Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

the_cliff

Got a feeling we'll sign him in the summer. Maguire will be included in the deal.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Got a feeling we'll sign him in the summer. Maguire will be included in the deal.
me too. players end up hating conte & i can see him here. Kane would be better at city & haaland at united but the opposite happened,so the best we can sign is Kane. 29/30 isnt old for ten hag.

the_cliff

me too. players end up hating conte & i can see him here. Kane would be better at city & haaland at united but the opposite happened,so the best we can sign is Kane. 29/30 isnt old for ten hag.
I'm not Kanes biggest fan but I'd take him every single day of the week. ETH will have us challenging next season with Kane and a top quality CM partner for Casemiro.

Devil81

Kane is 30 in July, we already have Varane, Casamiro and Eriksen in that age bracket.

We need a younger player, we've got enough experience that will need replacing soon enough.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not Kanes biggest fan but I'd take him every single day of the week. ETH will have us challenging next season with Kane and a top quality CM partner for Casemiro.
No one except Kane makes us definite title challengers, not even ohsimhen who has to adapt to the pl & tactics imo.
It justmakes too much sense. His age allows us to replace him when theres more in the market or even for ten hag to see the future outcome of players like sancho or greenwood first.

BorisManUtd

Kane is 30 in July, we already have Varane, Casamiro and Eriksen in that age bracket.

We need a younger player, we've got enough experience that will need replacing soon enough.
That's a good point. Even Bruno will be 29 this year so he's not exactly young either.

Devil81

Kane must surely be desperate for trophies now and Spurs look nowhere near currently.

I wonder what his actual value would be to Spurs now?

slored1

Would be my second choice option after Osimhen. Fits the system well too.

CM

Yeah, Maguire has become increasingly linked with a move away and despite Maguire not cutting it here he'd do well at Tottenham. He's 5x the player Dier is.
I'm not sure whether Spurs would accept a part exchange like that but I do agree that Spurs would be a good destination for Maguire, and Conte would probably like him too.

I don't know if United would be prepared to offer him in a straight swap either. It would definitely make us stronger but the optics of using an £80m signing as makeweight for player in the last year of his contract isn't great, especially if we'd have to pay a fairly hefty fee on top.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Great player but I would prefer a younger long-term signing.
The age of our squad must be fairly high as it is, I guess.

sugar_kane

I take your point but Varane, Casemiro and Eriksen are three of our best players.

They all have experience, composure, as well as the right mentality and professionalism. They are also all top quality. Kane would fit that mould and add to that spine.

TheReligion

Abusive
No but do you really think that's what we're missing and therefore need to go out and splash £100m on Kane?
I don’t think we should spend 100m on Kane but I do think he’d actually be a good fit as he ticks quite a few of the boxes we need in a CF.

The issue and team will have is that he’s developed himself in to a creative false 9 type forward. I’m not sure if this is out of necessity, as Spurs don’t seem to ever have top creative 10s, or he’s done it himself naturally.

mu4c_20le

Great player but I would prefer a younger long-term signing.
The age of our squad must be fairly high as it is, I guess.
I actually dont mind an experienced CF because thats what SAF always preferred, you need consistency at a crucial position. The thign I find funny though is that suddenly age and lack of mobility is no longer a concern as it once was for Ronaldo, who was seen as THE single reason why we couldn't play HagBall.

BorisManUtd

60M max, otherwise they risk to lose him for free in 2024. Man is going to be 30 in summer.

Idxomer

I actually dont mind an experienced CF because thats what SAF always preferred, you need consistency at a crucial position. The thign I find funny though is that suddenly age and lack of mobility is no longer a concern as it once was for Ronaldo, who was seen as THE single reason why we couldn't play HagBall.
We're discussing it so it's obviously a concern, Ronaldo's age and lack of mobility weren't also his only problems.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Really hope we are nowhere near him in the summer.

We need an rvn

60M max, otherwise they risk to lose him for free in 2024. Man is going to be 30 in summer.
I’d go 15 lower and say £45m max given his age and contract length. I don’t think he’s going to be anywhere need as good at 33 or 35 as the likes of Ronaldo / lewandeski were / are. So we’d only be getting him for 2, 3 seasons as a max.

But id snap him up for 2 seasons for sure

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t think we should spend 100m on Kane but I do think he’d actually be a good fit as he ticks quite a few of the boxes we need in a CF.

The issue and team will have is that he’s developed himself in to a creative false 9 type forward. I’m not sure if this is out of necessity, as Spurs don’t seem to ever have top creative 10s, or he’s done it himself naturally.
What boxes exactly? He has to drop into his own half to get near the ball these days, I thought we were trying to move away from this type of player and more towards someone that will harass back lines with pace and dynamism?

If Kane wasn’t a name we wouldn’t even be having this discussion

CM

What boxes exactly? He has to drop into his own half to get near the ball these days, I thought we were trying to move away from this type of player and more towards someone that will harass back lines with pace and dynamism?

Goals, for one. He has 13 in 17 in the Premier League this season. We don't have another player in the squad capable of producing those kinds of numbers.

Spurs don't have the creative players to get the ball to Kane so he has to drop deep to go looking for it. If you added his goals to our team this season we'd probably be in the mix with City and Arsenal.

TheReligion

Abusive

Great finisher, great in the air, great linking up play, ability to hold the ball up..

You seem to be under the impression EtH just wants some pace merchant pressing machine. He don’t believe that’s the case when you look at what he wants from his forwards and from how he’s worked at Ajax.

crossy1686

career ending
Goals, for one. He has 13 in 17 in the Premier League this season. We don't have another player in the squad capable of producing those kinds of numbers.

Spurs don't have the creative players to get the ball to Kane so he has to drop deep to go looking for it. If you added his goals to our team this season we'd probably be in the mix with City and Arsenal.
His goals coincide with Spurs having their best start to a PL ever but he’s been off the boil along with Spurs for a while now and he was bang average at the WC.

I’m not saying he couldn’t do a job for us but the cost vs the potential return from a 29 year old who’s only getting slower and scoring less is absolutely mental to even consider.

crossy1686

career ending
Great finisher, great in the air, great linking up play, ability to hold the ball up..

You seem to be under the impression EtH just wants some pace merchant pressing machine. He don’t believe that’s the case when you look at what he wants from his forwards and from how he’s worked at Ajax.
I’m sure if Ten Hag had his way at Ajax he would have wanted for a better forward than Haller and Tadic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Kane seems a good professional so I can see him keeping up a good level till he's 33-34. I do think his dynamism will only go down over these coming years though.

CM

His goals coincide with Spurs having their best start to a PL ever but he’s been off the boil along with Spurs for a while now and he was bang average at the WC.

I’m not saying he couldn’t do a job for us but the cost vs the potential return from a 29 year old who’s only getting slower and scoring less is absolutely mental to even consider.
Kane is the 3rd highest (soon to be 2nd) Premier League goalscorer of all time. That's not coinciding with anything, it's a proven track record at the top level. He isn't scoring less, he's nearly on a goal a game this season in the league.

I wouldn't do a deal at any cost, but given the fact he will have a year left on his contract and was already starting to get itchy feet the summer before last, the right deal might be possible for us. You have to remember the number 9 market is incredibly scarce at the moment, there are very few players out there who immediately elevate our level in the way Kane could.

crossy1686

career ending
Kane is the 3rd highest (soon to be 2nd) Premier League goalscorer of all time. That's not coinciding with anything, it's a proven track record at the top level. He isn't scoring less, he's nearly on a goal a game this season in the league.

I wouldn't do a deal at any cost, but given the fact he will have a year left on his contract and was already starting to get itchy feet the summer before last, the right deal might be possible for us. You have to remember the number 9 market is incredibly scarce at the moment, there are very few players out there who immediately elevate our level in the way Kane could.
The time for doing this deal was 2 years ago, now he's better off staying at Spurs. I would imagine most Spurs fans would love him to leave in the summer which will ultimately be their last chance for a pay day and also relieving them of a ageing big money earner who they won't be able to shift past next summer.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Wasted his career at Tottenham. Should have been allowed to moved on 2-3 years ago.

CM

The time for doing this deal was 2 years ago, now he's better off staying at Spurs. I would imagine most Spurs fans would love him to leave in the summer which will ultimately be their last chance for a pay day and also relieving them of a ageing big money earner who they won't be able to shift past next summer.
2 years ago he would've cost the earth. Spurs were trying to get £150m out of City for him then.

There are only 2 or 3 other viable striker options for us in the summer and most of them come with question marks too. I don't think we're in a position to be turning our noses up at a player like Kane.