Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I will support the first team but when we have to play a CAM into CDM then I would rather see an academy player. a player in perreira who should not even get into the team as a CAM btw. Then yes because it is clear that there is no long term future for him in the starting line up, unless you want to be competing for 6th place every year.

If we have Mct, Pogba, Bruno, Fred, Matic fit then no I wouldn't expect him there.

Yes, as I said March, where we could be out the top 4 race with FA cup and EL left, so yes if we cannot get top 4 and in home matches if we play an academy player over Perreira or Lingard, I think most fans apart from you will be happy.
It’s not a case of ‘most fans other than me would be happy’. My focus is on the team achieving our targets. Some seem to be willing a quick end to the competitive stuff so that they can see their favourite youth players. It’s an issue of focus. We don’t need to be contemplating what you’re suggesting from the perspective of the kids now, we can deal with it if and when, but for now, we are all pulling together to be very much involved in the running in March/April.

romufc

It’s not a case of ‘most fans other than me would be happy’. My focus is on the team achieving our targets. Some seem to be willing a quick end to the competitive stuff so that they can see their favourite youth players. It’s an issue of focus. We don’t need to be contemplating what you’re suggesting from the perspective of the kids now, we can deal with it if and when, but for now, we are all pulling together to be very much involved in the running in March/April.
Yes, but the fans target and managers target seems to be different. Doesn't seem from Ole's point that we are going for top 4.

This it the time to see what these kids can do dont you think? Because once we have a team which I hope we do to challenge in a few years, none of these kids will get a go because we will be competing for titles.

When you are less competitive, you experiment in areas where it is not working. I said he should be on the bench in home games, that is not asking for much is it?

Pablo76

I will support the first team but when we have to play a CAM into CDM then I would rather see an academy player. a player in perreira who should not even get into the team as a CAM btw. Then yes because it is clear that there is no long term future for him in the starting line up, unless you want to be competing for 6th place every year.

If we have Mct, Pogba, Bruno, Fred, Matic fit then no I wouldn't expect him there.

Yes, as I said March, where we could be out the top 4 race with FA cup and EL left, so yes if we cannot get top 4 and in home matches if we play an academy player over Perreira or Lingard, I think most fans apart from you will be happy.
How deluded and out of touch must you be to think this unheard of 17 year old would be better in our first team against Premiership opposition week in, week out than Pereira or Lingard, despite their current form. This place.

joedirt87

How deluded and out of touch must you be to think this unheard of 17 year old would be better in our first team against Premiership opposition week in, week out than Pereira or Lingard, despite their current form. This place.
I think a lot of supporters just want to see something different. the form of some players has reached such rock bottom that the unknown is appealing. If someone like Chong or Gomes got a run of games they might show something positive, or they could just as easily suck.

romufc

Just because you do not haven't heard of him. I am deluded but you are completely crap at reading, can you show me where I have said he should be in the team week in week out?

Lastly, I have not said he will be better on the pitch, just to see how he goes about it, we are planning for the future in which Lingard and Perreira will not be part of, so why not try someone that the club and alot of people think is one of the most talented at our club.

I am sorry just because you have not heard of him, he shouldn't be in the team. Doesn't work like that.

meamth

When was the last time a wonderkid signed to play on the youth team, progressed as fast as him?

Pablo76

I would rather see an academy player. a player in perreira who should not even get into the team as a CAM btw. Then yes because it is clear that there is no long term future for him in the starting line up

if we play an academy player over Perreira or Lingard
@romufc Here. And here.

I’ve heard of him plenty, but you’re still massively deluded if you think that A) he’s ready, and B) he’s a better option in our premiership midfield than those 2 currently.

romufc

@romufc Here. And here.

I’ve heard of him plenty, but you’re still massively deluded if you think that A) he’s ready, and B) he’s a better option in our premiership midfield than those 2 currently.
we have him on the bench on some games?
if we cannot get top 4 and in home matches if we play an academy player over Perreira or Lingard, I

Love how you have taken snips of my quotes without using the whole thing which gives it context.

In neither of my messages have I said he is ready.

You don't know if he is ready or not do you? And you will never know unless you give him an opportunity. Not saying he is ready at all, giving him minutes here and there so he can understand that the step up is quite steep, will obviously help him.

We didn't know a 17 year old Greenwood is ready or not but his debut was in a CL tie away from home.

arthurka

Didn't we pay a lot of money for this kid?
He is fantastic, loved his attitude Vs Leeds. They kicked the shit out of him but he got up again and again. Great prospect.

Gasolin

But he isn’t comparable to mason. Mason will reach the highest heights I think.
Mason is the striker but this guy will be the new 10 for us. And I think the whole plan is to ease him in into the 1st team in a few years so that the transition works. For me, those things show where we want to go, and it makes a whole lot more sense.

Gasolin

If only in a few years we could get a Pogba Bruno Mejbri midfield, with Greenwood, Martial and Rashford upfront, Williams, Maguire, Tuanzebe, AWB and Henderson in the goals! That would be phenomenal. I hope Ole is still around and lead this team to the title cause he would deserve it then.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
If only in a few years we could get a Pogba Bruno Mejbri midfield, with Greenwood, Martial and Rashford upfront, Williams, Maguire, Tuanzebe, AWB and Henderson in the goals! That would be phenomenal. I hope Ole is still around and lead this team to the title cause he would deserve it then.
Pogba won't stay with us past this summer.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think a lot of supporters just want to see something different. the form of some players has reached such rock bottom that the unknown is appealing. If someone like Chong or Gomes got a run of games they might show something positive, or they could just as easily suck.
This post is very accurate. Contract situations aside, Chong and Gomes must be pretty awful in training not to be getting more chances.

Personally I think Chong is lucky to have been offered a new contract. Given the pathway to the first being so open for young players currently, I’m pretty surprised these two want to leave. I may come to eat my words, but Gomes has always flattered to deceive IMO. Not fussed if he goes.

Gasolin

Why be that categorical? As if you know anything... for me, so far, Pogba is staying and there are options to extend one more year the contract so that's it.

elmo

Why be that categorical? As if you know anything... for me, so far, Pogba is staying and there are options to extend one more year the contract so that's it.
Yeah, forcing him to stay another year will do a fat load of use. He's mentally checked out ever since he said he wants to leave last summer.

SATA

I hope we can get the young lad from Birmingham as well and pair them up together in midfield. It will be so tasty to watch

There is another lad at Lyon who is destined for great things as well. Cherki or something

joedirt87

This post is very accurate. Contract situations aside, Chong and Gomes must be pretty awful in training not to be getting more chances.

Personally I think Chong is lucky to have been offered a new contract. Given the pathway to the first being so open for young players currently, I’m pretty surprised these two want to leave. I may come to eat my words, but Gomes has always flattered to deceive IMO. Not fussed if he goes.
Agree that Chong has not impressed with his chances, but he's still not played a lot of minutes, and we literally have no other wingers. Gomes we have options at AM, they have just sucked. I just thought they would play more given the lack of depth on this current squad.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope we can get the young lad from Birmingham as well and pair them up together in midfield. It will be so tasty to watch

There is another lad at Lyon who is destined for great things as well. Cherki or something
We tried to sign him before - he wanted to stay at Lyon.

Cherki will be a top 3 player in the world.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's one of the highest rated talents in the world in his age group and he has been performing brilliantly for months. Did you think the same about Rashford? Williams? Greenwood? Lingard in his current form (and mental state) can't even pass the ball to the nearest player properly. Chong got his chances, and a lot of them. Gomes did get a few. There's no reason why Mejbri shouldn't be given a chance, considering that we have 2,5 midfielders fit. No one talks about him being a starter, just getting some minutes from the bench.

Mickson

Yeah I'm not too sure on him. Lets see how he develops this season and next.
Me neither. Hasn't impressed at all. Obviously, the jury is still out.

Mejbri is not ready for the first team. Remember that players like Garner, Levitt and Gomes barely are ready and they are obviously ahead of him in the pecking order.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yeah, forcing him to stay another year will do a fat load of use. He's mentally checked out ever since he said he wants to leave last summer.
United are not forcing him to stay. Should the club just give in and sell him for a small amount?

Duafc

Village Lemon
Quit sipping the Kool-aid.

Gasolin

Yeah but because of everything I see in the France squad and what the other players are saying, I am not convinced Pogba is the way the media describe him. I mean, Mino even said that Pogba has no prb staying, but just wants the investment to happen in the team...

elmo

United are not forcing him to stay. Should the club just give in and sell him for a small amount?
No, I honestly don't give a shit about what we do with him. We should have never brought him and his media circus back to the club in the first place.

elmo

Yeah but because of everything I see in the France squad and what the other players are saying, I am not convinced Pogba is the way the media describe him. I mean, Mino even said that Pogba has no prb staying, but just wants the investment to happen in the team...
Mino says whatever gets him the most money. Kind of convenient for Mino to say the club needs investment when we were linked to Haaland and he's involved in the deal.

Gasolin

Mino says whatever gets him the most money. Kind of convenient for Mino to say the club needs investment when we were linked to Haaland and he's involved in the deal.
I think it was definitely after the deal was already South. The point is: Pogba may be focused still, and we just need to confirm the plan with him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I mean, Evra even said that Pogba doesn’t want to be here.

Gasolin

I mean, Evra even said that Pogba doesn’t want to be here.
Evra said that if people don't show love, Pogba can only go.
When Evra wanted to talk to Pogba, what he said was that if Paul doesn't feel good, he needs to go but I would tell him to stay in reality, etc...

We have to stop insulting our players the way we do. Paul Pogba is Mancunian in his heart, nothing is going to change that reality in his life. What we have to do is to get him on board on what we are trying to do. That team Ole has put out there, on paper, has all the youth we want with some proven players, and the chemistry is just waiting to happen. And should Mejbri progress the way we want, he will be slotted in into that 10 role, delivering passes after passes to Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Evra said that if people don't show love, Pogba can only go.
When Evra wanted to talk to Pogba, what he said was that if Paul doesn't feel good, he needs to go but I would tell him to stay in reality, etc...

We have to stop insulting our players the way we do. Paul Pogba is Mancunian in his heart, nothing is going to change that reality in his life. What we have to do is to get him on board on what we are trying to do. That team Ole has put out there, on paper, has all the youth we want with some proven players, and the chemistry is just waiting to happen. And should Mejbri progress the way we want, he will be slotted in into that 10 role, delivering passes after passes to Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.
No, Evra said that Pogba doesn’t want to be here and that we shouldn’t have players that don’t want to be here and he should leave.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Fabregas played 49 matches for Arsenal first team when he was just 17, he was so good which convinced Wenger to let go Vieira, one of the best midfielder in Premierleague back then.. Not saying Mejbri could be anywhere near as good, but there has been other 17 year old midfielder in the past who has been up there with the best, who was far better than Pereira or Lingard. Age is nothing if you are good enough.

RC89

And if Martial doesn't buck up his ideas, he'll be lucky to be near the first team squad in a couple of seasons.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I just want to see this fantastic hair in our first team. And he's pretty promising too.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I have a feeling if we make a few good big singings in the summer then pogba possibly stays on with an understanding if we don’t kick on he’s gone the following summer. But all he has to do is hold out till xmas and we look like fools. Hopefully this next part looks way more attractive for players but It does feel ominous that Minos newest big client who’s worked with ole and when we badly need a top striker still doesn’t want to come here... then that’s embarrassing really. Hannibal is the most obviously gifted transferred player into the underage teams since pogba. He’s that good, it’s obvious. Nailed on to play football in a big team if he stays injury free. He may not run the team but quality is just at a super high level from a young age and everyone can see it. They can do the totally unexpected. I wish we’d played pogba a few time’s in decent matches in the first team under Fergie. He’d have looked like a young ronaldo. A thoroughbred player in need of refining and guidance but he’d impress enough to keep bringing him in. Play these lads if they are making underage look that easy.