Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

croadyman

No, but I think it does make the project a lot more exciting.

Look at Newcastle, the moment they got bought with Ashley properly removed, the performances stepped up. The players clearly desperately want to be part of a huge project.

If I was Kane and it was a choice between Real or Utd, it would matter to me if it was Utd owned by 92 Foundation or Utd owned by Ratcliffe and Glazers, I just don’t think it’s anywhere near as exciting or promising as a project.

I could be wrong. It’s just my opinion.
Yeah he would be more attracted by Jassim

Devil You Know

The problem with chasing after Kane is twofold:
  • Levy will drag this out till the last day of the window
  • Kane is a unique player whose style can't be replicated by anyone else in the squad
What this means is that EtH will not be able to properly setup his team during preseason if Kane is his number one target. It would be September at the earliest before he could train with the rest of the squad. And given how important a lone striker is in any system - let alone how pivotal Kane would be given his unique skillset - United would end up being a month or two behind the rest of the Premier League if we decided to make Kane our main man.

Not that that's a reason not to buy him. But it is something to be aware of if we have aspirations to challenge for the title. We'd potentially be playing catchup from day one.

croadyman

• Kane is a unique player whose style can't be replicated by anyone else in the squad
What this means is that EtH will not be able to properly setup his team during preseason if Kane is his number one target. It would be September at the earliest before he could train with the rest of the squad. And given how important a lone striker is in any system - let alone how pivotal Kane would be given his unique skillset - United would end up being a month or two behind the rest of the Premier League if we decided to make Kane our main man.

Not that that's a reason not to buy him. But it is something to be aware of if we have aspirations to challenge for the title. We'd potentially be playing catchup from day one.
Yeah we would need to get this done early,however that hinges on Kane pushing it because no way does Levy sell him to us without that happening

RedRover

You would imagine that if he's going the new manager will want him gone so they can re-invest the money and prepare for the season ahead. If he's resigned to losing him then keeping him until then is pointless for all concerned. It'll be too late to replace him and the money is useless.

The question here is whether Kane is prepared to go abroad. I suspect he's not keen since he evidently wants the PL goal scoring record. if Kane makes that clear to Spurs then Levy has a choice to make - sell him to United or lose him for free.

NoLogo

I feel it's pretty simple, set internal deadlines, push as hard as you can for a transfer, work the alternatives in the meantime, start negotiating with your backup targets, if the internal deadline has passed move on, never look back. In short, do what other well lead clubs do.

croadyman

I feel it's pretty simple, set internal deadlines, push as hard as you can for a transfer, work the alternatives in the meantime, start negotiating with your backup targets, if the internal deadline has passed move on, never look back. In short, do what other well lead clubs do.
You should be on our recruitment team

scottser

You would imagine that if he's going the new manager will want him gone so they can re-invest the money and prepare for the season ahead. If he's resigned to losing him then keeping him until then is pointless for all concerned. It'll be too late to replace him and the money is useless.

The question here is whether Kane is prepared to go abroad. I suspect he's not keen since he evidently wants the PL goal scoring record. if Kane makes that clear to Spurs then Levy has a choice to make - sell him to United or lose him for free.
the one thing Levy is not, is an idiot. He knows this only too well - the issue seems to be this face-saving standoff everyone at Spurs is in the middle of. It's probably good sense to just leave them to it for now, but I'd love to see the reaction to us putting in a realistic bid, say 70-80m. It would bring things to a head one way the other.

croadyman

the one thing Levy is not, is an idiot. He knows this only too well - the issue seems to be this face-saving standoff everyone at Spurs is in the middle of. It's probably good sense to just leave them to it for now, but I'd love to see the reaction to us putting in a realistic bid, say 70-80m. It would bring things to a head one way the other.
Yeah I only see that happening if we get any encouragement from him that he is willing to join Utd now rather than next summer

pascell

Seems this got missed, this is Spurs Tier 1

“Tottenham remain steadfast in their intention not to sell Harry Kane this summer, especially to another Premier League club”
Ryan Mason was impressed with the new manager? Since when does he have clout within the club, strange way of working.

L1nk

Don't think i've seen a single positive report on our pursuit of this guy

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Personally I think it’s the right move not going for Kane. Spending what would likely be the majority of our transfer budget on a player coming towards the end of his prime just isn’t way we should be doing business right now.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Don't think i've seen a single positive report on our pursuit of this guy
Him leaving basically marks the end of the Levy project and any pretense Spurs have of being a top club.

They've been on the slide since Poch left, were humiliated by their own manager when Conte decided to call them shite in a press conference, missed out on European football to a team fearing a relegation battle earlier in the season, and have been repeatedly, publicly rejected by their managerial targets until they've ended up with a bloke that's never managed anywhere halfway serious.

They also know Kane wants the PL goal scoring record and know he'll still perform even if they block a move.

He either bins his pursuit of Shearer's record and moves to Madrid, or puts in numbers for another year and hopes there's still a top side in England after him next summer.

croadyman

Personally I think it’s the right move not going for Kane. Spending what would likely be the majority of our transfer budget on a player coming towards the end of his prime just isn’t way we should be doing business right now.
See Hojlund signing whatever happens with Kane

croadyman

Him leaving basically marks the end of the Levy project and any pretense Spurs have of being a top club.

They've been on the slide since Poch left, were humiliated by their own manager when Conte decided to call them shite in a press conference, missed out on European football to a team fearing a relegation battle earlier in the season, and have been repeatedly, publicly rejected by their managerial targets until they've ended up with a bloke that's never managed anywhere halfway serious.

They also know Kane wants the PL goal scoring record and know he'll still perform even if they block a move.

He either bins his pursuit of Shearer's record and moves to Madrid, or puts in numbers for another year and hopes there's still a top side in England after him next summer.
Third option is we see him prepared to go on strike like we saw with that City thing too

prateik

Levy forced Kane to stay on and all it did was waste 2 years for Kane..
Spurs are Spurs.. If Kane just wants to have fun, sure. If he wants a shot at winning something, he has to leave.. Spurs are probably the least likely of the top 6-7 in England to win a trophy.

croadyman

Levy forced Kane to stay on and all it did was waste 2 years for Kane..
Spurs are Spurs.. If Kane just wants to have fun, sure. If he wants a shot at winning something, he has to leave.. Spurs are probably the least likely of the top 6-7 in England to win a trophy.
Yeah we are calling his bluff

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Third option is we see him prepared to go on strike like we saw with that City thing too
That lasted what, two weeks?

Even if he has a bit of a sulk while the transfer window is still open, he'll quickly be back trying to score as many as possible once it's closed and he's still stuck at Spurs, just like he did with the blocked City move.

croadyman

That lasted what, two weeks?

Even if he has a bit of a sulk while the transfer window is still open, he'll quickly be back trying to score as many as possible once it's closed and he's still stuck at Spurs, just like he did with the blocked City move.
Maybe but he has less time left on contract

BerryBerryShrew

The great thing about the Kane situation when compared to the FdJ saga/mess last year is that Kane is entirely unique in the market amidst a sea of mediocrity in his position. When we floundered around chasing FdJ last year, we did so knowing that we were letting other potentially world class players (such as Rabiot, Caicedo, dare I say Enzo Fernández who was heavily linked before moving to Benfica) slip through our fingers by doing so.

If we wait it out on Kane, who are we really missing out on? Oshimen is the only other quality alternative out there and he is unproven in the PL, far overpriced, and a completely different profile of striker to Kane. If this goes to the final day of the window and we don't end up with Kane, I certainly won't be shedding any tears that we didn't instead sign Ramos for €100m or Vlahovic for €70m. We should sign Hojlund if we are convinced that he is potentially world class or snap up Marcus Thuram on a free if we aren't and then sit back and play chicken with the Spurs chairman.

The only way that this blows up in our faces is if Madrid buy Kane or if we panic and do something (characteristically) stupid like offering Chelsea £80m for Lukaku on deadline day.

Reddevildans

The great thing about the Kane situation when compared to the FdJ saga/mess last year is that Kane is entirely unique in the market amidst a sea of mediocrity in his position. When we floundered around chasing FdJ last year, we did so knowing that we were letting other potentially world class players (such as Rabiot, Caicedo, dare I say Enzo Fernández who was heavily linked before moving to Benfica) slip through our fingers by doing so.

If we wait it out on Kane, who are we really missing out on? Oshimen is the only other quality alternative out there and he is unproven in the PL, far overpriced, and a completely different profile of striker to Kane. If this goes to the final day of the window and we don't end up with Kane, I certainly won't be shedding any tears that we didn't instead sign Ramos for €100m or Vlahovic for €70m. We should sign Hojlund if we are convinced that he is potentially world class or snap up Marcus Thuram on a free if we aren't and then sit back and play chicken with the Spurs chairman.

The only way that this blows up in our faces is if Madrid buy Kane or if we panic and do something (characteristically) stupid like offering Chelsea £80m for Lukaku on deadline day.
Spot on. The options out there are completely few and far between, overpriced, and highly unproven at the highest level. There really is a lack of upcoming world class players in all positions. It's going to be a struggle signing kane. And literally all alternatives are a step down. Need to pull a rabbit out the hat.

Strelok

Again this is completely Levy bluffing imo. It's his last chance to cash in. The cnut is just waiting for more bidders. Imo this will be dragged for a while until that ahole thinks there's no potential higher bid than the ones he got. Imo Kane will definitely move this summer. No way Levy would let Kane leave on a free. That cnut is simply too greedy for that.

Might sounds crazy but imo we actually have the biggest chance to sign Kane. Madrid surely sounds attractive but they simply won't spend 100m on him. PSG have the money but it's a big mess there. And imo Kane does want to stay in England where he knows the league, the culture and might have a shot at the title next season with ETH. And Shearer's record. Of course only if we're willing to spend big on him. If we could spend +80m on Antony surely we could do that with Kane imo. For example 80m cash upfront + 20m if we win the title next season.

croadyman

Again this is completely Levy bluffing imo. It's his last chance to cash in. The cnut is just waiting for more bidders. Imo this will be dragged for a while until that ahole thinks there's no potential higher bid than the ones he got. Imo Kane will definitely move this summer. No way Levy would let Kane leave on a free. That cnut is simply too greedy for that.

Might sounds crazy but imo we actually have the biggest chance to sign Kane. Madrid surely sounds attractive but they simply won't spend 100m on him. PSG have the money but it's a big mess there. And imo Kane does want to stay in England where he knows the league, the culture and might have a shot at the title next season with ETH. And Shearer's record. Of course only if we're willing to spend big on him. If we could spend +80m on Antony surely we could do that with Kane imo. For example 80m cash upfront + 20m if we win the title next season.
£75-80m plus addons is fair and yes I know he only has a year left on his deal

Strelok

£75-80m plus addons is fair and yes I know he only has a year left on his deal
Yeah but the problem is no one knows when the fecking takeover would be over. And by then it might be too late. Even if it's not who knows the Glazers or the new owner would want to spend big on Kane.

Imo people has been focusing a bit too much on what Kane wants. But forget the fact it's not like that cnut Levy would give a tiny feck about that. And it's that cnut who would have the final saying in all this.

Loon

:lol:
Can only imagine what their relationship must be like. Especially if Kane has asked him to go.

Strelok

Can only imagine what their relationship must be like. Especially if Kane has asked him to go.
If my memory serves me right they reportedly had a gentleman's agreement to let Kane leave for a right offer. Last summer Levy said feck that and forced Kane to stay. If not for that Kane might have won his first ever PL title, FA title, CL title this season with City. So you can imagine their relationship I think.

Loon

If my memory serves me right they reportedly had a gentleman's agreement to let Kane leave for a right offer. Last summer Levy said feck that and forced Kane to stay. If not for that Kane might have won his first ever PL title, FA title, CL title this season with City. So you can imagine their relationship I think.
Levy was always a dick, but to not honour his agreement with Kane is shitty (regardless of where he goes). Although Kane's rep has not created Raiola style hysteria.

croadyman

Yeah we will see how ambitious he is

croadyman

Levy was always a dick, but to not honour his agreement with Kane is shitty (regardless of where he goes). Although Kane's rep has not created Raiola style hysteria.
Yeah he could easily go back on his word

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We should play their games. Quote them 100m for him. He’s still under contract unlike Kane who as 1 year left on his. We should offer them Martial aswell.
that's been my dream for a while: get rid of two donkeys and get Kane

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It was two seasons ago, so Kane would have won his first PL last season, then got a second this season.

Rusholme Ruffian

So Mbappe is not renewing - which means PSG will surely sell him this summer. SO, that probably means that Madrid will now go for Mbappe instead of Kane? Which could mean that PSG might try for Kane - but surely he wouldn't want to go to that joke of a club? My guess is Mbappe to Madrid, Osimhen to PSG (they are gonna have to go big with Messi and Mbappe - and possibly Neymar - leaving). Surely Kane is not gonna be happy to stick around at Spuds? I think he's gonna push for a move to us - I can feel it.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...al-decision-not-to-renew-contract-real-madrid

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
To be fair to Levy he didn't receive an offer he felt was acceptable - if City had offered 150million or something like that Harry would be playing for them now.

Loon

To be fair to Levy he didn't receive an offer he felt was acceptable - if City had offered 150million or something like that Harry would be playing for them now.
Yeah, but there's "acceptable" and realistic.

Strelok

You're not Levy how would you know if he felt 150m was a 'right' offer or not?