Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If Ferguson was still a manager he'd have bought Kane around 2016 breaking the bank and spending the Pogba money on him.
Ye fergie loved his strikers and always made sure we had at least 2 quality ST.

croadyman

He has / is completely wasting his prime anyway.

It’s such a waste of a truly World class player.

It’s incredible that he’s stayed at Spurs into his 30s really.

He belongs at Utd, I’ve always thought so.
Needs to prove how much he wants it then

Belisarius

I hope we dont go paying stupid money for a 29 yo striker. Players like him seldom last long... RVP gave us 1 good year and that's it for him. I'd rather spunk the same amount of money for an established younger player like Osimhen who can last 1-2 years of transition and is still young enough when we're finally ready to mount a title challenge.

I'd say were still 2-3 years away from challenging. With Kane by the time we're ready he's already 32ish and i dont know if we can use him for 50 games a season
Kind of agree. But, I would still like to have Kane. My hope is we offer around 50 m to 60 m. If we get him at that price great. If not, then hopefully Kane runs down his contract and we get him on a free next year. We sign someone younger this year and get by with the new guy and Martial for a year. Then we get maybe a couple of good years of Kane with the young guy deputizing and then eventually taking over when Kane's form regresses.

I wish I could be more certain that If he does run down his contract he would choose United. I worry he would just go to the highest premier league bidder which could be Chelsea or Newcastle as well as ourselves.

erikcred

I hope we dont go paying stupid money for a 29 yo striker. Players like him seldom last long... RVP gave us 1 good year and that's it for him. I'd rather spunk the same amount of money for an established younger player like Osimhen who can last 1-2 years of transition and is still young enough when we're finally ready to mount a title challenge.

I'd say were still 2-3 years away from challenging. With Kane by the time we're ready he's already 32ish and i dont know if we can use him for 50 games a season
Arsenal's performance this season suggests otherwise. Yes, it's going to take some luck, but that's always been the case. In 2-3 years, Chelsea may very well be right back up there, not to mention Newcastle. City are not going anywhere. After 3 consecutive titles, City's motivation may dip in the coming season. Especially if they also win the CL and some of their players start looking for pastures anew.

We're a Harry Kane and a season-long decent injury record away from challenging seriously. By that, I mean we go into the final day with a chance to win the league.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Yeah getting the better of Levy looks impossible
Getting the better of Levy is so easy, just don't sign Kane. Watch them struggle and finish 7th again - (with a striker scoring 30 fecking league goals, this is almost impossible to be that bad when you have someone scoring that many goals) - and then he leaves for free and they finish mid table.

Getting the better of Levy is just letting him be Levy tbh. The guy is inept. He sold Bale to Madrid, rebuilt the team and got to a UCL final. He could have sold Kane two seasons ago for £120m and rebuilt the team stronger and started a new era with a stronger squad.

Eddy_JukeZ

Getting the better of Levy is so easy, just don't sign Kane. Watch them struggle and finish 7th again - (with a striker scoring 30 fecking league goals, this is almost impossible to be that bad when you have someone scoring that many goals) - and then he leaves for free and they finish mid table.

Getting the better of Levy is just letting him be Levy tbh. The guy is inept. He sold Bale to Madrid, rebuilt the team and got to a UCL final. He could have sold Kane two seasons ago for £120m and rebuilt the team stronger and started a new era with a stronger squad.
I mean they wasted a lot of that Bale money initially.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He has / is completely wasting his prime anyway.

It’s such a waste of a truly World class player.

It’s incredible that he’s stayed at Spurs into his 30s really.

He belongs at Utd, I’ve always thought so.
Police!!! Grammar Police!

NoPace

So it wouldn't make sense for Sancho.
Well, we do see players take wage cuts or teams subsidize part of their wages, but in terms of swaps it's the only one I could really see making sense other than Maguire, and I think the PR of a Maguire for Kane swap would be tough to swallow for Spurs.

Djemba-Djemba

Levy will be more than happy to hurt Spurs in the long term as long as it means he doesn't sell to us.

In 2008 he dragged the Berbatov transfer out as late as possible to the point that by the time he did finally agree to the sale, Spurs had no time to replace him and so went into the rest of the season with a massive issue up front. They ended up flirting with a relegation battle for most of the season.

It's completely stupid to keep Kane for one more year where they're likely again to finish mid table and then lose him for nothing but that's what he'll do.

cheekybackheel

Amazed at the amount of people saying 'let's get Kane on a free next year'

Why?? The guys going to be another year older, more wear and tear on ligaments and past his peak.

He either comes here this year or fecks off entirely. Don't want him next year even if he is free (which I seriously doubt Levy wouldn't get around somehow). We need to be thinking of the future and building a youngish team that can go forward for many years, not filling it with OAP strikers past their best.

A lot of fans have got used to mediocrity.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If he doesn’t push for a move then he’s a mug.
How hard does he push? I don’t think he needs to kick up a fuss cause I do t think it will work either.
leaving for nothing is already enough os a stick to hold.
If Levy refuses to negotiate, then he is the mug.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And miss out on £80-100m? It doesn’t make sense to me. I think it’s your heart talking not your head.
I have talked about this before - firstly with Kane in our side we have a much better chance of getting in the top 4 than without him - if we managed that next year then that would bring in close to that in terms of prize money anyway. Secondly I have zero trust in Spurs spending any money we got from Kane on players that will improve the side, we pretty much wasted the Bale money and I think we would likely do the same again.

Siorac

Amazed at the amount of people saying 'let's get Kane on a free next year'

Why?? The guys going to be another year older, more wear and tear on ligaments and past his peak.

He either comes here this year or fecks off entirely. Don't want him next year even if he is free (which I seriously doubt Levy wouldn't get around somehow). We need to be thinking of the future and building a youngish team that can go forward for many years, not filling it with OAP strikers past their best.

A lot of fans have got used to mediocrity.
If you think signing him on a free next year is a bad idea, then surely you must also believe that signing him for a massive fee this summer is an even worse idea.

The only way buying him makes any sense is if we expect him to contribute significantly in the next 4-5 years. And if we do think that, then surely a free transfer a mere year later makes sense.

I mean, I don't really want him, precisely because we shouldn't spend the majority of our budget on a 30-year old. But 'either come this year or feck off' doesn't really make sense.

cheekybackheel

If you think signing him on a free next year is a bad idea, then surely you must also believe that signing him for a massive fee this summer is an even worse idea.

The only way buying him makes any sense is if we expect him to contribute significantly in the next 4-5 years. And if we do think that, then surely a free transfer a mere year later makes sense.

I mean, I don't really want him, precisely because we shouldn't spend the majority of our budget on a 30-year old. But 'either come this year or feck off' doesn't really make sense.
Don't get me wrong mate, I'm in your camp. I don't want him either.
I'm simply saying to the fans that do want him to think about what condition he will be in next year, even if he is 'free'.

I seriously don't want him. Nothing against him as a person, he's a nice guy. But if we're going to blow £100m on a striker it needs to be someone who can give us 4-5 years. Even if we did buy Kane this year for £100m, we'll get 2 years max out of him.

We're not getting 4-5 years out of Kane if he comes on a free next year. No way whatsoever.

And I'm not convinced he wants to leave Spurs anyway.

Remember the geese

I have talked about this before - firstly with Kane in our side we have a much better chance of getting in the top 4 than without him - if we managed that next year then that would bring in close to that in terms of prize money anyway. Secondly I have zero trust in Spurs spending any money we got from Kane on players that will improve the side, we pretty much wasted the Bale money and I think we would likely do the same again.
You aren't coming close to top 4 next season though.

Real Name

Players like him seldom last long in what sense? What are those kind of players?
Also about the part of us being ready. Well when you bring that kind of a player you slash the time of being ready by half, he makes you ready by himself.

Remember the geese

Depends on who we bring in as manager and the business we do in the summer.
I can't see you coming in any higher than 7th or 8th regardless of who you appoint or sign. I think you may finish above one or both of Brighton/Villa. However, I expect Chelsea to finish above you as well as all of the other sides who finished above you this season.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I can't see you coming in any higher than 7th or 8th regardless of who you appoint or sign. I think you may finish above one or both of Brighton/Villa. However, I expect Chelsea to finish above you as well as all of the other sides who finished above you this season.
Maybe but impossible to say right now - far too many variables around Spurs at the moment to be resolved.

the_cliff

With Benzema going to Saudi I can see Madrid being all over this.

Levy would rather do business with them as well. Would depend on Kane as I guess he'd want to stay in the prem and break Shearer's record.

Nickelodeon

You aren't coming close to top 4 next season though.
3 out of last year's top 4 got replaced. There are no such guarantees. With no European football for Chelsea and Spurs, if they get their appointments right, the battle for Top 4 can become quite intense.

Idxomer

3 out of last year's top 4 got replaced. There are no such guarantees. With no European football for Chelsea and Spurs, if they get their appointments right, the battle for Top 4 can become quite intense.
It's a battle for the top 5 now.

InfiniteBoredom

Depends on who we bring in as manager and the business we do in the summer. We have a striker with a guaranteed minimum 20 goals per season so we should be up there every season really.
You've had Mourinho and Conte as manager and did plenty of business since 19/20 and you have finished 6th, 7th, 4th and 8th with said striker scoring those goals.

It very much feels like better the devil we know to me, so what do you do if you finish 6th, 7th or 8th again next season and he leaves on a free? Where's the money coming from to replace him with that stadium still being paid for and no CL money?

Mind you, I've stated for a long time that I see Kane staying as the most likely outcome, but from a business and squad building POV that's very short sighted.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You've had Mourinho and Conte as manager and did plenty of business since 19/20 and you have finished 6th, 7th, 4th and 8th with said striker scoring those goals.

It very much feels like better the devil we know to me, so what do you do if you finish 6th, 7th or 8th again next season and he leaves on a free? Where's the money coming from to replace him with that stadium still being paid for and no CL money?

Mind you, I've stated for a long time that I see Kane staying as the most likely outcome, but from a business and squad building POV that's very short sighted.
You ask any Spurs fan and they will all say they want him to stay even if it means we lose out on a lot of money. We don't care about the business end, we are fans at the end of the day.

Eddy_JukeZ

With Benzema going to Saudi I can see Madrid being all over this.

Levy would rather do business with them as well. Would depend on Kane as I guess he'd want to stay in the prem and break Shearer's record.
I wonder how much players care about records like that.

I'd probably care about it a lot, but I think some don't care at all. Guess we'll see if Kane moves abroad or not.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wonder how much players care about records like that.

I'd probably care about it a lot, but I think some don't care at all. Guess we'll see if Kane moves abroad or not.
He wont be moving abroad because he has a settled young family and another kid on the way.

InfiniteBoredom

You ask any Spurs fan and they will all say they want him to stay even if it means we lose out on a lot of money. We don't care about the business end, we are fans at the end of the day.
Fans want Mbappe and Haaland signed and a quadruple every season.

It's down to the decision makers at the club to be clear eyed and make sound decisions for the long term health of the financial and sporting project. Brighton is selling their best players while progressing every year, Spurs once upon a time had a chance but failed to consolidate themselves with the right level of investment and now you have to go back to the drawing board. By keeping Kane, Levy is hedging the future of the club on the unlikely event that most competitors shat their pants again next season. You said you are worried about relegation next year but it's more than feasible that Spurs can find themselves in one soon if Kane leaves for free and the squad is not adequately refreshed. You still have Lloris in goal, Eric Dire, Sessegnon, Moura, Emerson Royal, Lenglet, Porro, Sanchez, Sarr, Tanganga, Bissouma, Danjuma on your team, that's a lot of crap/utterly mediocre players. They need to be replaced, and not for cheap considering the current market. And Kane himself.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Fans want Mbappe and Haaland signed and a quadruple every season.

It's down to the decision makers at the club to be clear eyed and make sound decisions for the long term health of the financial and sporting project. Brighton is selling their best players while progressing every year, Spurs once upon a time had a chance but failed to consolidate themselves with the right level of investment and now you have to go back to the drawing board. By keeping Kane, Levy is hedging the future of the club on the unlikely event that most competitors shat their pants again next season. You said you are worried about relegation next year but it's more than feasible that Spurs can find themselves in one soon if Kane leaves for free and the squad is not adequately refreshed. You still have Lloris in goal, Eric Dire, Sessegnon, Moura, Emerson Royal, Lenglet, Porro, Sanchez, Sarr, Tanganga, Bissouma, Danjuma on your team, that's a lot of crap/utterly mediocre players. They need to be replaced, and not for cheap considering the current market. And Kane himself.
Without European football our squad is going to need trimmed significantly because we wont play enough games to rotate much. Lloris will leave, Dier I think will leave (hopefully), Moura is going as well. The likes of Bissouma, Emerson (as a RCB), Porro and Sarr and good players but yes we have a lot of not good players in the squad that need shifted.