Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Juan Mata is done at the club now what is the point in having him in the squad. Lindelof is on the bench, so why on earth is Jones there as well?

Why does every manager insist on having players in the squad with no future at the cub.

Bwuk

Really annoys me that he wasn’t on the bench

daveskimufc

Hope to see him in the next few games as we need the depth in MF, especially with atletico in 2 weeks

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wonder when he'll get his chance ?
He’ll probably have a lot of opportunities next season. Still, with Elanga’s emergence it’d be nice to give Hannibal a few games to see what he can do at senior level. Although a bit tricky when every game is a must win if we want to secure top 4.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s not ready for us. Same craic as Amad. Way way too good for u23s and has a big future. Needs a loan or two to see just how good he can become. I reckon this guy is a weapon. He’ll do the pereira thing but eventually be a player for us.

Bwuk

Played well for the u19s against Dortmund. When he imposed himself he was very good, but at times he was fading in and out.

Needs to be playing regularly. The talent is there.

MDFC Manager

Way too good for the U19 level, but is he ready for the first team? Difficult decisions with regards to his development, I don't know if a loan would help.

Drainy

Introduce him to some games this season. We're not exactly swimming in depth of players who are going to be here next season onwards anyway and he's got a lot of grit similar to Elanga.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I feel like this guy is going to be absolutely central to the ‘new’ United over the coming years. He represents everything modern about central midfield in his energy, use of his first touch to evade players and high technical ability.

For kids to make it here timing is so important. There are players I’ve seen that I’ve felt if, by chance, they got to get a run of games they could be useful players. Luck is so important. Sometimes the player has the talent but are maybe one year too young when the right time occurs. Or injured. And then the door closes. He’s in a position now where he’s just about ready enough to be given some first team minutes and the team is just about ready enough for him to do so too. Pogba leaving, question marks over every single midfielder here too. If he gets no significant injury in the next year, I’m sure he’ll establish himself here in that time.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s not ready for us. Same craic as Amad. Way way too good for u23s and has a big future. Needs a loan or two to see just how good he can become. I reckon this guy is a weapon. He’ll do the pereira thing but eventually be a player for us.
Not all young talents need a loan. Rashford and Elanga didn’t, for example.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Seriously, just play him. Either he performs, or learns. And since we're already poor in midfield, some new energy might help

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I wouldn't put him into any of our March fixtures. It wouldn't be fair to him. After that though, unleash the kid. Why not?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's a quality young player, so naturally I want him to get games for us. We are still giving minutes to Lingard.
Barely. And we are still giving (occasional) minutes to Lingard because he’s a good player and we still need players to contribute In the here and now.

Someone like Mata is perhaps a fairer question mark, although he plays even less than Lingard. I actually think Lingard should have started yesterday ahead of either Bruno or Pogba in the roles they played. He’d have been better suited.

Remember the geese

Barely. And we are still giving (occasional) minutes to Lingard because he’s a good player and we still need players to contribute In the here and now.

Someone like Mata is perhaps a fairer question mark, although he plays even less than Lingard. I actually think Lingard should have started yesterday ahead of either Bruno or Pogba in the roles they played. He’d have been better suited.
I wouldn't give Lingard the time of day. He has no future here. Plan around those who have.

RuudTom83

Not in March, the fixture list is brutal, what good would it do him playing in a side which is not full of confidence. Let the first team try and clean up the mess instead.

Far better to wait for a moment closer to the end of this season or next season after a full pre-season with the first team.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I wouldn't give Lingard the time of day. He has no future here. Plan around those who have.
Everyone’s future is relative. Ragnick has no future. Lingard has a few months. Maybe Shaw has a few more months than him. Maybe Bruno a year more. Everyone has a future, just differing lengths. None of them will likely retire here. What does it matter at 3pm on a Saturday?

Fans need to get past players being in their final year of contract being something that requires some sort of punishment. Right now, Lingard is in the squad that we have available to navigate THIS season. And we are still in it.

AFC NimbleThumb

Everyone’s future is relative. Ragnick has no future. Lingard has a few months. Maybe Shaw has a few more months than him. Maybe Bruno a year more. Everyone has a future, just differing lengths. None of them will likely retire here. What does it matter at 3pm on a Saturday?

Fans need to get past players being in their final year of contract being something that requires some sort of punishment. Right now, Lingard is in the squad that we have available to navigate THIS season. And we are still in it.
Well put. I would add though I believe a Mata in his final months differs to a Lingard in his final months who differs to a Pogba.

You don’t drop Pogba when your options are McFred & the ghost of Matic. We saw how good Lingard can be at West Ham last year so him being around the squad was somewhat fair , he was under-utilised for long periods this season. Now my issue is in a case like that of Mata, his future regardless of contract should be a training option but involving him in games feels like a slap in the fact to youth at the club.

Coops73

I’d really like to see him get a few games now, I understand that starting him in next couple of games might be too much but sadly I can’t see us getting 4th now and I’d be really surprised to see us progress much further in the CL with the way we are playing, so give him a few minutes in these tough games, give him a taste and see how he fairs.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Thanks for that. Haven't watched him in a while but he does seem to have matured since he first came in. He seems very controlled and keeping it simple with a good footballing brain whereas at the start he seemed a bit rash and trying one trick too many. Hopefully he gets his chance before the season ends.

united for life

It seems we’ll lose out on top 4. We night as well give these young players a run in the first team. The “senior” players look like kids anyway

Based Adnan

Can't think of any other club that would have 2 departing players in Lingard and Mata ahead of a talent like him on the bench

United in sin

I think it's criminal he hasn't been given more game time in the senior team. Not to sound sensationalist but he's in the same league as Bellingham and Camanviga in terms of pure talent.

He's done well when called up at senior national team level to boot. I expect him to play a major part in Tunisia's world cup campaign and this should force matters as far as his first prospects minute wise go next season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think it's criminal he hasn't been given more game time in the senior team. Not to sound sensationalist but he's in the same league as Bellingham and Camanviga in terms of pure talent.

He's done well when called up at senior national team level to boot. I expect him to play a major part in Tunisia's world cup campaign and this should force matters as far as his first prospects minute wise go next season.
I suppose there's an argument that us being rock bottom and playing crap football is not the best environment for him to come into and be dragged down by. But come next season under a better manager and better tactical organisation, if he's talented as everyone thinks he is I don't see why we shouldn't give him a shot. We desperately need some technical quality in midfield.

Lost bear

Yes, I really like the guy. He is a lovely passer of the ball, always forward, usually accurate. He also has a very nice first touch, technical skills and tons of energy. I do hope he makes it here, there's so much potential in him. Let's hope we get a manager that will be brave enough to give him a shot.

edcunited1878

Bellingham was playing senior first team football at 16. Camavinga at 16/17.

Hannibal hasn't played more than 5 games at senior level, but same age as the above. He's clearly behind those two in terms of temperament, talent, and reliability. He'll hopefully improve in those 3 areas with more playing time and get to a very good level, but right now, he's not at the same level.

And for country, he's hardly featured for them during WCQ or ACON.

He's a bright young talent, but no need to gas him up. Needs to earn his place like Bellingham and Camanviga have done for a couple of years in senior football.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Hannibal hasn't played more than 5 games at senior level, but same age as the above. He's clearly behind those two in terms of temperament, talent, and reliability. He'll hopefully improve in those 3 areas with more playing time and get to a very good level, but right now, he's not at the same level.

He's a bright young talent, but no need to gas him up. Needs to earn his place like Bellingham and Camanviga have done for a couple of years in senior football.
And opportunity. Its very rare for players especially in his potition to get games at senior level at top PL clubs. Bellingham was playing in the championship and Camavinga Ligue 1.

Mejbri would have more senior games by now had he joined a lower club

jesperjaap

I think people need to pay attention to international football, great he is already playing it and breaking through there. But he is palying for Tunisia AND was an unused substitute in two huge play off games.

I am exctied about him and want to se him get minutes, maybe he can come in and take his opportunity straight away within our side and get a place, but the international games maybe show where he is at currently, a great talent but maybe not quite ready yet

United in sin

He's a bright young talent, but no need to gas him up. Needs to earn his place like Bellingham and Camavinga have done for a couple of years in senior football.
I think a lot in your post reflects the thinking of top English clubs. These kids are never ready it seems. There's too much pressure at this level to produce results and buy the finished product.

As the poster a few posts above stated, lesser leagues afford kids more time to develop in the first team at earlier stages of their careers. Clubs like Ajax and Dortmund have made this part of their business model, Ajax more so since they focus on developing players in-house.

I'm certain Habbibal would be getting more opportunities outside England in my humble opinion. By the way he played in the Arab cup as well. I also don't know how you can conclude that his temperament is less suitable for first team football than Bellingham and Camavinga. What do you base that on?

Last edited:

NoPace

Really nice lack of weight on his passes in this. Makes it easy for his teammates to do something with the ball.

If the next manager wants to use Bruno out wide because he loses possession often, and we don't want to buy a winger with Diallo, Elanga and others probably better bets to get real playing time soon than what we have elsewhere, is it insane to think he and Fred in front of a new DM can see us actually control some games?

Status
Not open for further replies.