g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
They would if one is funded by sales and happens to be a generational striker capable of adding huge value to the club.

Also if kane is still available toward the end of the window, I'm sure wel make a move. We have enough in sales by then.
If Kane is still available towards the end of the window, unless other clubs start bidding, Spurs are getting 100m for him

If the report about Lewis telling Levy that Kane must be sold rather then allowing him to leave on a free are accurate then the longer this goes on the cheaper he gets

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If Kane is still available towards the end of the window, unless other clubs start bidding, Spurs are getting 100m for him

If the report about Lewis telling Levy that Kane must be sold rather then allowing him to leave on a free are accurate then the longer this goes on the cheaper he gets
Yep. If Kane really wants us he'd stall on any Bayern move.

If we offload Maguire, McTominay for 35m each then we have 70m to put toward the Kane transfer. We can work through add ons and table some sort of offer as a starting point from there.

This is assuming Amrabat is funded by VDB and Fred.

We'd have Shaw and Lindelof for CB back ups with Evans on top. So we are fine for Maguire going.

Amrabat, Mount and Mainoo coming through should cover McT and Fred leaving.

At an absolute push we can consider giving them Sancho or something too. I like him though..

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München

Yesterday he was 29 and worth 100 Mio quid, but today he's 30 and no one pays 100 for such an old Player :D

Djemba-Djemba

They'll do the same thing as when they sold Berbatov.

Levy will drag it out as long as he can and try and squeeze every single penny he can out of Bayern, it'll not get finished until deadline day. Levy will be smug about his tough negotiation tactics and be patting himself on the back. Meanwhile they'll have left themselves no time to properly scout and integrate a quality replacement striker leaving Spurs fecked for the season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Levy will drag it out as long as he can and try and squeeze every single penny he can out of Bayern, it'll not get finished until deadline day. Levy will be smug about his tough negotiation tactics and be patting himself on the back. Meanwhile they'll have left themselves no time to properly scout and integrate a quality replacement striker leaving Spurs fecked for the season.
Was berbatov on his final year of the contract? because if anything Levi's negotiating position will only lessen the further we get go the deadline day.

Djemba-Djemba

Was berbatov on his final year of the contract? because if anything Levi's negotiating position will only lessen the further we get go the deadline day.
He'll still do it though because he knows Bayern won't walk away from the deal. He will definitely try and drag it out for as long as he can. Didn't he do the same thing with Bale?

He seems to get off on being seen as this ice cold tough negotiator.

There are rumours they were supposed to meet today to discuss the Kane transfer and Levy cancelled last minute and delayed it to next week, which is apparently something he often does. He's a massive pain in the arse to deal with. Spurs never actually win any trophies so this is the closest thing he has to glory.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He'll still do it though because he knows Bayern won't walk away from the deal. He will definitely try and drag it out for as long as he can. Didn't he do the same thing with Bale?

There are rumours they were supposed to meet today to discuss the Kane transfer and Levy cancelled last minute and delayed it to next week, which is apparently something he often does. He's a massive pain in the arse to deal with. Spurs never actually win any trophies so this is the closest thing he has to glory.
Most big Spurs transfers are finalised in the end of august. This will probably be the same.

T_Model101

Hugill on loan from us for the season as Spurs naturally leave it too late again :lol:

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If he wants to win trophies he's going to Bayern
Why would he go to Bayern though. To win trophies? he has been content with not winning anything so why would Bundesliga title tempt him? so to me he's either stays in PL (either with spurs or another club) or he goes to Real Madrid.
Claudio Pizaro won bundesliga and nobody remembers him because he won bundesliga.
Up until this point. Imagine having the profile of Kane and never winning anything. Bayern is really the only sensible choice if his goal is silverware.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Yeah he sure seems to have a fetish for that kind of role playing there's no denying that but are bayern actually desperate to sign him? I'm not sure, they're probably going to walk the league either way and while he certainly will improve their chances at cl I'm no confident they're willing to fork out say 120 mil.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Yesterday he was 29 and worth 100 Mio quid, but today he's 30 and no one pays 100 for such an old Player :D
That has nothing to do with it, Levy doesn't own Spurs, he has a boss, and that boss has told him (according to reports) that Kane is not to be allowed to leave on a free, that means at the end of the window if Kane is still there and still maintaining he won't renew his contract then Levy is in a tough spot, he can disobey his bosses orders or get whatever he can

Tarrou

That has nothing to do with it, Levy doesn't own Spurs, he has a boss, and that boss has told him (according to reports) that Kane is not to be allowed to leave on a free, that means at the end of the window if Kane is still there and still maintaining he won't renew his contract then Levy is in a tough spot, he can disobey his bosses orders or get whatever he can
Levy owns a third though, I'm sure he's just as keen to get a decent fee for Kane as Joe Lewis

it's in both their best interests to do so and reinvest in the squad

croadyman

All that means nothing though if he refused to move outside England. Spurs would then have had no choice but to sell to us or lose him for free next year. We had a very real shot at signing him this summer on this basis.

What’s made most of us lose hope is that it seems Kane is prepared to play ball with Spurs and move abroad this summer, rather than kick up a fuss to get a move to United or sit tight and leave on a free. Very frustrating as my suspicion is that we probably haven’t been persuasive enough and/or haven’t even reached out to his team to try and get him onside.
Yeah if we haven't even tried to persuade him considering he's Erik's top target that's very disappointing. Makes me think we didn't believe he would be willing to push for move over anyone else so walked away.

Last edited:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Levy owns a third though, I'm sure he's just as keen to get a decent fee for Kane as Joe Lewis

it's in both their best interests to do so and reinvest in the squad
Lewis's best interest and Levy's might not be the same now given the deep do-dah the former is in, ultimately he has the final say though

Cloud7

This thread has been insanely disrespectful to what is one of the biggest and most prestigious clubs in the world

croadyman

The caf has a hard on for bashing anything related to german football in general. It's so weird, and more often than not just childish
Yeah they shouldn't be bashed,however so frustrating our owners don't allow us to go big

Castia

If he wants to win trophies he's going to Bayern

Up until this point. Imagine having the profile of Kane and never winning anything. Bayern is really the only sensible choice if his goal is silverware.
I do wonder what would be a bigger legacy for Kane. To become the PL’s leading scorer or a few Bundesliga medals

Tarrou

Lewis's best interest and Levy's might not be the same now given the deep do-dah the former is in, ultimately he has the final say though
the average SEC fine is a few million dollars and he's worth several billion

I doubt Harry Kane's future is of any relevance to his best interests in that regard, other than doing the best by Tottenham

aeh1991

Yep. If Kane really wants us he'd stall on any Bayern move.

If we offload Maguire, McTominay for 35m each then we have 70m to put toward the Kane transfer. We can work through add ons and table some sort of offer as a starting point from there.

This is assuming Amrabat is funded by VDB and Fred.

We'd have Shaw and Lindelof for CB back ups with Evans on top. So we are fine for Maguire going.

Amrabat, Mount and Mainoo coming through should cover McT and Fred leaving.

At an absolute push we can consider giving them Sancho or something too. I like him though..
We won't get him. We'll sign Hojlund and Amrabat and sell some deadwoods and that's it.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
the average SEC fine is a few million dollars and he's worth several billion

I doubt Harry Kane's future is of any relevance to his best interests in that regard, other than doing the best by Tottenham
There's also potentially up to 20 years jail time

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I'm not sure how that's going to impact the Harry Kane transfer, but you never know :D
Who knows, but the report that he told Levy that Kane was not to leave on a free came at the same time he was indicted, perhaps he's tying to deflect for his persoana issues but it did seem a bit coinicidental

Tarrou

Who knows, but the report that he told Levy that Kane was not to leave on a free came at the same time he was indicted, perhaps he's tying to deflect for his persoana issues but it did seem a bit coinicidental
I don't think it's coincidental I think it's reporters making up stuff for clicks like they always do

Tarrou

People who piss away a few quid here and there just because they have 1000 of them usually don't become billionaires
i’m not sure what relevance this has to anything? The point is it’s not going to be a liquidity issue for him to the point where he needs to sell Harry Kane or Tottenham

he’ll likely contest the case but it’s not like he has much choice in the matter. The SEC rarely lose a case.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
i’m not sure what relevance this has to anything? The point is it’s not going to be a liquidity issue for him to the point where he needs to sell Harry Kane or Tottenham

he’ll likely contest the case but it’s not like he has much choice in the matter. The SEC rarely lose a case.
I'm paraphrasing a German proverb "von den Reichen kann man sparen lernen" not sure there is a parallel in english, it means roughly "look at a rich man to learn how to save money". The notion that Levy or Lewis don't care about pissing away a few millions just because they could afford it is, in my opinion, off reality

Tarrou

I'm paraphrasing a German proverb "von den Reichen kann man sparen lernen" not sure there is a parallel in english, it means roughly "look at a rich man to learn how to save money". The notion that Levy or Lewis don't care about pissing away a few millions just because they could afford it is, in my opinion, off reality
yeah I get what you mean, you’ve just misunderstood my point

I’m not suggesting he doesn’t care about a few million at all, I certainly believe he does care as he’s a rich cnut and that’s usually all they care about

I’m saying that he has enough liquidity to pay the fine without needing to change strategy on the Harry Kane sale

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
yeah I get what you mean, you’ve just misunderstood my point

I’m not suggesting he doesn’t care about a few million at all, I certainly believe he does care as he’s a rich cnut and that’s usually all they care about

I’m saying that he has enough liquidity to pay the fine without needing to change strategy on the Harry Kane sale
Agreed all good :) there is still the human factor of keeping a player who doesn't want to stay. Real life ain't fifa or FM.
I interpret the whole opera a game of squeezing out a few mil more from a deal everyone knows will happen

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This is it for Kane, last big contract, so I don't doubt for all he comes across as not the type, he will be willing to play very dirty to get what he wants.
I do. I doubt it entirely. He doesn’t seem very clued up and also seems to be very poorly advised by his Agent brother. That’s how Levy took advantage with his last contract in the first place.

Tarrou

Agreed all good :) there is still the human factor of keeping a player who doesn't want to stay. Real life ain't fifa or FM.
I interpret the whole opera a game of squeezing out a few mil more from a deal everyone knows will happen
yeah I agree completely, it’s all a negotiation

I think he’ll leave this summer and I reckon Bayern is the most likely destination. But I can also see United making a late move for him

croadyman

yeah I agree completely, it’s all a negotiation

I think he’ll leave this summer and I reckon Bayern is the most likely destination. But I can also see United making a late move for him
Yeah Bayern will get it over the line unfortunately