Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

ROFLUTION

I think Kane just enjoys what he is — a very good striker who scores and assists at a really high level — whilst being the main man at a side nobody has any significant expectations on to win things or truly compete whilst being on a very competitive salary. I’ve always been a fan, but it’s kind of like, just let him crack on with it, eh? Doesn’t seem overly fussed to go elsewhere.
Not sure about that. He just seems professional about it to me, but after last seasons non-allowance to go, he must have options for where he wants to go lined up in his head and already many suitors will have contacted him. Having won nothing must mean something to him

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Glad to see so many people on board to my thinking from a few months back.

Levy either gets cash now to save face or nothing next year.

RVP for us.

AaronRedDevil

Cheeky bid for Kane in Jan? It’s a shame him and Son wasted their careers in that club.

El Jefe

I wouldn't be happy if we're after him. The man can barely move unless the ball is at his feet. He's a quality player but this team needs a mobile striker who can press and get in behind.

I think he's pretty easy to mark if he's not allowed to drop into the half spaces and control the game from there. If you deny him that space he's nullified from an attacking sense.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Signing that contract must be one of the dumbest decisions by a footballer in recent memory, maybe second to Ronaldo blathering to Piers Morgan.

crossy1686

career ending
Why would we want to replace Ronaldo with a player equally as static?

He has to drop into his own half to get a touch these days

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

So in 6 months Kane will be 30, with only 1 year left on his contract and surely motivated to break Shearer's goalscoring record and possibly win trophies. If Spurs don't finish in top 4 he'll want out. He won't go to City as they have Haaland now, won't go to Arsenal. Not sure Klopp would go for him at Liverpool, Chelsea are Spurs' London rivals. Newcastle spent 70M on Isak last summer, they'd want to strenghten in other positions you'd think.

Of all English clubs, I'd imagine United being favourites but negotiating with Levy would surely be frustrating. He wouldn't have same power as with City in 2021 though with Kane's contract expiring in 2024.

One thing that could perhaps make him want to stay at Spurs would be Pochettino coming back as manager. Perhaps.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Put in a bid.

We should get one out of these three:him,sesko, oisheman.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Why would we want to replace Ronaldo with a player equally as static?

He has to drop into his own half to get a tough these days
Exactly this.

We have a pressing coach. Why buy him a non-pressing striker. Just because he's a big name? We should learn from the past decade and think about getting square pegs for square slots. Not just buying the biggest name on the market and then trying to figure out how to make it work.

zenith

He's only 30 and not reliant on pace. Good at hold up play and great at bringing others into the game. On top of that he's as proven a goal scorer as we can get.

finneh

So in 6 months Kane will be 30, with only 1 year left on his contract and surely motivated to break Shearer's goalscoring record and possibly win trophies. If Spurs don't finish in top 4 he'll want out. He won't go to City as they have Haaland now, won't go to Arsenal. Not sure Klopp would go for him at Liverpool, Chelsea are Spurs' London rivals. Newcastle spent 70M on Isak last summer, they'd want to strenghten in other positions you'd think.

Of all English clubs, I'd imagine United being favourites but negotiating with Levy would surely be frustrating. He wouldn't have same power as with City in 2021 though with Kane's contract expiring in 2024.

One thing that could perhaps make him want to stay at Spurs would be Pochettino coming back as manager. Perhaps.
I wouldn't be surprised if some deal was done involving Kane and Lukaku if Conte is still there in the Summer.

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t see why we should bail Spurs out of a mess they’d gladly be bailed out of. Let Kane stay and run his huge contract down and become even slower and more static than he already is.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think Harry Maguire would beat him in a race. I think I will pass.

Threesus

The scary thought for spurs fans is if he somehow demands a transfer to arsenal. They look like they got their act together and could definitely win the PL this season.

Sol Campbell 2.0?

Newtonius

You could see it happening depends how much money is available, would be 80 to 100 million at least. And its not like Martial is super mobile up front either, applies a bit of pressure to keeper but hes not some pressing machine is he, Kane just needs to be an anchor to play the ball off of and finish chances.

MegadrivePerson

He's a player on the way down now. I think he's got a maximum of two more good seasons left in him.

We need to follow the Liverpool/Arsenal route of signing young players on the way up.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
in a perfect world I’d love to be able to swap martial and sancho and money for Kane and Son.

that world doesn’t exist unfortunately.

daba

Sign him in 2024 on a free and let Martial go.

Sign a marquee in 2023. Sell Sancho and replace.

Rashford, Kane, Osimeh, Antony, Garnacho, New RW, Bruno.
I think you spelt Amad Diallo’s name wrong

RuudTom83

Kane to Newcastle in a few years, where he can chip away at Shearer’s record.

Ends his career with an empty cabinet but he’ll have the all time goal scorer on his CV:rolleyes:

croadyman

My number 1 transfer want in the summer

Year left on his contract in the summer, 80m should hopefully be enough if he pushes for the move
Would you pick him even over Osimhen/Vlahovic if either became available. I feel so torn on this because feel those two could become monsters under Erik's coaching but then Kane is proven.

foolsgold

He's obviously been a great player, but it's not the profile of player we should be signing either in terms of age, wages and playing style.

It's a hard pass from me.

Okey

The signs of decline are starting to appear, with his movement. It might be a cliff drop in a year's time. Much as I would have loved him in our team, I fear that time has passed. We need a younger striker arriving at his peak rather than past it.

croadyman

The signs of decline are starting to appear, with his movement. It might be a cliff drop in a year's time. Much as I would have loved him in our team, I fear that time has passed. We need a younger striker arriving at his peak rather than past it.
Osimhen/Vlahovic/Sesko/other

Judas

Open to offers
Depends on the price. Part of me thinks the moments gone and we'd be making another striker mistake buying one so late in their career, especially with where he is physically right now. I'd also want a striker that spends a bit more time in the box, but I suppose Ten Hag would address that.

ROFLUTION

Seems like few have watched him play closely this season. He’s been great.

What he might start to miss in speed (never been a speed player really) he makes up for with mature decisions. 13 goals and 3 assists in 18 matches - thats just not a player in the middle of a decline. He just bags the goals even though his team plays crappy.

I can however understand the concerns on here whether he’ll fit Ten Hags brand of football when he drops down so much. But from what I understand, counter attacking football is not really the end goal of Ten Hag’s football. I just dont see similarities with Rooney’s decline, who looked very unsharp. Maybe Kane’s lost a bit of his screamers, but he’s even better at positioning himself the right places now.

Main concern is probably when buying a player of his calibre, will he be okay if a new player emerges and challenges for his position. If he goes here, he is probably promised unlimited game time, so the most important thing is whether Ten Hag think he’ll match our style of football for the next 2-3 years.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Baffling waste of a career at Spurs. At least Shearer won a title.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He'd be great for us, but knowing levy the stubborn feck he'd still demand a substantial fee which I think sadly only Newcastle would pay.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He'd be great for us, but knowing levy the stubborn feck he'd still demand a substantial fee which I think sadly only Newcastle would pay.
As well he should, too. And Kane has noone but himself to blame if he feels blocked, because the writing was on the wall when he signed that silly contract.

Oldyella

Hard pass. Would cost a lot in both fees and wages, and looked like he was running in treacle during the world cup.

Mike Smalling

It's sort of passed me by, that he actually has 13 goals in 16 PL games this season. Still pretty decent for a rather average Spurs team.

I would still stay way clear of him. Too much money in transfer fees and wages for too few year and too much uncertainty.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's sort of passed me by, that he actually has 13 goals in 16 PL games this season. Still pretty decent for a rather average Spurs team.

I would still stay way clear of him. Too much money in transfer fees and wages for too few year and too much uncertainty.
He finds a way to get his goals. When the going is good he’ll probably get 4 in one game against a sorry opponent, and other than that - he’ll get a penalty.

For me, he still looks ineffective, unthreatening and incapable of scoring in too many football matches.

crossy1686

career ending
He's only 30 and not reliant on pace. Good at hold up play and great at bringing others into the game. On top of that he's as proven a goal scorer as we can get.
So exactly the kind of player that would be counter productive to how we're trying to play with a fluid forward line? We might as well just bring Ronaldo back.

crossy1686

career ending
He finds a way to get his goals. When the going is good he’ll probably get 4 in one game against a sorry opponent, and other than that - he’ll get a penalty.

For me, he still looks ineffective, unthreatening and incapable of scoring in too many football matches.
The whole Spurs team is built around him, like us and Ronaldo last season. He's not the answer to our CF woes, that ship sailed about 2 ankle injuries ago.

Mike Smalling

Haven't seen too much of Spurs this season, so can't really comment on how he has played.

Anyway, I trust that Erik ten Hag will make the right kind of decisions with transfers. We need to avoid getting drawn into spunking our budget on the likes of Kane and Rice just because they are English and "Premier League proven". That's something we would have done a few years ago under Ole. Hopefully we can continue to find up-and-coming players from other leagues like Martinez, Malacia and Antony.