Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Players like him seldom last long in what sense? What are those kind of players?
Also about the part of us being ready. Well when you bring that kind of a player you slash the time of being ready by half, he makes you ready by himself.
That's true if we have unlimited funds.

We dont.

Buying him for absurd amount of money for a 2-3 years service is bad business. Since the money lost is an opportunity cost.

3 years from now we'd need to fill that gap again, with some big money we can utilize for other gaps

Real Name

We dont.

Buying him for absurd amount of money for a 2-3 years service is bad business. Since the money lost is an opportunity cost.

3 years from now we'd need to fill that gap again, with some big money we can utilize for other gaps
So we buy Osimhen for absurd money and hope he'll hit the ground right away?

Shinjch

Madrid seeming most likely for him at the moment, if he leaves at all that is.

Don't see him coming to United, which is a shame.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
I hope we dont go paying stupid money for a 29 yo striker. Players like him seldom last long... RVP gave us 1 good year and that's it for him. I'd rather spunk the same amount of money for an established younger player like Osimhen who can last 1-2 years of transition and is still young enough when we're finally ready to mount a title challenge.

I'd say were still 2-3 years away from challenging. With Kane by the time we're ready he's already 32ish and i dont know if we can use him for 50 games a season
He's the kind of player who will last much longer than the others because his game has absolutely nothing to do with pace and he's versatile, can drop deep and spray passes around for fun.

Harry is the kinda player who is resistant to steep decline due to age.

The only worry seems to be injuries..... although for a guy with a reputation of being injury prone, he plays a lot of games every season.

Fr. Todd Unctious

We dont.

In a nutshell for me.

Unless we're getting him for a "nominal" fee a la Sherringham

Wilt

It’s up to Kane to push Levy…. Kane will go to the club of his own choice (Utd?) either this or next year and definitely will not be signing any Spurs extension contract.

With or without Kane Spurs are mid table. Levy may as well sell now and give the incoming manager money to play with.

ClassOf'99

We dont.

We done the same thing with RVP, obviously for a lot less money, but if he had the same impact, a title or 2, and a few cups then the club would comfortably make that money back.

mctrials23

It’s up to Kane to push Levy…. Kane will go to the club of his own choice (Utd?) either this or next year and definitely will not be signing any Spurs extension contract.

With or without Kane Spurs are mid table. Levy may as well sell now and give the incoming manager money to play with.
This is what we thought last time he was signing a new contract. You never know. Kane doesn't seem to have that much ambition or he would have left Spurs years ago. Thats fine but I can 100% see him staying at Spurs his whole career.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
Harry Kane would be a great signing. We know he can deliver. I'd rather spend big bucks on him than the same amount in 3 players that will just warm up the bench or end up loaned.

cyberman

Every time I think of that good Spurs side a few years ago it still baffles me that they only got a good fee for Walker.
Levy has no idea how to sell a player. They aren’t getting top 4 next season with or without him but that’s next years problem or should I say 2 managers down the line problem

Wilt

This is what we thought last time he was signing a new contract. You never know. Kane doesn't seem to have that much ambition or he would have left Spurs years ago. Thats fine but I can 100% see him staying at Spurs his whole career.
Definitely think Kane will leave, most likely this summer.

Reckon Levy will deal with Utd, either cash or player and cash.

Infra-red

The talk earlier in the season was of two elite additions this summer, a #9 (Kane/Osimhen) and a #8 (De Jong/Bellingham). I don't think any of those four are gettable for United - I'd expect the club to move on to plan B without too much delay.

Doracle

I don’t think anyone was that surprised when Kane signed a contract in 2018, when Spurs looked a consistent CL team and went on to reach the final the following season. It also appears that he tried to give himself a get out after 3 years but trusted Levy on a gentlemen’s agreement, rather than ensuring it was in his contract.

The position now is very different. First, Spurs have dropped dramatically. No one sane could see them competing for major trophies currently. Their squad, apart from Kane, no longer contains any world class players. Second, Kane must feel somewhat betrayed by the way events in 2021 played out, as he clearly felt he’d be allowed to leave for a realistic fee. Third, Kane now knows that this really is his last chance to have a major impact at another club - 5 successful years at United could cement him a place as a modern great.

All told, there is no way Kane is signing a new contract.

croadyman

The talk earlier in the season was of two elite additions this summer, a #9 (Kane/Osimhen) and a #8 (De Jong/Bellingham). I don't think any of those four are gettable for United - I'd expect the club to move on to plan B without too much delay.
Depends how big the drop off is from those

JagUTD

Spurs need to replace him either this summer or next.

If they wait a year, fair again to get into Europe then they end up in a position where they lose their best player and have limited capacity to replace him because he left for free as well as not having the additional revenue from European football.

They're playing ba dangerous game imo and it could very quickly end up with Spurs becoming also rans. They should look at what Klopp did at Liverpool, get what they can for a star player and reinvest it wisely.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
On one hand he's 30 next season and Levy will be a massive prick about it. On the other he scored 30 PL goals in that shite Spurs team.

romufc

On one hand he's 30 next season and Levy will be a massive prick about it. On the other he scored 30 PL goals in that shite Spurs team.
He also scores various types of goals, which suggests he would fit into a different system.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Madrid seeming most likely for him at the moment, if he leaves at all that is.

Don't see him coming to United, which is a shame.
I don't know about that. I reckon the opportunity to become the all time PL goalscorer is a big reason he'd want to stay in the league. And would probably value a PL medal far more than a La Liga medal.

Spurs and Levy would obviously much prefer to sell to Madrid, though.

croadyman

I don't know about that. I reckon the opportunity to become the all time PL goalscorer is a big reason he'd want to stay in the league. And would probably value a PL medal far more than a La Liga medal.

Oh yeah Levy would sell him there in a shot

Shinjch

Fair point, will be down to him. When Madrid come calling it can be a hard one to turn down though. He may bridge the gap well between Benzema and Endrick.

InfiniteBoredom

He also doesn't fit in at all with Madrid's policy of late which has been to sign young.

Hazard was the last player they spent big on over the age of like 25 and look how that turned out.
Madrid just signed a 33 year old striker on loan from Espanyol.

They long term vision is to sign young, but if they have the chance to get a world class striker in his peak they will go for it, a few years of Kane allowing Endrick to mature is perfectly reasonable.

bosskeano

if we can get a deal done similar to what Nunez cost Liverpool from Benfica....would be a no brainer IMO

mancsarered

What's the general consensus on this scenario:

Levy refuses to sell Kane for anything besides an astronomical price. Kane decides to run the deal down until Summer 2024. United dont get a new striker this summer and takes that budgeted money and invests in other areas of weakness (#8, GK, depth in defence, etc.) and gets Kane on a free this time next year.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He needs 47 goals, he's probably betting on himself getting another 20+ with Spurs and round it up the year after at United on free transfer wages.

NoPace

What's the general consensus on this scenario:

Levy refuses to sell Kane for anything besides an astronomical price. Kane decides to run the deal down until Summer 2024. United dont get a new striker this summer and takes that budgeted money and invests in other areas of weakness (#8, GK, depth in defence, etc.) and gets Kane on a free this time next year.
Yeah, i'd be fine with this strategy overall, but we'd still need to loan in a striker (Iheanacho say) or sign a cheaper option from a smaller league and hope he overperforms like Chicharito did. Or Zaha on a free for one season or something funky like that.

Spending big on 2 midfielders (#8 and Casemiro backup), Raya and Pavard would give us a stronger team, but Martial is still hurt too often for us not to bring in some sort of striker option, even if it's a weird one like Thomas Muller for a year as a false 9 or something.

We'd need something that might conceivably bridge the gap for a year.

DavelinaJolie

Yeah, i'd be fine with this strategy overall, but we'd still need to loan in a striker (Iheanacho say) or sign a cheaper option from a smaller league and hope he overperforms like Chicharito did. Or Zaha on a free for one season or something funky like that.

Spending big on 2 midfielders (#8 and Casemiro backup), Raya and Pavard would give us a stronger team, but Martial is still hurt too often for us not to bring in some sort of striker option, even if it's a weird one like Thomas Muller for a year as a false 9 or something.

We'd need something that might conceivably bridge the gap for a year.
I've thought Ihenacho might be an okay option for a back up, but he's under contract til 2024 so I would imagine Leicester would sell him rather than loan.