Happy Slip Day

Nero

Have you ever seen Gerrard win the league?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This will sound small time but it was as much our victory as it was Chelsea's. After such a shit season there was a glimmer of hope, it was like the curse of Moyes had been broken and everything could go back to normal.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I still maintain that it was a stevie starfish reflex dive. He realised he'd miss controlled it and the damage was done and started to go down like he always does before realising it wouldn't do him any favours and then got up and chased.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No less than he deserved. Evens it up for when he played a delightful through pass to Drogba to score at Anfield while we were chasing Chelsea down for the title.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
One of the greatest moments in English football in years - every single thing about that was absolutely perfect. It was almost enough to make you think God really did exist, it was such a dream scenario playing-out before our eyes :drool:

Ban

I could watch that goal whole day. I remember I felt a huge relief, than happiness, than I laugh at Liverpool, hard.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's incredible isn't it? A scriptwriter couldn't think of the scenario "team captain saying it won't slip but then he slips himself". :lol:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's incredible isn't it? A scriptwriter couldn't think of the scenario "team captain saying it won't slip but then he slips himself". :lol:
If he thought of it, it would have been dismissed as too poetic to be true.

Cloud7

I remember when this happened, I genuinely could not believe what I had just seen. After the big passionate "this does not slip" he literally went and slipped. That had to be some form of divine intervention, there was no way something so perfect could happen by chance.

Demba Ba the cult hero, for retaining the integrity of the premier league by not letting this lot get their hands on it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This will sound small time but it was as much our victory as it was Chelsea's. After such a shit season there was a glimmer of hope, it was like the curse of Moyes had been broken and everything could go back to normal.
It was a victory for everyone my friend. United fans, City fans, Chelsea fans, Arsenal fans, Everton fans... Football fans from across the world united by a single great moment.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I still find it hard to believe that something this perfect actually happened :lol:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Reading back through that match day thread is awesome :lol:

Let's all remember Paz wanted Liverpool to win rather than City the lunatic.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I still find it hard to believe that something this perfect actually happened :lol:
I know I was 100% resigned to them winning the league-

Then the miracle of the slip happened - and in such a perfectly funny way too. At the time it cost me over £160 in winnings as I'd put a safety bet on them winning the title about 6 games into the season and I was thinking about what I could use the money for to console myself that they were winning it just shy of matching our 26 year drought. Lots of alcohol was on my shopping list and then suddenly it was all rainbows and sunshine after the potential darkness.

The thought that they might one day actually win the league always makes me nauseous.

devil in me

A season where we were terrible, Liverpool were excellent, yet they still managed to become the laughing stock. Superb.

Zlatattack

ironically - it might be the day we slip our opportunity for 4th place...

Skills

Snitch
Where's that hilarious Gerrard thread after the slip? One of the all time great caf threads

AXVnee7

Surely got to be the single most funniest moment in PL history.

montpelier

they won at Norwich after his speech didn't they?

but so much that was glorious to watch followed (with them only needing 4pts from 2 games)

the Aspas corner - :lol:, as they tried so hard to retrieve the deficit

Suarez crying & needing help to leave the field was brilliant too (we can do it on the goal difference, lads, :lol:)

Tarrou

I'd given up on the season already, of course, and furthermore I'd resigned myself to Liverpool winning the title and a lifetime of hearing scouse poetry about it. I saw Chelsea's line-up for that day and decided not to watch the game and inflict more misery on myself. My first knowledge of the slip was the sea of green smileys that appeared in the match-day thread, which I'd been checking every 10 mins or so. At first I just thought Stevie Me had done something a bit silly, but it soon transpired that Ba had scored so I tuned in for the second half and what can only be described as a hilarious performance from Me and his men. The next few days were haze of memes and piss-taking, soon to be followed by the now historic Crystalbull bottle-job. Thank you Stevie for a wondeful ending to our worst season in my lifetime, I remember it like it was yesterday.