Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
With the confirmation of selecting 9 subs all season I'd like us to reserve those last 2 spots purely to u23 players. We'd still have 6 outfield senior players on the bench if needed, but if we're comfortable it gives us the opportunity to get the kids some experience.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
With the confirmation of selecting 9 subs all season I'd like us to reserve those last 2 spots purely to u23 players. We'd still have 6 outfield senior players on the bench if needed, but if we're comfortable it gives us the opportunity to get the kids some experience.
We believe in charity so our useless players will be on the bench before them.

jesperjaap

ALthough I dont think it is something we should be doing every game and it has to be earned, I do agree this is someting we shold be doing regularly, there are two or three look certainly good enough for the bench and opportunities from it

P-Nut

ALthough I dont think it is something we should be doing every game and it has to be earned, I do agree this is someting we shold be doing regularly, there are two or three look certainly good enough for the bench and opportunities from it
I think they've all earned that opportunity with their performances in the youth sides over the last 12 months, and do we really need 8 outfield players to cover 11 positions. 6 for 10 outfield players should cover basically all eventualities and allows the youngest to get opportunities in games we are comfortable in.

RedDevilLucio

I think this is a great idea. Hopefully this season we won’t be bloody chasing every other game and be able to give the U23 players the last 15-20.

jesperjaap

I think they've all earned that opportunity with their performances in the youth sides over the last 12 months, and do we really need 8 outfield players to cover 11 positions. 6 for 10 outfield players should cover basically all eventualities and allows the youngest to get opportunities in games we are comfortable in.
Yes but earning U23s and the step up to the full side is a huge gap. Of course, they can only do that with opportunities as you mention. I would certainly like to see the likes of Hannibal or Amad (obviously not goin gto happen with a loan) in ahead of players like Mata and Pereira today for instance and it pains me to see James starting above all of those options

Jaykespeare88

In the same unit as Varane, Sancho, Amad and Garner on some of the drills, anything to take away from that in any way? Maybe these players are the ones earmarked for a more significant roles this season

Crustanoid

If this happened to Chelsea or City their bench value would drop 200 million

P-Nut

In the same unit as Varane, Sancho, Amad and Garner on some of the drills, anything to take away from that in any way? Maybe these players are the ones earmarked for a more significant roles this season
Guessing the ones to not feature much against Leeds. Probably on slightly different drills to those with a significant amount of minutes under their belts.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I hope they tweak the rule like say 3 normal subs allowed + 1 under 21 sub allowed. And as you said reserve last two spots for U21. This will give young players more chance.

lysglimt

Scout
Stuff like this is what grates me about Solskjaer and the way we operate regarding resale value, that we never actually seem to utilise anyway, Lingard says he wants to "fight for his place" but the time for him to fight for his place was 2.5 years ago. We've invested a fairly significant amount of money in some hyper-talented young players who seem to be perenially trapped behind the nearly men who've been here for years.

Looking at players like James it gets you wondering, he wasn't much older than some of these lads when he joined with only one season of football under his belt, but that perceived experience has now trickled its way into over 100 senior appearances. Any time someone like Amad or Elanga doesn't get chosen by Solskjaer for a game people often cite experience being the key factor, but how are they ever going to amass the same game time as James if he keeps getting picked because he was lucky enough to amass game time first? Seems like a paradox to me.
Well Daniel James was 3 months away from his 21 birthday when he joined us - he had played 40 times for Swansea. Elanga is 19, Hannibal turns 19 in 5 months - Shoretire turns 18 at around the same time as Hannibal.

So yes he was much older than these lads - the difference between 18-19 and 21 is fairly big at this level.

lysglimt

Scout
It basically sums up most businesses, they won't hire you because you don't have experience but no ones willing to give you that experience.

I'd say I was shocked to hear, but I wasn't, that James has scored 9 goals in 72 games for United, 2 of those were vs Southampton. So he's contributed 7 goals in 71 games, which is an average of 1 in 10 games, for a winger at United, that's diabolical.

We need to sack off this idea of preserving players values, especially when Elanga has arguably had the best pre season out of our attacking players, he's deserved games on merit and he even scored vs Wolves the last game of the season.
Yes but Elanga is injured - otherwise he might have been given the chance. None of the others are anywhere physically ready for the P.L yet. Amad was poor against quite average players in the Olympics - he is not ready.

Bestietom

Yes but Elanga is injured - otherwise he might have been given the chance. None of the others are anywhere physically ready for the P.L yet. Amad was poor against quite average players in the Olympics - he is not ready.
Young players can be fit very quickly, and maturity and physicality will come from gametime. If they are good enough they should be given this gametime, even it's cameo appearances to start with.

Bestietom

I agree.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Training with the first team, it seems.

I’d love to know what Varane’s real thoughts are following his first training session.

How do Solskjaer and his staff’s sessions compare to the sessions Zidane and his team run?

How do the United squad hold up technically compared to Madrid? When you’ve been training with Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Ramos and Marcelo… how does he feel it compares training with Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood, Sancho, Fred, Maguire and Shaw?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’d love to know what Varane’s real thoughts are following his first training session.

How do Solskjaer and his staff’s sessions compare to the sessions Zidane and his team run?

How do the United squad hold up technically compared to Madrid? When you’ve been training with Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Ramos and Marcelo… how does he feel it compares training with Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood, Sancho, Fred, Maguire and Shaw?
And who the feck is the gurning bloke wearing my shirt number?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He’s going to be unbelievable. Can’t wait until he’s getting chances in the first team.
The most pleasing thing was to see him play in a deeper midfield role, which is where he played for Monaco.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Looked fecking class in that. Hope he gets some minutes and isn’t someone else we criminally under use.

pratyush_utd

'Majestic Mejbri' at times.

It's a shame how it ended because that will take away the shine from this performance. Everytime he was near someone I was praying that he didn't go for the tackle.

He is kind of player people will happily pay more to watch. Hopefully we will help him get to the level we all think he is capable of.

One query, does red card in this tournament makes him unavailable for reserves and first team next game ( not that he will play) ?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Base left of the 2 in 4-2-3-1 in this game?

For the first team, to get PT where do you think he will be deployed?

I don't know what the point of him playing in these games is anymore. He looks like he should be in the PL, either loaned or getting minutes with us.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Great to see him playing in a deeper position in midfield. The MUTV commentator said that Wood is going use him in that position more this season.

pratyush_utd

I don't like when player roll around when they get tackled but I think Hannibal has to learn that instead of retaliating. It works for most of the senior footballers should work for him. In the video shared above you could see how some of the tackle were just intended to hit him rather than get the ball off him. He needs to learn how to make fouls into yellow card for opposition

Litch

.....and people wonder why the lad from Brum went to Dortmund? If he 'd signed here, he' did have never seen first team football much less play in a CL semi....Amad scores a superb goal in Europe and we have barely seen him since!!

Mickson

.....and people wonder why the lad from Brum went to Dortmund? If he 'd signed here, he' did have never seen first team football much less play in a CL semi....Amad scores a superb goal in Europe and we have barely seen him since!!
bUT oLe gIveS youTh a ChanCe

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Going out on a limb here but maybe Amad isn’t as good as “the lad from Brum”? Mason’s been getting plenty of games for us.

cyberman

Not sure giving youth a chance is playing them when they aren’t ready and have our toxic fanbase lambast them for drawing a game.

Mickson

Only Villa and Fulham had a younger squad than us last year, but sure, OlE nEvEr PlAyS yOuTh.
YEAH he is such a youth coach! Playing the 23-year-old Rashford who has over 200 games for United, and the AWB bought for 50 million who had over 50 first-team games, and the McTominay who had made his debut two seasons before Ole came in! That is what giving youth a chance means! I mean, he gave Rashford a chance! Well, we can of course ignore that he was one of the key players in the team, but still, such bravery should result in knighthood.

Not sure giving youth a chance is playing them when they aren’t ready and have our toxic fanbase lambast them for drawing a game.
He is ready and would've already played plenty in a team like Dortmund.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

4:14 which of our midfielders is capable of this. Only one, Mejbri.

He is ready. I believe he'll quickly adapt to playing in the first team.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
YEAH he is such a youth coach! Playing the 23-year-old Rashford who has over 200 games for United, and the AWB bought for 50 million who had over 50 first-team games, and the McTominay who had made his debut two seasons before Ole came in! That is what giving youth a chance means! I mean, he gave Rashford a chance! Well, we can of course ignore that he was one of the key players in the team, but still, such bravery should result in novelty.
Nice rant but for someone who seems obsessed with our younger players it’s weird you can’t seem to remember the youngest first teamer.

Mickson

Nice rant but for someone who seems obsessed with our younger players it’s weird you can’t seem to remember the youngest first teamer.
Yep, one of the few he actually gave a chance. Although he insisted on playing James before him a lot, he is forgiven now. He just needs to stop subbing him now.

El Zoido

Exactly this. Youth players need to be managed carefully, United has a magnifying glass on them that somewhere like Dortmund doesn’t. It’s more than just being a decent player, the mental side will wreck them if they’re not ready.