Hannibal Mejbri image 46

Hannibal Mejbri Tunisia flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olecurls99

Loads of ability this fella and seems like a real good fit for Ten Hag. I'd give him every cup game to see if he's ready.

city-puma

I remember he has been there from day 1. Not playing today is indeed a worrying sign.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Disappointed to not see him involved again.

In Rainbows

Luck is an important factor in a youngster's career. Basically Savage and Iqbal arriving a week earlier to get themselves fitter and a little more time to get to know ETH's ideas, combined with them actually taking their chance as compared to most youngsters has left Hannibal without playing time in the 2 pre season matches. Those would normally be his minutes.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Thought he would be nailed on to see minutes over someone like Chong?
Different role. Chong is a winger. Hannibal can play there but I can see why the coaching staff opted for someone to play their natural role.

Agree. But pleasantly surprised by Savage and Zidane.

Luck is an important factor in a youngster's career. Basically Savage and Iqbal arriving a week earlier to get themselves fitter and a little more time to get to know ETH's ideas, combined with them actually taking their chance as compared to most youngsters has left Hannibal without playing time in the 2 pre season matches. Those would normally be his minutes.
This is also true. However, we have to also consider that maybe Ten Hag is seeing things we aren't. I am sure Hannibal will get a chance if he's impressing the manager.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Different role. Chong is a winger. Hannibal can play there but I can see why the coaching staff opted for someone to play their natural role.

Agree. But pleasantly surprised by Savage and Zidane.

This is also true. However, we have to also consider that maybe Ten Hag is seeing things we aren't. I am sure Hannibal will get a chance if he's impressing the manager.
Chong mainly played winger in the youth but spent his time at Brum in the 6/8 roles.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Maybe he lack something physicall? Impressed by the endurance/legs of Iqbal/Savage.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe he lack something physicall? Impressed by the endurance/legs of Iqbal/Savage.
He's ahead of both in that regard and his endurance and high levels of fitness have been highlighted by the club via Laurie Whitwell in The Athletic. Physically and athletically he's ahead of both Savage and Iqbal.

I think if I was to speculate with the added information from ten Hag (below). I'd say ten Hag has already made his mind up about Hannibal and is giving game time to the youngsters he's still undecided on. Or he's teaching Hannibal a lesson, so he controls his temperament/emotions on the pitch.

Bwuk

He's ahead of both in that regard and his endurance and high levels of fitness have been highlighted by the club via Laurie Whitwell in The Athletic. Physically and athletically he's ahead of both Savage and Iqbal.

I think if I was to speculate with the added information from ten Hag (below). I'd say ten Hag has already made his mind up about Hannibal and is giving game time to the youngsters he's still undecided on. Or he's teaching Hannibal a lesson, so he controls his temperament/emotions on the pitch.

He needs a loan if he's not going to be getting somewhat regular minutes.

Bwuk

I think he'll get minutes whether he stays or goes on loan.
I'm not sure he will if he stays.

He's got a lot of competition for the positions he'd play (AM/CM/LW). It'll be hard for him to get regular minutes. Perhaps keep him for the Europa Group stages/League Cup then review in January.

khoazany

Maybe it's simply that he's viewed as a 10 so ETH wanna play Bruno and VdB first ahead of him. Same with how Garnacho hasn't been played. We have more than 22 players so some will play less.

In Rainbows

Maybe it's simply that he's viewed as a 10 so ETH wanna play Bruno and VdB first ahead of him. Same with how Garnacho hasn't been played. We have more than 22 players so some will play less.
It's possible, but I would have to question who relays that info to Ten Hag. Pigeonholing him at such a young age when he's been good in a variety of positions (and originally was a cm as you know).

Bertie Wooster

I've thoroughly enjoyed the two friendlies, and it's been good seeing some of the youngsters like Laird, Savage, Iqbal get plenty of minutes.

But the one disappointment so far has been not getting to see the three youngsters I most enjoy watching - Hannibal, Garnacho and Fernandez (who's not even on the tour).

I can understand Garnacho - he's younger than the rest (only just turned 18) so just being on the tour is a good achievement and others are currently ahead of him. But Hannibal is 18 months older and is an established international. Surprising and disappointing that he hasn't got a minute so far.

Hopefully he'll get a good run out against either Palace or Villa.

Stadjer

At this point, anyone would be. Has he even had a touch of the ball yet in 60mins of play? Maybe 2-3 touches?
That is a bit of of Donny his playstyle though. He will away from the ball or even run away from it to receive it after a smart run. He isnt really a playmaker who asks for the ball to dictate play. Havent seen the matches so i dont really know how he played though.

on Mejbri, i have no doubt ETH will give him a chance. He does give young players a chance and also likes technical players. Mejbri ticks both of those boxes.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That is a bit of of Donny his playstyle though. He will away from the ball or even run away from it to receive it after a smart run. He isnt really a playmaker who asks for the ball to dictate play. Havent seen the matches so i dont really know how he played though.

on Mejbri, i have no doubt ETH will give him a chance. He does give young players a chance and also likes technical players. Mejbri ticks both of those boxes.
With 5 subs, I am sure quite a few of the academy lads will get their chances -- especially right after post-Qatar when the international players would be a bit worn down and major rotation will be required.

Bertie Wooster

With 5 subs, I am sure quite a few of the academy lads will get their chances -- especially right after post-Qatar when the international players would be a bit worn down and major rotation will be required.
True. Especially about the 5 subs. But then, in terms of Hannibal, with Tunisia qualifying then he's likely to be one of those international players who'll be at the World Cup in Qatar.

How far they get, and how many starts he makes, may be a different matter. But if he's taking part in the tournament then he might well be less fresh than some of the other academy players post-Qatar.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
True. Especially about the 5 subs. But then, in terms of Hannibal, with Tunisia qualifying then he's likely to be one of those international players who'll be at the World Cup in Qatar.

How far they get, and how many starts he makes, may be a different matter. But if he's taking part in the tournament then he might well be less fresh than some of the other academy players post-Qatar.
Aah, I had forgotten Tunisia qualified.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I reckon it's something to do with his attitude. I saw him throw a strop at Old Trafford last season when he wasn't used as a sub and I think Garnacho was brought in instead.

Disappointing because I was just looking forward to seeing him this tour. But really enjoying savages performance in midfield.

youmeletsfly

He won't get any minutes because of a simple reason. He does not seem to have a fixed position on the pitch.
He has loads of talent but you can't see a position where he'd fit best at the moment, as opposed to Savage and Iqbal.

He should be loaned out and revisited next year.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He won't get any minutes because of a simple reason. He does not seem to have a fixed position on the pitch.
He has loads of talent but you can't see a position where he'd fit best at the moment, as opposed to Savage and Iqbal.

He should be loaned out and revisited next year.
His position is no less fixed than Iqbal, who has played both CM and AM. That is the same as Hannibal, with the addition of him being able to operate at LW.

Bertie Wooster

His position is no less fixed than Iqbal, who has played both CM and AM. That is the same as Hannibal, with the addition of him being able to operate at LW.
Yeah, I thought that as well.

Iqbal is either an 8 or a 10. As is Hannibal. But Hannibal also has the ability / mobility to start out wide cutting inside as well. He has that ability because he's more mobile than Iqbal, capable of going on more driving runs with the ball. So that shouldn't work against him.

I've seen plenty of both of them in the U18's/23's, and, while I enjoy watching them both on the ball, I've always been more impressed with Hannibal. They're both good on the ball, but Iqbal has always seemed slower on it and less of an individual threat. Tidy, but taking time on it. Being polite: composed. Being harsh: ponderous. Hannibal has more drive and individual threat on the ball for me. Although, as a contrast to that, Hannibal has to work on toning down his fiery temperament.

Revaulx

I reckon it's something to do with his attitude. I saw him throw a strop at Old Trafford last season when he wasn't used as a sub and I think Garnacho was brought in instead.

Disappointing because I was just looking forward to seeing him this tour. But really enjoying savages performance in midfield.
I think you may be right. Savage and Iqbal are really solid lads by all accounts.

lsd

The Oracle
He could be carrying a knock. Do we know if he is not?

Mr PG

Zidane and Hannibal are very similar but Zidane has quicker feet hence I always predicted he’d break in sooner. Hannibal is going through a growth spurt and kinda struggling with it a bit but should be fine long term. Zidane, Hannibal, Charlie savage will be 1st teamers for years to come

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.