Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I think it was definitely after the deal was already South. The point is: Pogba may be focused still, and we just need to confirm the plan with him.
I think a focused player would be rehabilitating in Manchester and showing up at a game once in a while to support the rest of the team. He's pretty much been in the US and France ever since he got injured.

And what's there to confirm, you think the club plans ahead to suck? The plan was always to try and get into CL football this year and go for bigger names next summer.

Ffs, the lengths some people will give to excuse a wantaway player is ridiculous.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I think a focused player would be rehabilitating in Manchester and showing up at a game once in a while to support the rest of the team. He's pretty much been in the US and France ever since he got injured.

And what's there to confirm, you think the club plans ahead to suck? The plan was always to try and get into CL football this year and go for bigger names next summer.

Ffs, the lengths some people will give to excuse a wantaway player is ridiculous.
This is purely your agenda. Rashford has spent time in America, McTomminay has been abroad. Pogba has attended games while being injured. He’s got a partner and a kid so I very much doubt he’s been in us and France the whole time, more that they are the only places you’ve heard of him being.

The clubs planning is by far a bigger problem than any individual.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Is it me being naive, or should we have him on the bench on some games?

I know its a long shot but can we not have him on the bench in home games? If he is that talented, he should be knocking on the door? Camaviga, Elliot and the like at 16/17 seem to get first team football.

Just to see how he will react? maybe in March April when we have nothing to play for?
Mejbri is fine, the only player born in 2003 to regularly feature in 1st team football in Europe top 5 leagues is Cherki even Harvey Elliott isn't exactly "knocking on the door", he's played in games where Liverpool fielded their entire U23 lineup.
Also I don't think there'll ever be a point this season when we have "nothing to play for".

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

As far as we know, he has spent two weeks in the US, two weeks in Dubai and a few days in France.

elmo

This is purely your agenda. Rashford has spent time in America, McTomminay has been abroad. Pogba has attended games while being injured. He’s got a partner and a kid so I very much doubt he’s been in us and France the whole time, more that they are the only places you’ve heard of him being.

The clubs planning is by far a bigger problem than any individual.
And has either of them publicly said they want a move away from the club like Pogba?

Ffs, if he's committed to the club, all he has to do is just a simple press statement, even a fecking tweet would do.

Stop living in denial that Pogba is committed to the club long term.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And has either of them publicly said they want a move away from the club like Pogba?

Ffs, if he's committed to the club, all he has to do is just a simple press statement, even a fecking tweet would do.

Players or managers rarely do that. For two reasons, first it's their job they have no good reason to reduce or eliminate their leverage in the context of future contract talks and secondly it's stupid to react to the social media mob, people won't change their minds, the ones that have a problem with him will claim that it's a PR stunt or that no one wants him anyway while the ones that are behind him will keep cheering. It's a waste of time and potentially a waste of money.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Is this "Pogba is not committed thread" or potential Superstar that we have in academy. Nobody cares where Pogba goes while he is rehabilitating. So please take that somewhere else.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

my all time hero Bryan Robson admitted in his book he’d have liked the move to Juve at the time, which the club blocked. Get over it.
DeGea didn’t come out and say publicly he wanted to move? It was common knowledge for 18 months, he ran his contract down and we had to sell him on the cheap, didn’t play at the start of the season and had actually signed for Real Madrid.....Pogba says ‘ it’s might be time for a new challenge’.....yeah that’s worse.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
We have to stop insulting our players the way we do. Paul Pogba is Mancunian in his heart, nothing is going to change that reality in his life.
How do you know if Pogba is Mancunian or Parisian, in his heart? What is this shameless bullshit?

NewGlory

Is this "Pogba is not committed thread" or potential Superstar that we have in academy. Nobody cares where Pogba goes while he is rehabilitating. So please take that somewhere else.
Indeed.

Has anybody been following Mejbri? How is he doing so far? Transfermarkt says he's played 7 games in U18 Premier League, 1 goal, 3 assists. That doesn't sound too great (esp. only 7 appearances).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How deluded and out of touch must you be to think this unheard of 17 year old would be better in our first team against Premiership opposition week in, week out than Pereira or Lingard, despite their current form. This place.
It’s been a classic over the last year or so.” Let’s field our under 14s, they’ll be better..,” it’s not even laughable anymore.

These twits should stick to the match day thread

elmo

my all time hero Bryan Robson admitted in his book he’d have liked the move to Juve at the time, which the club blocked. Get over it.
DeGea didn’t come out and say publicly he wanted to move? It was common knowledge for 18 months, he ran his contract down and we had to sell him on the cheap, didn’t play at the start of the season and had actually signed for Real Madrid.....Pogba says ‘ it’s might be time for a new challenge’.....yeah that’s worse.
How about you try listing what they've achieved with the club when they made those statements versus Pogba's.

He's one of the main reasons why we're stuck in mediocrity because he's just not consistent in his standards at all.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How about you try listing what they've achieved with the club when they made those statements versus Pogba's.

He's one of the main reasons why we're stuck in mediocrity because he's just not consistent in his standards at all.
Yeah not because we don't have any other midfielder who is good on the ball, FB can't contribute to attack, dead right wing, AM who didn't score or assist in a year, Woodward and manager who planned squad building in very wrong way or clueless managers we keep of hiring. Nothing to do with them all, it's Pogba who is the main reason.

mav_9me

Can we please take this pogba discussion elsewhere? Thanks

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Indeed.

Has anybody been following Mejbri? How is he doing so far? Transfermarkt says he's played 7 games in U18 Premier League, 1 goal, 3 assists. That doesn't sound too great (esp. only 7 appearances).
In defence of the lad 1 goal and 3 assists isn't bad considering the amount of time he spends eating mud every game, and only 7 appearances because of the delay in his registration coming through at the start of the season, that and he's been with the 23s for the last few months.

NWRed

Indeed.

If you watch him he's clearly quality, he stands out in even in the U23s as a cut above. When he fills out he's going to be a great player.

littleman

Pogba's brother and his agent

Such short memories and eagerness to misrepresent to favor a player you like

It's stupid

SweetRightFoot

Indeed.

He's a centre mid though. Look like good stats to me.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Can Lingard please spend a few days with this guy so Hannibal can teach him an assured first touch on a half turn? He should be starting every game that Jesse does.

NewGlory

In defence of the lad 1 goal and 3 assists isn't bad considering the amount of time he spends eating mud every game, and only 7 appearances because of the delay in his registration coming through at the start of the season, that and he's been with the 23s for the last few months.
If you watch him he's clearly quality, he stands out in even in the U23s as a cut above. When he fills out he's going to be a great player.
Thank you. This is great to hear. Didn't know he was already playing with U23s. That is great.

Wondering when he may be given a chance with the senior squad. Other kids were playing for seniours around the age of 17, so maybe Mejbri will feature in the summer tour and get some starts next season?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Thank you. This is great to hear. Didn't know he was already playing with U23s. That is great.

Wondering when he may be given a chance with the senior squad. Other kids were playing for seniours around the age of 17, so maybe Mejbri will feature in the summer tour and get some starts next season?
Said after his first cameo for the 18s that I wouldn't be surprised if he played for the first-team this season, and I stand by that.

2 or 3 minutes at the end of the last game of the season, not as a starter. He's good, but not that good!

Acquire Me

Anyone better at his age group? I can’t name anyone tbh. This is a proper wonderkid.

Stadjer

Can Lingard please spend a few days with this guy so Hannibal can teach him an assured first touch on a half turn? He should be starting every game that Jesse does.
Lingard hasnt even half of the natural talent this guy has. Did Lingard even stand out in the academy at all? It was all about Pogba and that failed wonderkid people somehow still have hope for....

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who? Just curious to know who to follow.
Cherki, Reyna, Camavinga, Reinier, Ansu Fati, Gravenberch, Xavi Simons to name a few.
Whether they will all end up better players obviously remains to be seen.

Last edited:

NewGlory

Said after his first cameo for the 18s that I wouldn't be surprised if he played for the first-team this season, and I stand by that.

2 or 3 minutes at the end of the last game of the season, not as a starter. He's good, but not that good!
Yeah, that is the impression I got as well, watching some of his games on Youtube. Kid has got instincts, first touch, brains but he is clearly a kid, still. He would probably be eaten alive by grown-ups. Needs to work on it and probably a loan in championship next season. Rashford was much more mature at his age, so even if Mejbri is barely 17 years old - he doesn't have too much time to grow up and muscle up.

Thiagoal

The kid has got undoubted talent and also a bit of devil to his personality that all the top players have! However, he has been getting shoved about a bit at U23 level and his performance dips in the last quarter of most games I’ve watched him so would say he’s still a year away from getting any first team minutes! Great prospect though!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Just watched that video again and fully appreciated that last touch!

mu4c_20le

Cherki, Reyna, Camavinga, Reinier, Ansu Fati, Gravenberch, Xavi Simons to name a few.
Whether they will all end up better players obviously remains to be seen.
In that list only Cherki and Xavi Simons are in his age group, and Simons isn't better imo

Gasolin

How do you know if Pogba is Mancunian or Parisian, in his heart? What is this shameless bullshit?
It's a known fact. He may be born French, but he loves everyone at United and remembers that. When he chose to come back, he knew everyone, including the laundry ladies etc... it's not a shameless bullshit, Pogba does have fond memories of Manchester and he wouldn't have been even back if there was nothing at all.
Well he came back, and has already said he takes fun with his team mates. He could have gone else where. So he does have a feeling for Manchester.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I am intrigued to see how Mejbri develops. Ive seen him play maybe 10 times now across the U18s and U23s. He has a bit of everything, but his real exciting part is his dribbling. With a bit more of a physique he could well be special.

Garner and Levitt have shown they now need first team football. I would be amazed if at least one of them doesn't end up on loan and the other in the first team. In which case Mejbri should be able to step in full time with the U23s.

Traore seems to have finally found his stride and we have the likes of Galbraith who isnt far off. Its crazy to think we have such a glut of midfielders in the youth ranks. Mejbri has plenty of competition to overcome

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I am intrigued to see how Mejbri develops. Ive seen him play maybe 10 times now across the U18s and U23s. He has a bit of everything, but his real exciting part is his dribbling. With a bit more of a physique he could well be special.

Garner and Levitt have shown they now need first team football. I would be amazed if at least one of them doesn't end up on loan and the other in the first team. In which case Mejbri should be able to step in full time with the U23s.

Traore seems to have finally found his stride and we have the likes of Galbraith who isnt far off. Its crazy to think we have such a glut of midfielders in the youth ranks. Mejbri has plenty of competition to overcome
Tbh, dribbling is the one area I’d like to see more of from him. I don’t think I’ve seen it to be particularly ‘special’ just yet.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Tbh, dribbling is the one area I’d like to see more of from him. I don’t think I’ve seen it to be particularly ‘special’ just yet.
His dribbling looks very good from a technical level. The amount of times he wriggles free in tight spaces and actually beats his man with the ball completely under his spell is very impressive. Ravel Morrison was probably the only one who was slightly better in tight spaces but I did see alot more of Ravel at youth level in comparison.

But imo Mejbri's dribbling is brilliant.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Prefer him as an 8 as opposed to a 10.
Ditto! Comes across as an exceptionally gifted Brazilian style volante who impacts the game in a myriad ways as a steering wheel, and maybe a deep-lying playmaker in the future when he is not as mobile, rather than a pigeon-holed central attacking midfielder. Great overall technique and and an air of refinement (perhaps that lends credence to the #10 theory), press-resistant and deceptively strong and proactive with his dribbling/movement, industrious and stubborn in-and-out of possession, and pretty freakin' groovy in half-spaces. I dare say he is better than someone like Saúl in terms of pure talent for a comparable role, and the type of central midfielder we've missed in recent years across Pogba in a three...Ander was serviceable but didn't really have the finesse in possession to be a genuine difference-maker at right central midfielder, and there might be similar concerns regarding Fred/McTominay over the medium to long term if the team has the highest aspirations. Might just be our best signing of the summer if he fulfills his potential at United, pity that a double dip with Cherki was never truly on the cards despite some efforts by the club ⁠— hope we're in contention when he eventually leaves Lyon.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
In that list only Cherki and Xavi Simons are in his age group, and Simons isn't better imo
Naci Unuvar from Ajax is another player in the same age group that is very talented and has already debuted for the Ajax first team. It'll be interesting to see how all these hot prospects kick on in the coming years.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His dribbling looks very good from a technical level. The amount of times he wriggles free in tight spaces and actually beats his man with the ball completely under his spell is very impressive. Ravel Morrison was probably the only one who was slightly better in tight spaces but I did see alot more of Ravel at youth level in comparison.

But imo Mejbri's dribbling is brilliant.
I think even aside from Ravel, he doesn’t have the footwork of a Pogba in the academy from what I’ve seen. He looks lightyears ahead of his peers in vision, technique and reading of the game - but not the raw individual genius that Pogba or Ravel had. He just seems a different type of midfielder. Like Cesc was an exceptional young midfielder, but not a Pogba individual type of talent. It is because of this that I don’t see, so far, Mejbri’s best role as a 10. My personal preference in that role is for more maverick type of players. There are a lot of technical 8s that people try to push to the 10 but I don’t think it comes naturally. Like Scholes isn’t a 10 to me, and Bruno doesn’t look like one either.