Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Could he do what Pogba does for us as a CM?
He's got the potential to do so without a doubt. He may not have the height of Pogba but has a work ethic off the ball that he would add to the team which I feel could really benefit us potentially.

city-puma

He was excellent and heavily involved in most of our goals. He even managed to come deep at the base of midfield to play a lovely switch ball which started the sequence for one of the goals.
I want him become a young Matic. Yes, I still think he can. But, not in the terms of height of course.

Tapori

He's got the potential to do so without a doubt. He may not have the height of Pogba but has a work ethic off the ball that he would add to the team which I feel could really benefit us potentially.
Speaking to someone who scouted him literally, he is the most talented midfielder in the current academy.
Whether he makes the step-up is entirely in his own hands and injury-permitting.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t think so. A player like Matic at peak is a rare and precious asset in the world football nowadays. In my opinion, it’s the jewel in the crown.
It is, but that player will not be Mejbri I don’t think. His strengths are different.

city-puma

It is, but that player will not be Mejbri I don’t think. His strengths are different.
It’s alright. I guess we can say that we all have high expectation on him and feel it’s very likely he will eventually turn up as something special in his career.

In Rainbows

I don’t think so. A player like Matic at peak is a rare and precious asset in the world football nowadays. In my opinion, it’s the jewel in the crown.
A player like Scholes, Xavi, Modric, etc... is more rare than a Matic. Matic wasn't even great. He had a similar career at chelsea like he's had at United. It's why Chelsea fans weren't all that bothered to lose him despite his first half year being truly excellent.

city-puma

A player like Scholes, Xavi, Modric, etc... is more rare than a Matic. Matic wasn't even great. He had a similar career at chelsea like he's had at United. It's why Chelsea fans weren't all that bothered to lose him despite his first half year being truly excellent.
IMO, Matic at peak gives a team a solid foundation. Add extra, even so called luxury players into that foundation, you are more than enough to achieve success. Jose’s second run in Chelsea had him bought back right away. I remember watching he played at that time and thinking he’s better injured when playing us. I don’t know why Chelsea fans not value him, but his departure is due to conte who set up Chelsea to play 5-3-2 and feel the other players were more suitable, say kante.
Again, I rate the player like him highest. It’s just my own opinion.That you rate the offensive players highest is definitely reasonable because it’s your real opinion. No arguing from me here.

meamth

A player of that mould is a rarity for a reason.

The midfielder's role has changed over the years, DLP type has been overlooked for modern pressing box to box midfielders.

So in this era, the ideal type of midfielder is B2B/insert another role here

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He may replace Pogba role for us one day, I hope that will be soon, as I don't see Pogba staying beyond this summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If he keeps this level in the next months then he will go definitely on loan next season.
The start of next season is about 8 months away and if he keeps playing well then i'd personally hope he's given a chance in the first team. Ole only a few days ago said that they felt a couple of youngsters were close to making the step up and one of those surely must be Mejbri.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's getting better with each passing game. I've been delighted with his improvement this season, slowly easing some of the concerns I had about him. His talent is clear for everyone to see, a very gifted player, I expect we'll see him feature on the bench at some point either late this season or early next season, he's not quite there yet but he's not a million miles away either. I think his biggest obstacle is overcoming that temper of his.

In my view, he's definitely not a DM, he's somewhere between an 8 and a 10 in my view, limiting him to DM would be a waste of his excellent offensive talent.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
The start of next season is about 8 months away and if he keeps playing well then i'd personally hope he's given a chance in the first team. Ole only a few days ago said that they felt a couple of youngsters were close to making the step up and one of those surely must be Mejbri.
He should definitely get a chance in pre-season friendlies if the clubs can have a normal pre-season again.

Bondi77

A loan in the Championship next season would be good for him and maybe he could be our Jude Bellingham we missed out on.

Coops73

He was excellent against Liverpool, his close control and tenacity stand out for me, I have a feeling he maybe loaned out before getting any first team action but you never know.

TsuWave

I want him become a young Matic. Yes, I still think he can. But, not in the terms of height of course.
this would be a terrible waste of talent. I actually got irritated by the thought, why would anyone want this? mon dieu

Number32

He only commented the performance of Elanga, Dialo, Hugill, and Pellestri this season. Not a single word about Mejbri.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Interesting view. But for me, Matic was never that good on the ball. Seemed to be rated highly in his pre-Chesea days in that regard but he became more and more of a destroyer once he came to the Premier League. I personally think the DM role is of course very important, but you usually can get a few players getting the job done to a high level. I'd say that the true midfield playmaker ala Modric, the one who is press resistant and can dictate the flow of the game, is the "jewel in the crown" whereas the likes of Matic, Casemiero and co, although Matic was better on the ball out of those two, are replaceable due to their limited skill-set. Someone like Busquets among the DMs is one that would qualify considering his intelligence and technical quality. But it is obviously very subjective.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He only commented the performance of Elanga, Dialo, Hugill, and Pellestri this season. Not a single word about Mejbri.
Diallo and Pellistri he did comment on but he specifically spoke about giving debuts to a couple of players from the Academy this season who he felt were close to making the step up. I can only assume that one of those players is Mejbri due to his performances this season.

Number32

Diallo and Pellistri he did comment on but he specifically spoke about giving debuts to a couple of players from the Academy this season who he felt were close to making the step up. I can only assume that one of those players is Mejbri due to his performances this season.
Ole's though about Elanga's performance after a friendly game against Villa:
“You can see he’s got less time. I spoke to him after. A couple of times he gets caught on the ball but that’s the learning he needs and that’s gonna make him next time on the pitch he’ll be ready for it.”
Ole picked Elanga on a pre-season game, he's on the list as back up plan if Rashford or Martial got injured.

Ole hails Hugill's performance after his four goals against Liverpool:
“Four goals by Hugill, he’s a top striker as well, we’re looking forward to seeing his development,”
“Amad gets a good start and why Joe didn’t take the penalty himself to get five goals I’m going to ask him."
“Amad will open up defences, so I don’t think it’s gonna be too long before he’s involved in a matchday squad."
“We’re gonna give him the time to settle in. If we go from that game, I’d pick Joe Hugill.”

Mebjri is having a good season, some inconsistency but that's understandable for his age. Ole never gave a word about his performance because he won't be in the first team if Bruno, VDB, Pogba, and Mata are still available, that's what I think.

Ashish Negi

Out of all lads, he looks level above. Even after playing out of position he was dominated games with ease. If you compare him with other u23s performing players his over all game is way better than others.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can see why we paid £8m for him as a 16 year old. Shame we don't have any freebies in the cup this year, still holding out slight hope he might make a cameo against West Ham.

Glorio

What a player! Against Liverpool he was class, today again, just brilliant - so creative as well, difficult to dispossess, and a born fighter

Glorio

Can see why we paid £8m for him as a 16 year old. Shame we don't have any freebies in the cup this year, still holding out slight hope he might make a cameo against West Ham.
I hope there are easier ties to come in Europa