Hargreaves vs. Carrick, Feadingseagulls vs. Noodle, Chief (Bayern Fan!) vs. Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

robthered

:lol:

And I've only just read the first post. With this new knowledge I can now quite certainly say that Owen Hargreaves is not the next Roy Keane.

(Get in, 71 pages)

Feedingseagulls

I would be if I was writing a thesis or an official speech. Or some other official document, where proper English is used. The type with no grammatic, phonetic or structural error. But I was using spoken English. The type people speak. The type that allows people to say "Me shirt was caught in the door" or use slang & still have people understand what they mean.

But on here, to my chagrin, I keep having to spell out every bloody thing I mean when I post. As I'm back in freaking grammar school:mad:
Calm down FFS chief! I'm sort of on your side.

We just want you to clarify which sense of '2nd' you meant in different statemants.

I reckon you want to say that you started out by supporting Bayern due to family reasons - then you fell in love with Utd. - now you support them equally.

Is that right?

robthered

:D I couldnt be bothered looking for them, It would take me approximately 3 months to read everything in this thread.

Here's my contribution :

Carrick is better, cause he doesnt have stupid hair.
Oh god, now you've done it.

I think the gist is that some people reckon Hargreaves' hair is exactly what is needed in Europe, whilst Carrick's hair, although nice lacks some experience scruff in the neck or something like that.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Calm down FFS chief! I'm sort of on your side.
I'm not mad at you. I'm just and at having to always spell out every single thing I mean when I post. Simply because people are always ready to misconstrue it, on here.

We just want you to clarify which sense of '2nd' you meant in different statemants.
That Manchester United is the second club side from a small group of two that I support. From a group that basically has no hierarchy.

I reckon you want to say that you started out by supporting Bayern due to family reasons - then you fell in love with Utd. - now you support them equally.

Is that right?
Pretty much

kf

If Carrick had hair like Hargreaves, we'd have won in Milan. I'm supremely confident of that. :smirk:
This is the second best argument in the thread. After the porpoise one. And by second I am implying a hierarchy. Although in this case the temporal meaning is equally valid. But that's not the one I intended. Just to be clear.

Is that OK?

So in conclusion, that Michael Carrick bloke had better go get himself a perm, the useless bastard.

Blimey Chief, as my Liverpool supporting mate always says about Fergie, have you got sand in your vagina?
:rolleyes: another insult Jesus..God:annoyed:

My original comment was merely aimed at pointing out that supporting two teams in the CL Final must have been a bit weird that's all. It's only my perception of it.
Yep. Equating some one to :wenger: and "imagining" how the might have felt in 99, in the clearly stupid fashion you portrayed, is only showing how ""must have been a bit weird that's all."

Right:rolleyes:

I asked you questions which allowed to put forward your views.
After I reacted angrily to your freaking piss take.

I said that they were fair enough in your world ....
In my world? So suddenly I live on planet Earth and you dont? Or wasn't that an obvious case of saying I live in some imagined plane of inane existence, which an uncalled for insult, again? Just like in your first post?

Why I am not as indigdant and offended as you I can't quite work out?
Maybe because you are naturally a rude individual. Skilled in the art of insulting people for now reason.

And just for your info I do put United above my national side. They play in the same country as well. I am also not alone in feeling like this.
Just like I'm not alone in supporting two sides equally. So you have no right to take the piss.

gerrydaly

Praying to have a guy on top of him
:D I couldnt be bothered looking for them, It would take me approximately 3 months to read everything in this thread.

Here's my contribution :

Carrick is better, cause he doesnt have stupid hair.
I'm waiting for it to be available on Amazon.

Will it be on telly? Hope it's on BBC. Sky's only my second chioce channel.

ralphie88

Reading a later post of his - he is obviously referring to temporal priority.
Ah right, I gets him now.

Chief, a few questions -

1. Do you have a third, fourth or fifth team or did you just stop at two? Were you not tempted, for example, to support Bordeaux after Zidane led them to UEFA Cup glory?

2. You said you supported United in 1999. Who did you support in 2001?

3. You have accused people criticising Hargreaves's performances this season for not being objective enough. And yet now you admit to being a Bayern fan. Don't you think your love of all things Bayern might have clouded your judgement on this one?

Feedingseagulls

3. You have accused people criticising Hargreaves's performances this season for not being objective enough. And yet now you admit to being a Bayern fan. Don't you think your love of all things Bayern might have clouded your judgement on this one?
Much though I admire the chief's persistence here, and although I generally agree with his comments, I think you have a good point here - one which any supporter would struggle tio answer if being honest. Doesn't mean the guy concerned has really been overly subjective either though.

Ah right, I gets him now.

Chief, a few questions -

1. Do you have a third, fourth or fifth team or did you just stop at two? Were you not tempted, for example, to support Bordeaux after Zidane led them to UEFA Cup glory?
I fecking hate Zidane. You have now topped my hate list

2. You said you supported United in 1999. Who did you support in 2001?
Neither

Talk of being a village idiot. :rolleyes: so my Love of MANCHESTER UNITED DOESN'T FACTOR INTO THE EQUATION AT ALL?

acnumber9

You are on a list that comes from a small group of 1.

so the feck what?
Dear God.

As it goes I sort of understand where you're coming from. I support both Manchester United and my local side Glentoran. When we played in pre season I went along in my Glentoran shirt wearing a Utd scarf. The difference for me is that Glentoran are unfortunately nothing more than a part time team. If ever they were playing competitively with Manchester United I would have to make a choice between them. That choice would be United. What people find difficult to understand is being able to support two teams equally when there have been so many occassions where the two have met.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
academia.
don't get me started on academia
I hate academics

these are people who failed to get by in the real world so they locked themselves into a university and write papers on topics no one gives a shit about.

I apologise if anyone here is an academic. However, I do have ample proof of this
You're just jealous because we get paid a decent wage to work about 30 days a year doing a job we love, carry out research into areas that genuinely interest us, drink beer in meetings, and get more fresh student minge offered on a plate than our tongues know what to do with. :cool:
Makes me glad I'm doing what I'm doing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.