB. He has a much better passing range than VDB for starters.

Sure - nobody is destined to make it. But I would say he def has the ability.

Be interesting to see how he handles the step up to men’s football. Hoping he gets some mins when he’s back from AFCON

Bestietom

Yep. Completely agree.

He's the kind of player I absolutely love to watch. My first World Cup memory was 1986, and I fell in love with the ball playing #10 and they've remained my favourite type to watch.

I love the way Hannibal is always wanting to get on the ball and, when he does, how he has the vision and technique to spot the right balls and play them effectively. It's been great watching him at youth levels and possibly even more so seeing him play like this at senior international level.

I think he'd really fit into the 4-2-2-2 system well and really hope he gets some opportunites to showcase his ability with the first team.
Hannibal would fit in the 4-3-3 system also. He played that system more in Academy and Under 23 where he got player of the year.

OmarUnited4ever

Agreed, I hope he gets a top flight loan in PL/BuLi, La Liga next season, with a team that can give him consistent game time for a full season, hopefully after that, he can be integrated with the first team alongside quality midfielders (with Pogba, Matic leaving, probably VdB too, I hope we bring in at least one DM and one CM with McFred as squad options).

Bertie Wooster

Hannibal would fit in the 4-3-3 system also. He played that system more in Academy and Under 23 where he got player of the year.
Oh, absolutely.

I must have posted that about 4-2-2-2 when that was the potential formation under Rangnick.

But, yeah, I've seen Hannibal plenty in the youth teams and he played very well in mostly 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formations.

SAF is the GOAT

Now with Martial's expected departure - I reckon that he'll get a lot more chance to shine

afatzp

I sense Mejbri will be placed at the No.8 role replacing Fred . He never shy from showing up to receive balls and gets the skills to shield the balls and dribble with it , AKA control the rhythm . This is the most missing part of our midfielder and therefore Mejbri surely can secure a place in first team after he comes back from the tournaments.

On the other hand, I don't see Garner is ready for first team. He needs to develop massively on physicals before he has a claim on the No.6 role . Right now he is a liability in defense and on PL level it's easy to target & freeze him then cut off the transition .

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I sense Mejbri will be placed at the No.8 role replacing Fred . He never shy from showing up to receive balls and gets the skills to shield the balls and dribble with it , AKA control the rhythm . This is the most missing part of our midfielder and therefore Mejbri surely can secure a place in first team after he comes back from the tournaments.

On the other hand, I don't see Garner is ready for first team. He needs to develop massively on physicals before he has a claim on the No.6 role . Right now he is a liability in defense and on PL level it's easy to target & freeze him then cut off the transition .
Nah, it's not. It's a part of the problem but not having anyone capable of breaking up play and re-distributing the ball is our biggest problem.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The issue he is that the team is coached to shithouse their way to wins and physical players are selected for the task at hand. The build up phase is broken and Tunisian matches normally turn into physical battles with little thought, seemingly given to progressing play, especially against decent teams. Having watched all their matches since Hannibal was first capped, it seems he's instructed to keep it simple, which restricts him. Because he's a player that likes to play with some freedom to express himself and likes to play risky passes threading the lines. I'm expecting Hannibal to play with more freedom under a coach like Rangnick due to the clear emphasis on playing vertical passes, which I believe suits Hannibal.

I wouldn't expect him to start anymore games in the tournament unless there's a injury or suspension. And that imo is down to the approach of the head coach, who looks to shit house his way to wins in a mid to low block, with the aim to have more players involved in defensive transitions who aren't even good at progressing play.

They beat Nigeria earlier and that was mainly down to a keeping error. And to win tournaments you don't necessarily have to play great football.
Cheers for that. Shame that after selecting to represent Tunisia and that incredible hyped up promo they did, that he's then considered a luxury player for an anti-football manager. You know how well backed their manager is?

Alemar

Why did he lose a place in this less-than-talented Tunisia team? It doesn’t make any sense to be frank

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Cheers for that. Shame that after selecting to represent Tunisia and that incredible hyped up promo they did, that he's then considered a luxury player for an anti-football manager. You know how well backed their manager is?
Their head coach Mondher Kebaier is probably quite popular now, after knocking Nigeria out of the tournament, who were among the favourites to win the tournament.

Also I feel the experience has been good for Hannibal since he was first capped by his NT. It's just a pity that the current head coach's ideas aren't conducive to playing a proactive game through the lines.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, it's obviously put him on the map to progress from the U23s plight, playing as a full international. And his latest comments about wanting to impress to get a chance in the first team when he arrives back are good to read (he's always come across as highly motivated and humble).

If Tunisia lose against Burkina Faso it's over a week until our Cup game against Boro, so conceivable that he's available. If Tunisia go out in the semis it's only 5-6 days prior to the Cup game. Not sure if he'll be available then, with regards to travelling and covid measures, but it's not like he's playing so he won't be fatigued. Of course it would be great for them to win it, and for him, but assuming they won't, that Boro game is such an opportunity to get right in there.

Mr PG

Elanga looked lost and Ralf has come in and given him proper coaching he looks a different player.

Elanga in one of the interviews mentioned how he’s benefited from the high intensity training and he feels indebted to the boss.

Bondi77

Elanga looked lost and Ralf has come in and given him proper coaching he looks a different player.

Elanga in one of the interviews mentioned how he’s benefited from the high intensity training and he feels indebted to the boss.
He did not look lost when he played against Wolves last season under Ole and he scored a good header from a cracking delivery from James if my memory serves me correctly.
I think he paid the price for Sancho coming in and losing game time but it looks like Ralf has simply identified Elanga is more direct and quicker and physical so it suits the current game plan.

Mr PG

There’s a reason Elanga was being sent on loan …. he didn’t look ready under Ole.. 1 start under Ralf and I was impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.