Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Actually, for the people saying he was foolish etc - being combative and disruptive is exactly what we needed yesterday. An Atletico style game ruining display is what Manchester United needed to show. Like throwing on Phil Neville who once pretended to play football but just spent the entire match kicking Antonio Reyes. I like footy when it's attractive but sometimes you have to be go ugly.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This guys obviously got a lot of talent but he also needs to keep his temper down… he’s got a red card in him as you can tell with the challenges he was making, and I’ve seen him sent of for the u21 before.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It just occurred to me that his hair reminds me of Valderrama. I won't complain if he's anywhere near as good.
He seems to have the right mentality and that goes a long way to do things for ya.

Red_toad

Actually, for the people saying he was foolish etc - being combative and disruptive is exactly what we needed yesterday. An Atletico style game ruining display is what Manchester United needed to show. Like throwing on Phil Neville who once pretended to play football but just spent the entire match kicking Antonio Reyes. I like footy when it's attractive but sometimes you have to be go ugly.
He'd have gotten sent off, wouldn't have helped having 10 v 11. Neville wasn't as obvious with his fouls.
Loved his commitment but probably would have gotten a red if the match had gone on much longer.

Lynty

He'd have gotten sent off, wouldn't have helped having 10 v 11. Neville wasn't as obvious with his fouls.
Loved his commitment but probably would have gotten a red if the match had gone on much longer.
And he would know that.

The kid got sent out with the game done. He obviously wants minutes and is probably looking at this bunch of players thinking he should be out their everyweek, so he did the one thing sure to win him praise - he kicked a scouser.

You can't discredit enthusiam. I'd do the exact same thing if I wanted more minutes, especially if your sitting there watching your teammates saunter around the pitch for 80+ minutes.

amolbhatia50k

Yes but he's young. If the experienced pros exerted a bit of that aggression it would have helped. It's about his performance but his endeavor.

romufc

Not going to lie, when you are young and brought up in the academy, when you watch your team getting bullied by your rivals, I would rather see that than what the other players did, shy out of challenges.

He knew he had to make a mark on the game and the best way is by being aggressive.

Frank Grimes

I hate this over excitement that a section of United fans seem to get with any young player doing basically any feckin thing.
Not going to blame him too much for the goal as it was a bad ball to give him but that's about it. Will be interesting to see how he progresses in years to come.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why not play the lad until the end of the season. We are playing Elanga and this kid is by far a better prospect. We aren’t coming 4th anyway.

Jonesno.8

And he would know that.

The kid got sent out with the game done. He obviously wants minutes and is probably looking at this bunch of players thinking he should be out their everyweek, so he did the one thing sure to win him praise - he kicked a scouser.

You can't discredit enthusiam. I'd do the exact same thing if I wanted more minutes, especially if your sitting there watching your teammates saunter around the pitch for 80+ minutes.
"so he did the one thing sure to win him praise - he kicked a scouser"

Classic

mancsarered

My biggest fear as a United fan in relation to youth is how long it'll take for them to be corrupted by the persona of our cancerous dressing room. I'd imagine it's hard to stay hungry and driven when you're surrounded by that lot.

I'd almost like to keep the youngsters away from them until you've got a proper manager with a new crop of personalities.

Stadjer

I hate this over excitement that a section of United fans seem to get with any young player doing basically any feckin thing.
Not going to blame him too much for the goal as it was a bad ball to give him but that's about it. Will be interesting to see how he progresses in years to come.
He ran and kicked Liverpool players... that is enough for some. Desire and passion talk i guess?

Hannibal is supposed to be a very good footballer, i cant wait to see that but to heap praise on him for running and kicking (and could have been sent off) is over the top. Glad other people managed to get some enjoyment out of the Liverpool game that way though since there wasnt much else to praise or enjoy as a Manchester United fan.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Immature performance from a youth player thrown into a game with no leaders around and the team 2-0 down. What do you expect. The criticism is unwarranted
Neither is the praise, to be fair. He pretty much fared how any kid in that situation would, as said he was thrown to the wolves.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
If anyone has a problem or think he's gone too far then you've lost your minds. Keita's out there stamping on players and no one's done a thing. The kid gets on the pitch throws himself about and if you noticed, shortly after Bruno started leaving a late on them as well. The inability to show any fight whatsoever is a problem. Heads dropping is a part of the problem. The senior players don't play for every ball even when we're winning, when we're losing they've already given up.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
This is what happens with young players, over hype. See Marcus rashford for perfect example.
Rashford was a local lad who came on and scored goals from the get go.

Hannibal has come on and kicked a lad. Settle down with your hyperbole, no one is naming him the new Keane.

ForeverRed1

Rashford was a local lad who came on and scored goals from the get go.

Hannibal has come on and kicked a lad. Settle down with your hyperbole, no one is naming him the new Keane.
google his name and read the news :lol: no hyperbole about it, he’s being praised to hell because he made some tough tackles. We need to learn from putting mass pressure on youngsters right away

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The best thing about his performance was that he didn't seem in any way overawed by the occasion. Quite the opposite in fact. We know he has talent, but to see him not shrink was a cause for optimism.

Oh, and someone on my WhatsApp group commented after his yellow card that he was getting a Hannibal Lecture, which made me laugh

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
google his name and read the news :lol: no hyperbole about it, he’s being praised to hell because he made some tough tackles. We need to learn from putting mass pressure on youngsters right away
No one is saying he's the second coming though. They're giving him credit for having some heart and showing something about himself. What's the harm in that?

amolbhatia50k

Give him game time now. May prove himself to be an option for next season.

Gandalf

I don't think anyone is getting carried away here, we know he is a legitimate talent and one of the few academy players that most qualified pundits feel will have a career at the top of the game. The fact that he had a bit of piss and vinegar about him last night was enjoyable in the context of a game in which we had been humiliated and the senior pros had taken their beating with a whimper not a bang. I am sure he knows and the coaches know he will need to be more level headed over a full 90 minutes.

The fact is that we opted to keep him here when he came back from international duty in January rather than loan him out with the notion he would get game time with the first team. Last night was the first time we actually followed through on that which frankly is an indictment of our current coaching setup. We most definitely would be better served playing Hannibal in our remaining games rather than Pogba, Matic or Lingard who are leaving on a free and already have their minds on a beach somewhere.

Levi1

We should just play the youth team for all future matches for the rest of the season. And if a "senior" player shows real promise and diligence in training, he can be promoted to train with the youth.

Trex

I love him already, just his pashun will take him far.....he's like Scott but can actually play football.

MUFC OK

In before we get our wish and he starts against Arsenal, only to get sent off in the first half.

lex talionis

Should start getting starts. feck Jlingz and we can let Pogba work on his next gig.

Thiagoal

The kid came on and clearly showed to the world he was pissed off with lack of effort his senior ‘pro’s’ were putting in. He was also annoyed that Liverpool ( our greatest rivals) were able to pass the ball around like it was a training game.

The kid showed character which is far more than the rest showed in the whole match! Yes- footballing wise- he didn’t do much but if the rest of the team cared as much as Mejbri did then at least we’d have made life uncomfortable for the Scouse

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
This guy should be considered the replacement for Pogba. You can see he’s got attributes similar to Pogba, except the fact that Mejbri actually gets stuck in. No problems whatsoever with how he played when he came on. Neville was right, he was the only one who actually got near the Liverpool players and that says all you need to know about him. I like to think he was a little disgusted that his team were played off the park and loved to see him put himself about. I haven’t seen a United player do this since Sir Alex left. Give him this summer to bulk up, which I am sure he will do and he’ll be knocking on ETH door next season. We already have talent in the ranks.

jesperjaap

I agree, the passion, desire and wanting to get involved and leave a mark (literally) is a good sign on top of his talent.

Other side of the coin, is it does need to be harnessed in the right way as he progresses and learns. Lets nto forget he could have been sent off in just 5mins on the pitch, but we certainly need some of that though diluted in the side, Ragnick has mentioned it a couple of times already himself...hopefully that gets him some more game time before the end of the season for experience and that we can see how ready he is. There are 3/4 youngsters that could save us a lot of money in the transfer window this summer, which is important considering all the outgoings and new players we need

clonsolar

Don't play any players whose mind is not in the game and thoughts are not on next season. Lingard, Pogba, etc all don't give a damn is we qualify for Europe. Play the kids of the future.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He ran and kicked Liverpool players... that is enough for some. Desire and passion talk i guess?
It's not enough, but it's more than 90% of the players on the pitch actually managed. In a derby against your biggest rivals you expect a bit of fight, not another 4-0 thrashing and to clap them off the pitch.

Mejbri did what all our players should have been doing from minute 1 - make it competitive. If you can't beat them with the ball you sure well beat them off it.

There's a reason why many people are happy with what he did, it shows he's got the bottle to step up and fight for his team. Now that is the passion we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.