Happy Slip Day

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I don't even know why I clicked on this thread.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The Palace comeback was much more enjoyable for me. One of the most satisfying games I remember witnessing.
Yep. I think so too. Watching the Jimmy Liddell video makes it even more epical

Inter Yer Nan

I can only really count on one hand the amount of sporting moments that gave me this much satisfaction.

It was perfect on every level. The media wanking themselves into a frenzy over them, the speech, the fans with the "champions t-shirts", the cockiness that the title was already there's, the slip, Jose's celebration, the meltdown. Just glorious stuff and then there's the Palace game and Dracula's tears. Well we can save the anniversary celebrations for that a few days and enjoy Slippy G's day.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Funny thing is that if Mignolet was in the form he has been this season, he probably would have saved that.

Thisistheone

I'd given up hope. And then he went and fecking slipped!

Greatest non-Utd moment.

Thank you Jose and Demba. Thank you.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I also really loved it when Gerrard pushed the camera away at Palace.

I remember shouting some pretty obscene stuff at the screen about him not being so keen on kidding cameras now. Glorious

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Anyone have a link to the rawk meltdown page after the Chelsea game and crystanbul?

Woodzy

He gets away without ridicule for that fecking awful touch because of that slip. He should count himself lucky.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He gets away without ridicule for that fecking awful touch because of that slip. He should count himself lucky.
Yeah the failed attempt to casually take that in his stride is what fecked him, he might not have caught Ba anyway without the slip.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Both Dwight Gale and Demba Ba disappeared into obscurity. Both deserve statues or something :p
Once he left you guys, I legitimately wanted us to offer to buy Ba just as a thank you for that goal. In fact, I still would be completely in favour of signing the guy now, regardless of whatever state he's in these days - hell, give him Rooney's contract while we're at it :lol:

At the very least we should offer to make him a Manchester United ambassador once he retires :devil:

Strachans Cigar

For us older reds in terms of watching glorious LFC failures, I'd imagine it's a tough shout between the Gerrard slip and another scouse cnut Steve McMahon holding his index finger aloft and mouthing "1 minute" to all his Scouse colleagues before Michael Thomas scored the goal that won the league for the Arse in that very last minute in 1989.

So happy that I have two lovely memories to choose from. Cheers Stevie :)

Djemba-Djemba

My all time favourite non Utd football moment.

Struggle to see how it could ever be beaten. It's absolutely perfect.

theralyst

I celebrated that Chelsea win like it was a United win, probably the only time I will ever support another team to that extent.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
"...and then he actually, literally, feckin slipped."

ShoePolish

I remember I didn't watch the game, because I thought Pool will stuff them. They just beat City away, so lacklustre Chelsea, with almost second string team, was never gonna poise a threat. Glad I was wrong.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Probably my favourite footballing memory ever, if I'm truly honest with myself. The Treble, 2007-08, the Double Double... they were all nice and that, but Gerrard costing the Scousers the league, just when the giddiness was at fever pitch and they were singing "We're gonna win the league!" with such belief and gusto, was something else entirely.

It will never, ever be bettered.

Art Vandelay

Probably my favourite footballing memory ever, if I'm truly honest with myself. The Treble, 2007-08, the Double Double... they were all nice and that, but Gerrard costing the Scousers the league, just when the giddiness was at fever pitch and they were singing "We're gonna win the league!" with such belief and gusto, was something else entirely.

It will never, ever be bettered.
Don't forget the pre-game march. It adds to sheer hilarity of it all.

Sterling Archer

One of the greatest moments in English football in years - every single thing about that was absolutely perfect. It was almost enough to make you think God really did exist, it was such a dream scenario playing-out before our eyes :drool:

Yup. It was just too perfect.

GeorgieBoy

I was at Bolton train station listening to this on 5 live.
A day I'll never forget.
Happy Slip Day everyone!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
How has this thread gone on for so long without this brilliant gif? :lol:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Don't forget the pre-game march. It adds to sheer hilarity of it all.
Christ, how could we forget? Sky, up to their necks in Scouse sphincters, were showing the Kop's pre-match rendition of YAWN in its entirety with no voiceovers from Tyler and co., a practice normally reserved for a minute's silence. The Scousers, the media, the rest of the league, all lost the run of themselves and were practically crowning them champions before a ball was kicked v Chelsea.

Mourinho was a United hero long before he ever knew it.