Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Nickelodeon

Looks like a fantastic prospect. The video highlighted his prowess as an all-round CM akin to (dare I say) Pogba. It's quite clear that physicality is an asset that he has utilized quite well. Hope he can bulk himself up and become physically imposing at PL level in the coming years.

luke511

What's the likelihood of him being phased in next season like how Greenwood was this season
With the position he plays and the size he is at the moment, I don't think he'll be featuring for another year or two at least and rightly so, once he looks like a big fish in a small pond in the U23 league then he'll be ready.

Utdstar01

He could get a game in the league cup next year potentially. The back end of next year if we aren't playing for much then there's a possibility there too.

I think it depends on his growing as well, it looks to me like he will fill out fairly quickly. If he takes his game to another level in the U23s then that might force Ole's hand like with Greenwood.

Bwuk

I’d imagine he’ll be featured in the first team next season.

I don’t think we will sign a CM unless Pogba leaves which I don’t think he will.

Pogba, Bruno, Fred, McTominay, Matic as the first, with Garner and Hannibal potentially getting minutes.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What's the likelihood of him being phased in next season like how Greenwood was this season
Well I can’t think he’d be particularly chuffed if we go out and spend £30m on Bellingham who’s the same age. Jude will likely go ahead of him, for the exact same role, in a development slot that has been discussed for Mejbri all season.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Well I can’t think he’d be particularly chuffed if we go out and spend £30m on Bellingham who’s the same age. Jude will likely go ahead of him, for the exact same role, in a development slot that has been discussed for Mejbri all season.
I think Mjebri plays a bit higher than Bellingham. It's likes of Levitt and Garner that need to rethink about their future if we sign Bellingham. Mjebri is far too talented in my opinion to be in any sort of danger.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think Mjebri plays a bit higher than Bellingham. It's likes of Levitt and Garner that need to rethink about their future if we sign Bellingham. Mjebri is far too talented in my opinion to be in any sort of danger.
They are all fairly similar tbh, Mejbri is by no means a regular 10, and Bellingham is similarly undefined at this stage, having played all over midfield himself. I think the chances of two players of the same age in a similar role making it into the first team at the same time is extremely slim. I can’t imagine both Bellingham and Mejbri being simultaneously developed in one of the three central roles.

Both will have cost significant investment so you never know, but we have spoken all season how Mejbri is likely to be integrated over the next 18 months. Can’t see Bellingham not complicating that. We have plenty of senior midfielders so there won’t be too much time for 16-18 year olds on there.

Perhaps the two of them will move up and replace the likes of Lingard, Mata and Pereira, which in theory should make time available, although even that is a bit of a false reality in that under normal circumstances, those guys will not have played more than a handful of games this season if Pogba had been fit.

Ekeke

Will be another year before that happens imo. Next season I expect he'll get a few first team appearances like Greenwood did last season and if everything goes to plan he could start some games at the beginning of the next season to see if hes ready.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
With the position he plays and the size he is at the moment, I don't think he'll be featuring for another year or two at least and rightly so, once he looks like a big fish in a small pond in the U23 league then he'll be ready.
He's quite big already — 1,82 meters tall (not even counting his hair) and has some muscle on. And he's not a number 10 like Gomes, he plays all over midfield and gets stuck in a lot. Different positions, but we have given enough minutes to the likes of Chong this (almost wrote "last") season, and he's nowhere near ready physically.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Looks like a future star. Hope he stay injury free and put on some muscle and he will be muscling his way to XI in 3 years time.

Sea-Cow

It seems like there has been a lot of media attention on him. Is it just an agent trying to keep himself busy?

*edit* or herself

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It seems like there has been a lot of media attention on him. Is it just an agent trying to keep himself busy?

*edit* or herself
More likely a journalist trying to keep themselves busy. They have to write about something.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is still very young and may need a few more years to bulk up probably. But imagine in few years, we could have a very good replacement for Pogba.

In Rainbows

He is still very young and may need a few more years to bulk up probably. But imagine in few years, we could have a very good replacement for Pogba.
I think he's more like Herrera, except (relative to their level) more talented technically, and with more vision.

Sea-Cow

More likely a journalist trying to keep themselves busy. They have to write about something.
True. Well I wish they would give me more transfer nonsense, instead of getting my hopes up about a future French savior

Mark Pawelek

I don't know tbh. But I can't see him getting too many minutes.
I think he'll be on the bench next season like Greenwood and Chong were this. Picking up 10 or 20 minutes at the end of a match, especially if the new 5 substitute rule applies. I even expect he'll get a few complete games in a cup or two.

-Supreme-

What's his shooting like and goal scoring records? I've only caught him shot once in his entire 12 min highlights

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Maybe Mr (Mc)T will help him...
I just want to reassure you that I appreciate what you're doing, even if it's sailed right over the head of the annoyingly young general audience here.

Us old giffers who remember that show need to stick together.

jem

I just want to reassure you that I appreciate what you're doing, even if it's sailed right over the head of the annoyingly young general audience here.

Us old giffers who remember that show need to stick together.
Cheers Bazza! I feared that joke had disappeared into a Caf blackhole!