Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

I think it's pretty clear from that briefing that it's not Kane or bust. We've been linked with half a dozen strikers and I think we'll be more than prepared to walk away knowing he's available on a free in 12 months.
Yeah and that's the right strategy

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Hell no.

We should offer 50 mil take it or leave it and if they don't accept we get him for free a season later. He can't go to Arsenal or Spurs while City and pool are sorted up front. Kane wants to stay in the PL to break Shearers record.

Buy a young striker this summer and get Kane next season when we are closer to challenging for all the big trophies.
How would you be closer to challenging for all the big trophies in one year with a young striker instead of Kane? Do you even have top 4 secured?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
How would you be closer to challenging for all the big trophies in one year with a young striker instead of Kane? Do you even have top 4 secured?
If we sign 3/4 starters why shouldn't we be closer to challenging? We played with the ghost of Martial and Wout and still got top four. With striker and goalkeeper the truth is any decent level replacement would be an improvement. Add in a top midfielder as well and we will have a team that's more than 50% Ten Hags and I trust that that will lead to improvements.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If we don’t get him this summer then I can see the following scenario happening:

1. End of next season Haaland goes to Real Madrid.
2. Harry Kane joins City on a free for a couple of seasons to win a PL and get the goal record.

Hammondo

Why i am fully optimistic regarding this;
1)Without CL no way he is staying.
2) He is their legend and he spent whole career there. Even Levy will not be that stupid to force him to stay
3) Contract expiring next year means that price will not be crazy high.
4) Kane wants to win stuff

Done deal!
What is he going to win with us though?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What is he going to win with us though?
Yeah, this is the thing I never understand about this potential transfer. Wanting to win trophies makes sense, but there is absolutely no guarantee we will win anything whatsoever by the time he leaves. A move to Bayern or somewhere would make more sense in that case.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Hold on, you think we can buy BOTH Kolo Muani and Hojlund for £100m? Now I get why you think Kane is overpriced.
On second look I have Kolo price a bit too low, he will be closer to 80m.

Either way I always thought we should sign two forwards this summer if possible, whether it’s two strikers or one striker and a winger while shifting Rashford up top a bit more. Our forward line outside of Rashford has basically 0 production aside from Garnacho super sub minutes

Doracle

“If they get £100m they might need to spend £80m of that on a replacement… so they might just let him go for free in a year”. Sound business logic being displayed by Ornstein there.

Feels like Levy is starting to put out a lot of press to try and drive up the price for a sale this summer.

Doracle

On second look I have Kolo price a bit too low, he will be closer to 80m.

Either way I always thought we should sign two forwards this summer if possible, whether it’s two strikers or one striker and a winger while shifting Rashford up top a bit more. Our forward line outside of Rashford has basically 0 production aside from Garnacho super sub minutes
Suggested prices I’ve seen are £105m for Kolo and £60m for Hojlund. Even if we can get a bit of a discount on those, I suspect best case is £150m for both. That won’t be happening.

We would ideally want two forwards but it is an area we can make do with one top class one for this summer I think. Kane, Rashford, Martial, Antony, Sancho, Garnacho and Diallo is quite a lot of cover, even if I don’t rate a couple of them.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Suggested prices I’ve seen are £105m for Kolo and £60m for Hojlund. Even if we can get a bit of a discount on those, I suspect best case is £150m for both. That won’t be happening.

We would ideally want two forwards but it is an area we can make do with one top class one for this summer I think. Kane, Rashford, Martial, Antony, Sancho, Garnacho and Diallo is quite a lot of cover, even if I don’t rate a couple of them.
Ye a top striker like Kane would probably help rashford, sancho, Antony. They should increase their numbers. Although we do want 2 forwards, we only play 1 up top so 1 would have to be a world class striker and the other someone who isn’t bothered about rotating so maybe an up and coming young striker. The guy from Atalanta might be decent for that role as he doesn’t start all the time for Atalanta so he’ll be use to it.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
“If they get £100m they might need to spend £80m of that on a replacement… so they might just let him go for free in a year”. Sound business logic being displayed by Ornstein there.

Feels like Levy is starting to put out a lot of press to try and drive up the price for a sale this summer.
Not exactly what he means or said though is it. You missed out the key part of the sentence after the 80M

"....of that on a replacement....who may not guarantee you what Kane does, so they may just let him go...."

Just a poor excuse to have an unnecessary dig at Ornstein and then put on your tin foil hat about Levy trying to put the price up.

Tarrou

its horseshit anyway, Levy will just say he's willing to let him run his contract down to get some leverage

but everyone knows it's a terrible business decision to turn down 100m+ in this spot.. so doubt anyone is falling for it

Doracle

Not exactly what he means or said though is it. You missed out the key part of the sentence after the 80M

"....of that on a replacement....who may not guarantee you what Kane does, so they may just let him go...."

Just a poor excuse to have an unnecessary dig at Ornstein and then put on your tin foil hat about Levy trying to put the price up.
I mean, what you’ve quoted there sounds even more stupid. “We can’t get someone as good, so we are best off getting nothing instead of £100m”…

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm sure that's that. A much higher price is venturing into Osimhen territory anyway

Doracle

its horseshit anyway, Levy will just say he's willing to let him run his contract down to get some leverage

but everyone knows it's a terrible business decision to turn down 100m+ in this spot.. so doubt anyone is falling for it
Yes quite. There’s absolutely no reason for Levy to be getting this type of message out there unless he is hoping to sell. I do think it will be hilarious if they have to lose him for nothing next summer though.The way they have treated one of their greatest ever players has been pretty bad. Look at the difference with how West Ham have worked with Rice as a contrast.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The sooner we avoid this circus, the better. Kane deal won't be done quickly and we don't really want to load up a rival with cash for a player who is only good for like 2-3 years.

He is probably the De Jong of this summer. I expect the same result.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Kane is irreplaceable. Get 100m this year and find it difficult to replace him or lose him for free next year and still find it difficult to replace him.

-Supreme-

For the first time Levy is in a very weak position to negotiate given his contract status, and as much as he doesn’t want to sell to a PL club he simply won’t be able to shift him aboard.

£60m or we get him for free next year.

L1nk

Yes quite. There’s absolutely no reason for Levy to be getting this type of message out there unless he is hoping to sell. I do think it will be hilarious if they have to lose him for nothing next summer though.The way they have treated one of their greatest ever players has been pretty bad. Look at the difference with how West Ham have worked with Rice as a contrast.
What?

Ornstein was asked the question so he answered and Ornstein is as reliable as it gets, why are you so insistent this is a Levy brief to try and up the price?

Levy is under a lot of pressure now, you think he also wants to lose his star player? Spurs fans will have his head on a spike if he sells to someone like us unless we massively overpay. He’ll chance a free in the hopes he can get him to sign another contract next year watch

Doracle

What?

Ornstein was asked the question so he answered and Ornstein is as reliable as it gets, why are you so insistent this is a Levy brief to try and up the price?

Levy is under a lot of pressure now, you think he also wants to lose his star player? Spurs fans will have his head on a spike if he sells to someone like us unless we massively overpay. He’ll chance a free in the hopes he can get him to sign another contract next year watch
I hope you are right. It wouldn’t be good for us but the hubris of Spurs losing a £100m player to Chelsea for free would be fantastic viewing. I’m sure Spurs fans would be thrilled with Levy if that’s how it pans out. Sadly, I actually think Levy is a decent businessman though, so I can’t see it happening.

chris123

But, why? Finished 8th WITH him, no European football next season, you're next going to achieve anything in the next year so surely cashing in and starting a proper rebuild is the only logical step.

Matt851

But, why? Finished 8th WITH him, no European football next season, you're next going to achieve anything in the next year so surely cashing in and starting a proper rebuild is the only logical step.
Levy is an idiot, he is more obsessed with getting one over other clubs than trying to make spurs successful

No way United get kane for a reasonable fee

Lecland07

What?

If Ornstein is reliable then it is definitely a brief from Levy. Otherwise, he wouldn't exactly be reliable if his source was some random bum. Levy wants the maximum they can get; it is all posturing.

If Kane doesn't sign a contract, they will be getting half a season out of him at best. He will perform for his suitors until January, where he will sign with another club. The rest of the season, he will likely relax and not risk any injuries to himself until the next season. It would be dreadful business for them.

Turning down anywhere close to £100m would be sheer insanity.

Doracle

If Ornstein is reliable then it is definitely a brief from Levy. Otherwise, he wouldn't exactly be reliable if his source was some random bum. Levy wants the maximum they can get; it is all posturing.

If Kane doesn't sign a contract, they will be getting half a season out of him at best. He will perform for his suitors until January, where he will sign with another club. The rest of the season, he will likely relax and not risk any injuries to himself until the next season. It would be dreadful business for them.

Turning down anywhere close to £100m would be sheer insanity.
I am just trying to imagine what the reaction would be on here if (worst case scenario) Rashford was to announce this summer that he was not re-signing and our board turned down £100m from Chelsea, only for him to sign for City for free next summer. That’s basically what people seem to be suggesting Spurs are going to risk with Kane.

gajender

Everybody who believes Levy would be fool to keep Kane and refuse 80-100 m is working on an assumption that offer in that range is on the table , what if United or some random Club though interested in Kane aren't willing to go even that high due to Kane's contract length and age .

That changes the whole dynamic completely .

SAF is the GOAT

Really don't get Levy - Does he want to ruin Kane's career ?
What will he gain from making him stay another year ? he'll get a player that is angry and in despair and that probably will affect his performances on the pitch.

gajender

What will he gain from making him stay another year ? he'll get a player that is angry and in despair and that probably will affect his performances on the pitch.
Or he might be able to convince him to renew his contract don't discount that possibility , a year is a long time in football .

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He got an "angry and desperate" Kane for this season already. Kane did alright.
Levy doesn't give a damn about Kane's career, let's be honest.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Why would Levy care about any players career? Do you think any chairman does?