Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Eddy_JukeZ

Would love to get him, but it seems there's too many obstacles.

He'd need to demand a move to us over anyone else, and I don't see Kane doing that.

Mainoldo

Is Kane and Hojland that impossible?

Would realistically mean a £250m summer spend: 55m Mount, £45m Onana, £95m Kane, £55m Hojland.

With the progress we seem to be making getting rid of our deadwood it might not be.

If we did manage to get Kane, maybe it would make sense to go for a cheaper young striker like Gift Orban or Marcos Leonardo for £20m instead leaving budget for a CB or DM maybe.
Sales…

Hendo; Maguire, VDB, Martial, Fred.

I think those alone from our remaining squad would cover Kane, Hoejlund and Amrabat.

Mainoldo

Would love to get him, but it seems there's too many obstacles.

He'd need to demand a move to us over anyone else, and I don't see Kane doing that.
I don’t know a club right now that he would pick over us in all honesty. We are his best option.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don’t know a club right now that he would pick over us in all honesty. We are his best option.
We like to believe that, but from Kane's POV, maybe he doesn't think that.

He could prefer Bayern over United.

Erik the Red

Maybe that is what's happened, and he joins next year for free.
If that was the case, surely he would just tell Spurs that and Levy would enter negotiations with us to secure 70-100M pounds for him? We would pay that to get him this season, I'm pretty sure.
Yeah my thoughts too
Looks like this might just be unraveling for Spurs. Now the big questions - where does Kane want to go, are we his preferred option, and will he hold firm for his preferred option?

Mainoldo

We like to believe that, but from Kane's POV, maybe he doesn't think that.

He could prefer Bayern over United.
I think he 100 percent wants to break Shearer’s record and also play for one of the best clubs in Europe.

Abraxas

Wouldn't rule out Kane to us in the final week of the window regardless of the Hojlund signing, I suspect deep down he really fancies us over a move to the Bundesliga and if Ten Hag can shift a few out of the door which he is currently doing then I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us going all out for him, in all honesty we do need two strikers, and the lad from Atlanta along with Kane would be outstanding additions and would genuinely set us up for a title tilt.
I think you may be deluding yourself.

It's a nice thought - that we might sign Hojlund and Kane. The master and the apprentice.

Back on planet earth it is not happening. If the budget was there for that we wouldn't be seeing reports suggesting we need to sell to even pursue a 30 million euro midfielder (Amrabat). We wouldn't be seeing concerns around FFP.

I'm not sure what the confusion is around Kane. We're not getting him this summer.

giggsyssweatpants

Getting Kane in along with Hojlund makes perfect sense. Kane bringing a young forward on is perfect , Never gonna happen, hope it does

Djemba-Djemba

If Kane signs a new contract with Spurs he's somehow even dafter than he looks.

The only way I could maybe see him at Utd is on a free next year, but really I think he'll go to Bayern this window.

GiddyUp

If he signed for us his career would go in to absolute overdrive. The jewel of English football banging in goals to take United back to the top. The media would be all fecking over it.
He goes to Bayern and it'll all be a bit meh after a brief honeymoon period. Goals will come but people won't care too much.

Mainoldo

I think you may be deluding yourself.

It's a nice thought - that we might sign Hojlund and Kane. The master and the apprentice.

Back on planet earth it is not happening. If the budget was there for that we wouldn't be seeing reports suggesting we need to sell to even pursue a 30 million euro midfielder (Amrabat). We wouldn't be seeing concerns around FFP.

I'm not sure what the confusion is around Kane. We're not getting him this summer.
We don’t need to sell our whole squad to get Amrabat. Fred will do.

Therefore selling Maguire and a McTominay for instance will be enough for Kane and FFP.

qzizzle

Supports
Bayern Munich
If he signed for us his career would go in to absolute overdrive. The jewel of English football banging in goals to take United back to the top. The media would be all fecking over it.
He goes to Bayern and it'll all be a bit meh after a brief honeymoon period. Goals will come but people won't care too much.
Bayern sells more shirts than United and Chelsea combined btw, more than Real Madrid also, some people seem to forget how massive Bayern is.

Also what is the copium in this thread?`We already know Harry Kane has agreed terms with Bayern, two different outlets confirmed the story of his wife checking out houses and international schools in Munich. And we have know for weeks that Kane had agreed terms with Bayern and tier 1 sources said Kane gave them his "word" even for next year if Spurs refused to sell. Then Hoeness basically confirmed all that in his interview.

Yet we still have many posters here trying to argue that Kane actually wants to go to United. It is pretty bizarre. Also isn't one of Kane's motivation supposed to be winning titles?`Why would he want to go to United? With all due respect United haven't been serious contenders for titles in a decade and could realistically even miss champions-league football in any given year.

Tarrou

True but Spurs don't really have any power here. If he wants to leave for nothing next year then he will.
the power they have is refusing to sell to Kane's first choice for a reasonable fee (United)

I don't think he wants to wait another year to get that

Nonameisknown

Supports
United
Who would he turn down playing with half of the England squad week in week out at united for Germany? He's coming to United but is going to have to force the move at some point if Levy plays too hard and I believe the game to force Levy to sell to us has just started.

lex talionis

If Kane signs a new contract with Spurs he's somehow even dafter than he looks.

The only way I could maybe see him at Utd is on a free next year, but really I think he'll go to Bayern this window.
Brutal, but a grain of truth exists there. He's not particularly eloquent either. But there exists in Harry Kane a decent man who wants to do right by the club yet still ensure that he achieves his professional goals and provides for his loving wife and adorable children. Munich is a lovely city, but moving to Munich would hardly fulfill his professional goals or meet the legitimate needs of his children.

qzizzle

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think he 100 percent wants to break Shearer’s record and also play for one of the best clubs in Europe.
Bayern is objectively a top 2 club and he never really said that he values Shearer's record.

Btw Shearer's record one of the most meaningless arbitrary records. 260 goals is a joke.

In Bundesliga that would rank 4th, the lead is 365 and that is in a league that plays 34 games per season instead of 38.
In La Liga it would rank 3rd, the lead is 474.
In Serie Ai it would be 2nd.
In Ligue 1 it would be 2nd.

Even if Kane broke that record it would never stand the test of time.

Djemba-Djemba

Brutal, but a grain of truth exists there. He's not particularly eloquent either. But there exists in Harry Kane a decent man who wants to do right by the club yet still ensure that he achieves his professional goals and provides for his loving wife and adorable children. Munich is a lovely city, but moving to Munich would hardly fulfill his professional goals or meet the legitimate needs of his children.
It was a bit of a mean thing to say to be fair but I was half joking.

I quite like him, I know a lot of Utd fans on here seem to hate him but he's never really bothered me. I'd like him here but if not i'd hope he goes Bayern. He's absolutely wasting his career at Spurs.

WPMUFC

Ange Postecoglou's press conference seems to have been the "spur" :angel: for this development. He bluntly told the press he can't prepare for this season in this situation due to how wildly different the team would be with or without Kane. Could you imagine being in Postecoglou's shoes, you get all the way up to deadline day with no resolution and then you lose him to Bayern? The entire season becomes an instant write-off.

If we have 60m euros for Hojlund ( Nowhere near Kane money obviously) but have a chance to get Kane with more sales....he should be our target.

Olril18

Personally I don’t want Kane. I prefer the younger hojlund. Unless we are signing both. Too many red flags with Kane plus it makes our squad and key players old.

the_cliff

If Kane is available it would be an absolute travesty if he ends up at Bayern and PSG instead of us, especially when we're in need of a striker, no way in hell would Fergie have let him go there.

Mr Smith

Fred - 15
Elanga - 15
Henderson - 15
Bailly and Telles - 7ish
Martial call it 3 just to round Saudi sales to 10m?

Thats £55m plus what we had for Hojlund to make a cool & 100m plus.

If we sell Maguire and McTominay we can probably get Hojlund too anyway.
The problem I'm having here is that you're assuming we already have the Hojland money. Unless I'm mistaken, all the reports seemed to indicate at the start of the window that we had a budget if 100mil... which we've already spent. The player sales you've flagged seem to me to be to raise money for Hojland, rather than being extra funds. So even if all the sales go through (a big if) we're still a long way off 100mil.

Withnail

The problem I'm having here is that you're assuming we already have the Hojland money. Unless I'm mistaken, all the reports seemed to indicate at the start of the window that we had a budget if 100mil... which we've already spent. The player sales you've flagged seem to me to be to raise money for Hojland, rather than being extra funds. So even if all the sales go through (a big if) we're still a long way off 100mil.
They said we had a 100m budget last year too. In short, they know feck all.

Appletonred

Shades of RVP if he indeed signs for us, can actually picture him and his family all settled in alderley edge, this is happening isn't it?

Blackwidow

The legitimate needs of his children? Would be interesting what you mean with this or why living in Munich can not fulfill that.

mav_9me

This doesn't make much sense. Apparently Lewis is 86, not really involved in day to day running of Spurs. And he owns 65% of ENIC with 35% owned by Levy. ENIC own 86%of Spurs. So Levy himself is a part owner.

Source for above:

So it's not like Levy works under Lewis. So this directive doesn't make sense. Unless they are using this as cover story for selling Kane to whoever.

Maybe spurs fans know more.

Wilt

This doesn't make much sense. Apparently Lewis is 86, not really involved in day to day running of Spurs. And he owns 65% of ENIC with 35% owned by Levy. ENIC own 86%of Spurs. So Levy himself is a part owner.

Source for above:

So it's not like Levy works under Lewis. So this directive doesn't make sense. Unless they are using this as cover story for selling Kane to whoever.

Maybe spurs fans know more.
Guessing Joe Lewis being Spurs majority share holder gives him ultimate control on who stays and who goes?

colombianmancunian

That’s journalist ABU BS. They said the same one year ago and everyone knows how much we end spending.

If there’s a chance to make it happens, I hope it goes through. Kane is exactly what we need to become true title contenders. He will be like RVP, but with more longevity due to having a better injury record.

croadyman

Should be all over this now

If we make our interest concrete I’m sure he would push for us over Bayern/PSG he wants that PL all time scorer record for his legacy
Nah he is only going to Bayern,unfortunately for us his wife is now on board which is last thing we wanted to happen

Last edited:

SmithLogic

Considering the Bayern links have gone dead, can we consider these as possible posturing and nothing but attempts to make MUFC match a bid late on ?

Marcelinho87

This. 100% this.

This Utd side with Kane blatantly challenges for the PL and CL imo.

Kane should absolutely be priority.

It’s what Fergie would do.
Years ago maybe but when did SAF ever sign ready made players, if he had the belief in Hojlund that EtH supposedly has then I reckon he'd be the one SAF goes for.

United doesn't buy superstars it makes them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Kane will go to Bayern. Levy will sell for cut price . If Kane makes it very clear that it's ManUtd or he will leave on free transfer next season, we have decent chance but don't see Kane doing that.

mav_9me

Guessing Joe Lewis being Spurs majority share holder gives him ultimate control on who stays and who goes?
Yes but all the Spurs fans are saying Lewis doesn't get involved at all with Spurs. Apparently his daughter is somewhat involved but they are all surprised in that thread and Spurs forum about Lewis saying anything at all. Not to mention this weakens Spurs hand

croadyman

I dont know how we can work on Hojlund and Kane at the same time. I'd just like to see us drop a big offer on Kane and see if he pushes for it. Then move on if we feel they take the piss, but we should at least lodge a formal bid to see what happens.
Still a mere pipe dream but @Mickeza makes a very valid point about it being interesting that Utd journos broke it