Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

Should be 5 years I think. If we can get him for that it will be a good deal. My fear is that he won’t see us as a sure fire bet to win trophies but hard to see where else he can go as he’s surely also going to want the premier league scorers record.
Be astonished if he has another 5 years,surely will start really declining after a couple

Doracle

Be astonished if he has another 5 years,surely will start really declining after a couple
He’s never had a serious injury, was a relatively late developer, doesn’t rely on pace, has the motivation of the premier league top scorers record and will be chasing trophies at a new club. His game is also incredibly efficient. It would be a huge surprise to me if he was declining by 32. Players of similar style like Ibra or Sheringham tend to have the longest careers.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
All the signs pointing towards a £85m signing in the summer to get a couple of good years out of him
What signs are those then? No chance Kane joins United.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He’s never had a serious injury, was a relatively late developer, doesn’t rely on pace, has the motivation of the premier league top scorers record and will be chasing trophies at a new club. His game is also incredibly efficient. It would be a huge surprise to me if he was declining by 32. Players of similar style like Ibra or Sheringham tend to have the longest careers.
Five years younger than Lewandowski and Benzema. Two of the best centre forwards in the world for the past five years.

Hughie77

For under £60 million I'd maybe try. Otherwise leave alone use money get a younger guy in. With quality

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Who is this younger guy? No one under 30 in the world is comparable to Kane.
Nobody that's attainable*

I'd only put Haaland ahead of Kane, but honestly I think the play is to try get Felix on a loan until the end of the season right now at this point and then wait for the summer and assess the options.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You don't count the repeated disabilitating ankle injuries as being serious?
Or how low mobility he is compared to his younger self.

Doracle

You don't count the repeated disabilitating ankle injuries as being serious?
Or how low mobility he is compared to his younger self.
I don’t regard his ankle injuries, of which the last one that kept him out for any particular time was 4 years ago, as particularly serious injuries, no. The guy has missed 4 premier league matches in the last 2.5 seasons. Can we stop with this pretence that he’s somehow injury prone?

I also fundamentally disagree that he’s less mobile now. His movement is much improved under Conte and he looks more mobile to me than he was 5 years ago.

Vapor trail

Some opinions here are too short minded, signing a 29 year old Kane alongside having the likes of Casemiro / Eriksen is awful business and one a top club wouldn't be making with the age profile of these players. Get a younger striker with something to prove like City have done with Alvarez. Kane has made his bed with Tottenham. No league contender will sign him, he's better of going to Bayern if their interest is real.

Doracle

Some opinions here are too short minded, signing a 29 year old Kane alongside having the likes of Casemiro / Eriksen is awful business and one a top club wouldn't be making with the age profile of these players. Get a younger striker with something to prove like City have done with Alvarez. Kane has made his bed with Tottenham. No league contender will sign him, he's better of going to Bayern if their interest is real.
Eriksen was a free so isn’t an issue. I agree Casemiro wasn’t an ideal signing but that was more desperation. Letting Kane go to Bayern to score 200 goals in the next 5 years would be exactly the type of stupidity I’d expect of our recruitment team but I’m hoping that they are going to improve with ETH involvement.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Eriksen was a free so isn’t an issue. I agree Casemiro wasn’t an ideal signing but that was more desperation. Letting Kane go to Bayern to score 200 goals in the next 5 years would be exactly the type of stupidity I’d expect of our recruitment team but I’m hoping that they are going to improve with ETH involvement.
Who cares if he scores 200 goals in the bundesliga though? Not that he would, anyway. Haaland has been the only one to ever really reproduce his form in the prem and it really doesn't affect us in any way - it would be the best outcome for everyone to be honest.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't you give Sheringham a 4-5 year deal. He signed when he was 31 in 1997. Indeed was actually POTY in 2000/01 but left as he wanted to move back down to London.

I think with all the youth upfront you need an experienced leader of the line and Kane fits that bill and his general level in league is still pretty high. Hasn't had a serious injury for a couple of years either.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Didn't you give Sheringham a 4-5 year deal. He signed when he was 31 in 1997. Indeed was actually POTY in 2000/01 but left as he wanted to move back down to London.

I think with all the youth upfront you need an experienced leader of the line and Kane fits that bill and his general level in league is still pretty high. Hasn't had a serious injury for a couple of years either.
Yeah, but we didn't need to spend a massive fee and put him on giant wages either.

I just think we need a style of play up there, rather than a leader, per se. Ivan Toney for example, would fit what we need, so I don't see why we would need to spend huge money on Kane.

croadyman

Then there is the fact Levy hates us after the Carrick & Berba deals which means no chance he will negotiate

croadyman

Yeah, but we didn't need to spend a massive fee and put him on giant wages either.

I just think we need a style of play up there, rather than a leader, per se. Ivan Toney for example, would fit what we need, so I don't see why we would need to spend huge money on Kane.
Be amazed if he doesn't get lengthy ban

Guy Incognito

Signing him would be like signing Ronaldo last season. It’s ultimately not worth it, let him go to Bayern or whatever
I wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle put in a bid for him.

Don't see him pushing for a move to Bayern. He'll break Greavsie's record for Spurs this season and probably want to remain in England for the forseeable.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Called it a few months back but the summer is perfect time for him to move. Cheaper than most would think, great link up guy and lethal. The discussions around his physical decline are overstated.

He is a great #9 and gives us a shot at competing, we don't score goals or enough goals. Now you have a player who can score out of nothing, sniffing out chances, scrappy goals, headers etc.

I think we can get him for £50-60m

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How many decades does he have left on his contract?
A mere one year now

Perfect time for us to pile in with £100m then spend all season fuming at the screen when he's 50 yards from goal. :drool:
Won't get 15 pens a season here either.

Doracle

A mere one year now

Perfect time for us to pile in with £100m then spend all season fuming at the screen when he's 50 yards from goal. :drool:
Won't get 15 pens a season here either.
Yes, we will all be fuming when he bangs in 25/30 goals and sets up 10 for our wingers as well. He’s the best possible player we could buy. Absolute madness there are people on here thinking he wouldn’t be a good signing.

Lecland07

He might not move this window, if Tottenham decide to be unrealistic with their price. I have no doubt, though, that plenty of title-contenders will be in for him in 2024. He will be free at 31 (turns in July 24) with, possibly, 3 or 4 good seasons left of great goal scoring and creativity.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Then there is the fact Levy hates us after the Carrick & Berba deals which means no chance he will negotiate
We'll see. He's running down his deal now so Levy certainly won't want to lose face of him going on a free transfer and if you get top 4 and Spurs don't that's pretty tempting for Kane considering you've also still won stuff in last 5 years whereas Spurs displayed a higher level but couldn't.

croadyman

Called it a few months back but the summer is perfect time for him to move. Cheaper than most would think, great link up guy and lethal. The discussions around his physical decline are overstated.

He is a great #9 and gives us a shot at competing, we don't score goals or enough goals. Now you have a player who can score out of nothing, sniffing out chances, scrappy goals, headers etc.

I think we can get him for £50-60m
Still think it wouldn't be less than £75m,also know there are many who won't like this but IF (huge one) he was available feel he will be our boards top number 9 target.

Last edited:

Big Ray

Agreed. He is in a visible physical decline and we should stay well clear and go for a younger option. Definitely think ten hag will steer clear of this one.

sleepehead

I think he could be had, if he goes through another trophy-less season it'll only make him want to leave more. Honestly if he doesn't move by the summer I don't know what team in England he could possibly go. Chelsea and Arsenal won't happen (esp. since Arsenal have Gabriel Jesus) Man City have Haaland, Liverpool just bought Nunez. We're the only place he could hope to go to and stay in England. If he wants to try and win somewhere he'd have to go elsewhere in Europe.

Ludens the Red

Plays way better for Spurs than England.

I think he runs down his contract and id definitely take him on a free.

Mainoldo

His legs are gone. Literally get one season out of him and we aren’t that close to winning a title.